Greetings from Seattle

Just registered? Come in to say hello!
Islandflyer
Drifting

Greetings from Seattle

Post by Islandflyer » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:17 pm

Hi folks,

I recently discovered this site, nicely set up and maintained by Ellie, and although I realize things are sort of quite now, thought I'd drop in. I'm fairly new to Sarah, and am becoming "drawn to the rhythm" of her profoundly beautiful music. Hopefully there will be some interesting discussion here from time and time, as Sarah continues to amaze us with great music.

At the moment, I'm somewhat obsessed with Wait, Ice and Hold On, among other things.

Thanks to Ellie for her help in getting my account working! :)

Best to all,

Ed (Islandflyer)
Ed

Karine
A change is coming

Re: Greetings from Seattle

Post by Karine » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:57 am

Islandflyer wrote:Hi folks,

I recently discovered this site, nicely set up and maintained by Ellie, and although I realize things are sort of quite now, thought I'd drop in. I'm fairly new to Sarah, and am becoming "drawn to the rhythm" of her profoundly beautiful music. Hopefully there will be some interesting discussion here from time and time, as Sarah continues to amaze us with great music.

At the moment, I'm somewhat obsessed with Wait, Ice and Hold On, among other things.

Thanks to Ellie for her help in getting my account working! :)

Best to all,

Ed (Islandflyer)
Hi Ed!
Yes, the board is a bit quiet, but when Sarah releases her next album, it'll probably be different.
From the title of this topic, I suppose you're from the USA. I'm from Montréal, actually living in France to pursue my studies. Welcome! :D
Karine

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:04 am

Thank you, Karine :) Meanwhile I'll enjoy the music. Any rumors on themes or concepts she might exploring on her upcoming album?

Ed
Ed

Ellie
Root Admin

Post by Ellie » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:15 am

Hey Ed,

Already said it in the emails, but welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll enjoy it here :D
Ellen
Sarah McLachlan Online - Solaced.info | Solace Elsewhere: My Blog
Member of the Hacking Team

~I just wanna watch you sleep as you lie here beside me, so close your eyes I'll guard the door~

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:33 am

Islandflyer wrote:Thank you, Karine :) Meanwhile I'll enjoy the music. Any rumors on themes or concepts she might exploring on her upcoming album?

Ed
I know nothing about the next record, except for the song she played live in 2012. Did you hear "Beautiful Girl"?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPPwe5zCwAA It seems this song was written for the next record.
Karine

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:35 am

I heard that recently, Karine. It sounds like a good one, but I'll have to listen some more. Meanwhile I'm kind of stuck on her earlier albums right now.

"Plenty" of "Time" though! :D Yes, I know that one is from Afterglow, but it was the first song that really made me listen to her lyrics. Now I'm listening more closely.

And thank you, Ellie :)
Ed