Hello

Just registered? Come in to say hello!
iarthur

Hello

Post by iarthur » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:51 pm

Hello everyone,

I have been a Sarah fan for 20 years since I first heard Posession. I have seen her in concert every time she has come to New Orleans (where I live) which is 3 times (4 after the Shine On tour). I love all of her albums and Shine On is a great addition to her catalogue. I can't wait to hear the new songs live! I would have loved to get VIP tickets to the show so I could meet her (a dream of mine) but I can't afford it since I have 3 kids to support. Does anyone know if it is possible to meet her by waiting outside before the show? I really hope I get picked for the living room, that would be really awesome!! I am happy to be able to connect with Sarah fans on here! :D

Ian

Islandflyer
Drifting

Re: Hello

Post by Islandflyer » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:09 am

iarthur wrote:Hello everyone,

I have been a Sarah fan for 20 years since I first heard Posession. I have seen her in concert every time she has come to New Orleans (where I live) which is 3 times (4 after the Shine On tour). I love all of her albums and Shine On is a great addition to her catalogue. I can't wait to hear the new songs live! I would have loved to get VIP tickets to the show so I could meet her (a dream of mine) but I can't afford it since I have 3 kids to support. Does anyone know if it is possible to meet her by waiting outside before the show? I really hope I get picked for the living room, that would be really awesome!! I am happy to be able to connect with Sarah fans on here! :D

Ian
Welcome aboard, Ian! I just saw Sarah (for the first time!) in Seattle Friday and she was fantastic. She played 25 songs, including some I didn't expect. Get ready for a blowout show when she gets there. :D

Did you see her in the mid-nineties on the FTE tour? I have been incredibly captivated by her sound then, and would have loved to have seen her during that period. The new songs she has are every bit as good as anything she's done before, but still different in ways that make them unique. YouTube videos are starting to show up from the first concerts, too. best of luck with an impromptu "meet and greet". :) I couldn't spring for VIP tickets so I know the feeling, and I didn't make the cut for the living room, either. Feel free to check out the chat room on the site, too. You learn lots of fascinating things there. :o
Ed

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:24 am

iarthur wrote:Hello everyone,

Ian
Hello Ian, welcome to the board!
About meeting her after the show, you can try if you want, but I never read anything about fans being able to see her before she leaves on her tour bus. You might be more lucky if you arrive enough early so you catch her before the concert, in the afternoon (before the meet & greet).
The living room thing seems great, I wish you good luck with it! :)
Do you have a favorite song on Shine On?
Karine

Ellie
Root Admin

Post by Ellie » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:52 pm

Hey Ian,

Welcome to the forums! I hope you'll enjoy it here :D

Hopefully you'll be picked for the living room, from what I saw it must be amazing!
Ellen
Sarah McLachlan Online - Solaced.info | Solace Elsewhere: My Blog
Member of the Hacking Team

~I just wanna watch you sleep as you lie here beside me, so close your eyes I'll guard the door~

CarolCiola
Fallen

Post by CarolCiola » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:08 pm

Welcome to the Café, Ian!
So you must be a genuine Fumbler, for loving her for all these years! I can tell you that you're in the right place here :)
Wish you good luck about the living room ^^

iarthur

Post by iarthur » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:31 am

Thanks everyone for the welcoming replies. My first time seeing her was for the Fumbling tour and it is a funny story because when I got there I had no idea that The Offspring were playing across the street. I was a little bummed going in but when she came on I was captivated by her and I was thinking offspring who, they were a distant memory. This performance made me a true fan for life! I have looked for anything sarah since and have not missed a time that she has been around me. I loved the LoL album and really wanted to see her on that tour to see the songs performed live ( not just YouTube videos) so I am a little bummed she is only doing Loving You Is Easy (one of my least favorites from the album) on this tour. I would much rather hear Out of Tune ( my favorite) or Forgiveness or some of the others. I wish we could have at least 1 old song from Solace or Touch but I am thankful for the Mirrorball and Afterglow DVDs for those performances. I hope she does a new dvd for this tour! My favorite songs on shine on (can't choose just one) are: Love Beside Me, (probably my favorite since I like her more electric sound sometimes) Broken Heart, In Your Shoes (I love her performance of this on The Tonight Show! The roots kicked butt!) Turn The Lights Down Low, Monsters, and Beautiful Girl! I really like all of the songs on the album but those stand out to me and get the most play. I am so excited for the show that I have made a playlist on my IPod of the setlist of the show ( I guess I am a little obsessed!). I think my wife is going to be sick of Sarah by the time the show gets here on August 1! :lol:

lovebesideme

Post by lovebesideme » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:33 am

Welcome. I saw Sarah in 1995 at Radio City and have been hooked on her ever since. I always loved her sound,ever since I first brought the cd single for Possession and then I heard the live version of Black from 1992. I have been lucky to meet her and get her autograph back in 2010. I try to go to at least one show every time she puts an album out. To me she is a musical goddess and I will always be a fan.

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:05 am

lovebesideme wrote:Welcome. I saw Sarah in 1995 at Radio City and have been hooked on her ever since. I always loved her sound,ever since I first brought the cd single for Possession and then I heard the live version of Black from 1992. I have been lucky to meet her and get her autograph back in 2010. I try to go to at least one show every time she puts an album out. To me she is a musical goddess and I will always be a fan.
I can tell from what you and Ian have said here that the "aftereffect" of experiencing a Sarah show stays with you a long time. For me, it's still increasing, not fading, like I would expect for most shows I've seen. I watch these YouTube videos of the recent shows and realize, I saw and heard her sing those songs. Now she is really a part of me for life. It's great that an artist can stay with you that way for so long. I'm a Fumbler too now; better late than never. :D
Ed