Need help!

Problems or suggestions? Please post them here. Test posting here too.
Ellie
Root Admin

Need help!

Post by Ellie » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:19 am

Guys,

It was sooner or later for me, but my external hard drive crashed yesterday. It was the one I used for all my Sarah files (and music, but I can live with that) to make it easier... Luckily, there are no bootlegs lost! I did a long time ago a video backup, and luckily I placed a lot of performances online. Today & tomorrow I'll be checking/downloading/see if there's anything I still miss. For now I am sure I miss:

- The unreleased songs. I have them on my mp3 player, but I also miss the ones like "untitled Sarah jamming" etc. If anyone has them, even the Lost/Black early demos, please.

- MP3s of alternative versions of the songs, like Hold On (version II), remixes, loose live mp3 files I had. I can't remember the whole list I had, but if any one you are willing to share what you have - PLEASE.

- My video archive. As I said, most of it is on Solaced, but I had a few things packed on my external hard drive which I didn't share. But, I'm sure the ones who were part of the Sarahboards have them as well, since I don't remember me being that hacky and got my video files from some personal source ;) I will download everything I have put online on Solaced, and I do have some small backup from them, but please - if you have anything I might need, please contact me.

I am thinking of a data recovery, but seeing those prices are extremely high (1000 euros or more) I wanted first to make sure how much I can still get back through you guys or just the internet. If all fails, I might still look into that option but I first want to try this.

I really need your help guys, and I'm more than grateful if you guys can help me out. Again, don't worry too hard - the bootleg archive is OK (I save them all on CDs whenever I get new ones). It's the video archive that worries me the most actually, not more than a year ago I spent too much time on YouTube downloading the HD videos of her Lilith/Sarah and Friends performances - which still might be online! But yeah...

So, that it's, I'm not sure who can help me out but... worth a try & thanks in advance! :D

Your shaky, worrying admin Ellie
Ellen
Sarah McLachlan Online - Solaced.info | Solace Elsewhere: My Blog
Member of the Hacking Team

~I just wanna watch you sleep as you lie here beside me, so close your eyes I'll guard the door~

Karine
A change is coming

Re: Need help!

Post by Karine » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:58 pm

Ellen,
I'm sorry to read that! :( I can help you, the only problem is that I don't have a lot of time to send you the files you might have lost.
If you don't need them right now, I could send them later, during the summer for example. I'm not sure that I'll be really helpful, because you know that my video collection is small (compared to pictures).
Would it be okay if I did a print screen or someting like that, so you could compare my files with yours?
Karine

Islandflyer
Drifting

Re: Need help!

Post by Islandflyer » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:36 pm

Hope you're recovering OK from the data loss, Ellen. I probably don't have anything you didn't still have, but I'm happy to help if there's anything I can do. All I have is what I got from you before, and the published albums. Best of luck.

Ed
Ed