hey everyone :)

Just registered? Come in to say hello!
allora

hey everyone :)

Post by allora » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:10 am

Hello Sarah fans!
My name is Erica, and I've been a long time follower of Sarah's, though this is the first time I'm participating on a Sarah forum online. I became a fan of hers when Surfacing came out (like many of you imagine, though some of you have probably also been fans for longer...), and I've been lucky enough to go to Lilith twice, including this past Saturday in Tinley Park (Chicago)... it was a fabulous show as it was the first time I saw her in Milwaukee. I feel many of her songs describe many of the feelings I've felt while growing up and she'll always be one of my favorites.

A little bit about myself: I'm 26, born in Chicago and raised in the Northern suburbs (any other Chicagoans around?). I love traveling and have been to Canada twice (Toronto, Montréal, Québec City), and 3 times to Europe, including living in France twice (once as an exchange student and once teaching English). Besides traveling, my other big hobby is languages, I studied them in school and have a Masters in French & Francophone World Studies.

Looking forward to reading and writing messages on this board :)

Erica

biancadantas
Lost

Re: hey everyone :)

Post by biancadantas » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:43 am

Hi, Erica! Welcome to the forum! I hope you have a great time here with us. I feel the same as you do when you say Sarah's songs describe some of your feelings. I think it's her gift to be able to express some things in such a pleasant way, with her music.
I'm brazilian and I really like to study languages too! I had studied German and Spanish (besides Portuguese and English, of course) and I'm very interested on learning other languages in the future, one of my next attempts will probably be French.
Hope to hear of you soon!
Bianca.
'Cause I can't be the one you wanted me to be....'
Signature by Ellen

Danyy
Full Of Grace

Post by Danyy » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:20 am

Welcome to the forum Erica, I hope you have a great time here with us :D
You've been to Lilith twice??? How cool!!! Please share the details ;)
Carla

Signature and avatar by Ellen

Kaleysuncle
Drifting

Post by Kaleysuncle » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:28 pm

Hello Erica! Welcome to the board! :) I'm Caleb. The board is a very nice place. It's not always "booming" with people, but we try to keep it interesting at least. It's always great to have newbies! ;)

I just finished my two years of French in high school. I'm now entering my senior year, which is extremely depressing, but also amazing. It's great to know bigger and better things are coming, right? Hopefully... lol I loved French though. It's an amazing language. I regret not taking more time to learn the material to where I would remember it now. :lol: Damn, those other AP classes for taking all my time! :P

In a timeless search for a love that might work... - Stevie Nicks

jessiemonkey
Fumbling

Post by jessiemonkey » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:55 pm

hey erica! im jessie.

welcome to the boards..im so jelous you got to go to lilith twice! i bet it was fun!
enjoy your stay here!

Crazylitstudent
Drifting

Post by Crazylitstudent » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:05 pm

Hello and welcome Erica. I really hope you enjoy your time on the boards, everyone is really friendly so you will feel at home here in no time! :)

allora

Post by allora » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:33 pm

Wow!! Thanks for the warm welcome, it's great to be here!
Danyy wrote:You've been to Lilith twice??? How cool!!! Please share the details ;)
To be honest, I do not remember the first Lilith as well since it was over 10 years ago...I do remember being teary-eyed after Sarah's set, and totally in love with the strength of her voice and lyrics. One of the highlights for me was also the Dixie Chicks set because at that time, I hadn't heard much from them before...those girls can REALLY put on a show. Also, Sheryl Crow was another favorite of mine at my first Lilith, she's another one of my favorite singers and I feel like her music is pure emotion, just like Sarah's.

I really enjoyed this year's Lilith also. Sarah was in great form and she still has such stage presence. She played about half new songs and half old ones. Possession was a highlight for me. One surprise was that she started the set with Angel which, once again, left me teary eyed. I wish I could have driven out the Indianapolis show to see Sarah again, and to see Chantal Kreviazuk (who I'm also a big fan of but never get to see because she never comes to Chicago!), but it just wasn't in the cards this time around. Hopefully next year!
Kaleysuncle wrote:I'm now entering my senior year, which is extremely depressing, but also amazing. It's great to know bigger and better things are coming, right? Hopefully... lol I loved French though. It's an amazing language. I regret not taking more time to learn the material to where I would remember it now. :lol: Damn, those other AP classes for taking all my time! :P
Senior year is stressful but try to enjoy it if you can. You have college to look forward to, and believe me, college is amazing, you will grow and learn so much, I wish I could be in undergrad again :) French is great, if you have the chance to pick it up again during college, you should go for it, maybe you could even try for a minor. :)

Again, thanks to all of you for being so welcoming :) I can already tell this is a great board!

Kaleysuncle
Drifting

Post by Kaleysuncle » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:08 pm

allora wrote:Wow!! Thanks for the warm welcome, it's great to be here!

Kaleysuncle wrote:I'm now entering my senior year, which is extremely depressing, but also amazing. It's great to know bigger and better things are coming, right? Hopefully... lol I loved French though. It's an amazing language. I regret not taking more time to learn the material to where I would remember it now. :lol: Damn, those other AP classes for taking all my time! :P
Senior year is stressful but try to enjoy it if you can. You have college to look forward to, and believe me, college is amazing, you will grow and learn so much, I wish I could be in undergrad again :) French is great, if you have the chance to pick it up again during college, you should go for it, maybe you could even try for a minor. :)
I've been fortunate to only have 2-3 required classes this year, English 12 and Gov't/Economics. If I could've graduated early I would've went for it. So I'm lucky that it won't be that stressful for me. I plan on just enjoying myself. :)

In a timeless search for a love that might work... - Stevie Nicks

Ellie
Root Admin

Post by Ellie » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:18 pm

Hi Erica! Welcome to the board, I'm glad to see you're already enjoying it here! :D
Ellen
Sarah McLachlan Online - Solaced.info | Solace Elsewhere: My Blog
Member of the Hacking Team

~I just wanna watch you sleep as you lie here beside me, so close your eyes I'll guard the door~

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:14 pm

Hi Erica, welcome to the board!

Je suis de Montréal, j'espère que tu passeras du bon temps avec nous sur le forum! :)
Karine