So THIS is where everyone went!

Just registered? Come in to say hello!
WildBlue

So THIS is where everyone went!

Post by WildBlue » Sun May 23, 2010 1:23 am

Greetings all...it has clearly been a while since I was able to make any Sarah-related postings as I was totally unaware of the untimely demise of the Sarahboards forum...but it's nice to see a few familiar faces (avatars, handles, what-have-you) have migrated over here. Major props to the mods and site admin for getting a community like this one going again.

Just poking my head in to say hi at the moment--looks like we need to energize the multimedia forum to get some of Sarah's beautiful music circulating amongst the fans again. Speaking of which, those of you who might remember me from the Sarahboards forum know that I have a soft spot in my heart (and a BIG shelf in my music collection) for Sarah's live performances that tend to get released on radio station compilation and charity CDs; http://www.929themountain.com/pages/stu ... nsale.html is the most recent release I've been able to find, but I'm hoping we'll see a resurgence in material once Sarah begins promoting her new album. Anyone else find anything of interest around the 'Net?

Any way...cheers everybody...talk to you later.
- WildBlue!

Miguel

Re: So THIS is where everyone went!

Post by Miguel » Sun May 23, 2010 1:52 am

It's so great to have you here J, welcome! I'm sure many of us remembered you from the other board ;) Are you back in the states or still overseas? It's been a while, so if you want, hit me up with a message when you have time.

Now that you mentioned the multimedia forum, I did upload a few videos for Ellen the last couple of days. Maybe I'll go on ahead and post them

Thanks for the CD tip. I'm gutted that it's Angel...again. Probably won't purchase it. I forgot the name but I'm positive the last new compilation that featured Sarah included Angel.
My Jon McLaughlin fansite
Member of the Hacking Team

Jessel
Fumbling

Post by Jessel » Sun May 23, 2010 4:47 am

Welcome back Wildblue! :D
One little leaf adrift in the breeze, refuses to fall from the sky
Blown by the wind it clings to the tree, unwilling to wither and die...

Danyy
Full Of Grace

Post by Danyy » Sun May 23, 2010 12:45 pm

Welcome back WildBlue, it's really nice to "see" you again :D
Carla

Signature and avatar by Ellen

WildBlue

Post by WildBlue » Sun May 23, 2010 4:27 pm

Thanks for all the kind words of welcome! I am back in the states though getting ready for another month on the road (more training). However, my next job looks to provide a bit more stability as far as deployments go--generally speaking, I wouldn't have to go down-range again unless it was into a commander's position, and there aren't that many commander's positions open for someone of my rank any more (of course, anything is possible, and there's no telling what our foreign policy will look like over the next 12-24 months). Not sure if this will be my last assignment in the service or not...I am eligible to retire in 2 more years but it all depends on what the state of the economy looks like at that time I suppose.

@ Miguel--I'll hit you up with a PM in the near future, right now I gotta tend to my daughter. But yes, it was Angel on that compilation CD (I am SO looking forward to some new live material!)...I'll post it in the MM forum just in case anyone is interested...

Ellie
Root Admin

Post by Ellie » Sun May 23, 2010 5:21 pm

Welcome back, I'm so glad you joined the forum! May you enjoy it here lol ;)
Ellen
Sarah McLachlan Online - Solaced.info | Solace Elsewhere: My Blog
Member of the Hacking Team

~I just wanna watch you sleep as you lie here beside me, so close your eyes I'll guard the door~

Crazylitstudent
Drifting

Post by Crazylitstudent » Sun May 23, 2010 5:28 pm

Welcome Wildblue! :)

Kaleysuncle
Drifting

Post by Kaleysuncle » Sun May 23, 2010 5:29 pm

Welcome back Wildblue! :D

In a timeless search for a love that might work... - Stevie Nicks

Empirejim
Drifting

Post by Empirejim » Sun May 23, 2010 6:44 pm

I'm glad you beamed aboard Wildblue. Have a good and pleasant ride with us. :lol:

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Mon May 24, 2010 8:47 am

Hey, welcome back! It's true that SarahBoards closes quite quickly, but Ellen found a great way to reunite our "club"! :D
Karine