Hello there!

Just registered? Come in to say hello!
CarolCiola
Fallen

Hello there!

Post by CarolCiola » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:44 am

Hi everyone! Greetings from Brasil!

My name is Carol, and I fell in love with Sarah's work a couple months ago.. I'm so so glad for enjoying this forum and meeting more people that admires Sarah too!

Currently I'm building a fan site to help connect people who love her around here, when finish it I'll share to you guys!

(sorry about my English, I'm still working on it) :)

Karine
A change is coming

Re: Hello there!

Post by Karine » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:12 pm

CarolCiola wrote:Hi everyone! Greetings from Brasil!

My name is Carol, and I fell in love with Sarah's work a couple months ago.. I'm so so glad for enjoying this forum and meeting more people that admires Sarah too!

Currently I'm building a fan site to help connect people who love her around here, when finish it I'll share to you guys!

(sorry about my English, I'm still working on it) :)
Hi Carol!! It's great that you decided to join us! :D
Do you have a favorite song so far?
Karine

CarolCiola
Fallen

Post by CarolCiola » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:02 am

Thanks Karine :)

My fav song is definitely Fallen... oh my, when she sings that chorus live... it carries me from earth to the sky in two seconds!!

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:55 am

I know what you mean and Fallen is a beautiful song! My favorite song is Sweet Surrender :)
How did you discover SM music?
Karine

CarolCiola
Fallen

Post by CarolCiola » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:54 pm

Well, it was funny... I was playing SongPop a very long time ago and listened to Building a Mystery... liked that voice and melody, and went to discover who was singing... it was love at the first sight :lol:

Then I discovered that already knew some other musics from her, but didn't knew that was hers (Adia, Ordinary Miracle, U Want Me 2...) Adia was a theme of a soap opera in Brasil a few years ago, most of people here have already listened to her, but they don't know who is she!

Her lifestyle and her kindness with other people really made me like her, and so... I became her fan.

I'm a big fan of Red Hot Chili Peppers too (since I was 12, today I'm 25), but she is my female singer number one :D

And you, how became her fan?

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:39 pm

Adia in a soap opera, that sounds funny! :D

I discovered her in 1997, when she released Surfacing. Building a Mystery and Sweet Surrender were playing on the radio and that was it!
A friend also gave me Fumbling Towards Ecstasy as a birthday present and I had the possibility to listen more carefully to her songs. I was impressed by what I heard and this feeling is still there today. I was 14 years old when they started playing BAM on the radio and 15 when Sweet Surrender was out as a single. When I got my first job, at 17, I started to buy her records and forced my sister to listen to her too! She became a fan so I can share with her my love for the music. We went to a concert together in 2004 and my sister went to see 3 other shows. I was sad I couldn't go (I'm in France finishing my PhD), but she bought me a beautiful surprise that is waiting for me at home: a pair of Lilith Fair earrings.
Anyway, to make long story short, I am 30 now (almost 31), so I spent half of my life listening to her music.

Do you have friends who also like her music? Can you share your musical interest with people around you? My mother thinks her songs sound all the same! :lol:

By the way, my English is surely not better than yours, as French is my native language.

Oh, and I know it's a bit quiet these days on the boards, but please don't be shy to post messages in the topics you like!
Karine

CarolCiola
Fallen

Post by CarolCiola » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:20 pm

That's nice!!

Hope to see Sarah in Brasil on next year's tour! I'm looking forward to her next CD...

I'm talking so much of Sarah these days that a friend of mine bought Surfacing CD! It didn't arrive to him yet, but I'm happy for he bought the CD..

I'm building a fan site to help connect people who love her around here, when finish it I'll share!

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:19 am

CarolCiola wrote:That's nice!!

Hope to see Sarah in Brasil on next year's tour! I'm looking forward to her next CD...

I'm talking so much of Sarah these days that a friend of mine bought Surfacing CD! It didn't arrive to him yet, but I'm happy for he bought the CD..

I'm building a fan site to help connect people who love her around here, when finish it I'll share!
Surfacing is a good record, I hope your friend like it! :)
Karine

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:38 pm

Karine wrote:
CarolCiola wrote:That's nice!!

Surfacing is a good record, I hope your friend like it! :)
Hello CarolCiola!

Nice to see I'm not the newest member anymore. :D I started with Surfacing, too and have been exploring Sarah's music in both directions from there. I continue to be surprised by the depth and beauty of her songs. I suggest you check out Fumbling Towards Ecstasy next, if you haven't already. Enjoy! :)
Ed
Ed

CarolCiola
Fallen

Post by CarolCiola » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:52 pm

Hi Islandflyer!

Tks for the FTE tip! I'm listening the albums slowly and with much care, now I'm listening to Afterglow. In each album I've been discovering lots of songs that really mean something in parts of my life in the past. I'm enjoying her a lot! :P