Board "news"

Problems or suggestions? Please post them here. Test posting here too.
Karine
A change is coming

Re: Board "news"

Post by Karine » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:08 pm

It seems to work, but do you know if there's a way to get some sort of notification or alert if someone post something (like a little sign on the browser tab)?
Karine

CarolCiola
Fallen

Post by CarolCiola » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:24 am

Ellie, the chat doesn't works well on Firefox, but it goes well on Google Chrome and Internet Explorer (I accessed with IE9 only, I don't know about the other versions). I oppened the chat at Firefox because it's my default browser, got a fright rsrs

Ellie
Root Admin

Post by Ellie » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:16 am

CarolCiola wrote:Ellie, the chat doesn't works well on Firefox, but it goes well on Google Chrome and Internet Explorer (I accessed with IE9 only, I don't know about the other versions). I oppened the chat at Firefox because it's my default browser, got a fright rsrs
I use Firefox as well, and it works fine right here. Karine had some problems in IE9, which you don't - so I'm not sure if I understand it anymore... You might want to refresh a few times or log out - log in, delete internet browser history etc. But what exactly doesn't work in the chat?
Ellen
Sarah McLachlan Online - Solaced.info | Solace Elsewhere: My Blog
Member of the Hacking Team

~I just wanna watch you sleep as you lie here beside me, so close your eyes I'll guard the door~

CarolCiola
Fallen

Post by CarolCiola » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:23 am

The chat itself worked, but the problem is the screen layout:

- the background is dark grey, which doesn't matches with the font color, so it becomes difficult to read the conversation.
- the textbox is not right positioned (it's in the middle of the screen)

I'll send you a screenshot by email. I'll clean up the browser's cache and make all that stuff you mentioned to see if it will work.

Ellie
Root Admin

Post by Ellie » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:25 am

CarolCiola wrote:The chat itself worked, but the problem is the screen layout:

- the background is dark grey, which doesn't matches with the font color, so it becomes difficult to read the conversation.
- the textbox is not right positioned (it's in the middle of the screen)

I'll send you a screenshot by email. I'll clean up the browser's cache and make all that stuff you mentioned to see if it will work.
Karine also had a dark grey background, which I also had. That one magically disappeared, so I have no idea actually how & what :? I'll check your screenshot!
Ellen

~I just wanna watch you sleep as you lie here beside me, so close your eyes I'll guard the door~

CarolCiola
Fallen

Post by CarolCiola » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:42 am

Well, problem is gone! Now we know it sometimes needs to clean up the browser's cache or logout - login :roll:

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:17 pm

Great idea, Ellen. Now if I can manage to be on when you guys are, it would be fine. The problem with time zones.... :)
Ed

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:29 pm

I like Solaced new Christmas/Wonderland layout :)
Karine

Ellie
Root Admin

Post by Ellie » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:59 pm

Karine wrote:I like Solaced new Christmas/Wonderland layout :)
Thank you :D The "Winterglow" theme will be online for only this winter though ;) Did you notice the changing header too?

Also, question generally: I would like to do something this year again on the site/forum. We did the advent calendar once and I believe I also exchanged cards one year, but I'm sort of out of ideas. The advent calendar is something fun, but I'm not sure if I have enough "stuff" to give out. Or at least stuff that isn't on the site or generally out there just yet.
Ellen

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:33 pm

Ellie wrote:Thank you :D The "Winterglow" theme will be online for only this winter though ;) Did you notice the changing header too?

Also, question generally: I would like to do something this year again on the site/forum. We did the advent calendar once and I believe I also exchanged cards one year, but I'm sort of out of ideas. The advent calendar is something fun, but I'm not sure if I have enough "stuff" to give out. Or at least stuff that isn't on the site or generally out there just yet.
Yes, I saw the different headers. They're great!

You could do a calendar with less days, 10 instead of 25 for example. It doesn't always have to be new stuff only: some fans may re-discover videos or songs they had forgotten about.

Leonard Cohen died a few days ago (so sad!); I believe Sarah sang Hallelujah with the Canadian Tenors. My version isn't the best, but maybe you have a better recording. It could be in the calendar (or not, if the sound is too bad).
Karine