Board "news"

Problems or suggestions? Please post them here. Test posting here too.
Ellie
Root Admin

Re: Board "news"

Post by Ellie » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:29 am

Thanks Karine, that's a good idea ;) I'll try and think about stuff to share, as well trying to design some pretty calendar :D
Ellen
Sarah McLachlan Online - Solaced.info | Solace Elsewhere: My Blog
Member of the Hacking Team

~I just wanna watch you sleep as you lie here beside me, so close your eyes I'll guard the door~

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:25 am

I can't wait to see that :)
Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:25 am

Fun calendar, Ellen!

I hope you didnt spend too much time on fixing the website and the boards! :)
Karine

Ellie
Root Admin

Post by Ellie » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:43 pm

Karine wrote:Fun calendar, Ellen!

I hope you didnt spend too much time on fixing the website and the boards! :)
Thanks, I hope I have enough fun stuff to share :D I was planning on making a few graphics, if you have time and want to submit something, feel free!

Luckily the whole board/site down-thing was not my fault - this time I wasn't even hacked. Some weird robot (like Google Bot, which visits our boards from time to time) decided to crawl through this forum for search engine-related things. It is still crawling the forum as far as I can tell, but it was crawling so much that it caused an overload on my hosting company's servers - that's why the put everything offline. I think I've done my best to block the damn thing, though it still shows up in the access-log files, even though it's getting a 404 does not exist error on each page it's crawling. Weirdly enough the site statistics register it as visits/hits, so my hits this month on the site are way too much :D

I'm again sorry for the trouble, they didn't warn me or anything but just placed the files offline. I can understand that, but that did mean that even though I check the site/statistics daily, it took a little while to get this straight. I hope the bot will be blocked completely eventually, but that might take while.
Ellen

~I just wanna watch you sleep as you lie here beside me, so close your eyes I'll guard the door~

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:12 pm

Don't worry, I'm glad everything is working now. :)

I don't know if I'll have time to make something: 40 dissertations are waiting for me (I have a week and a half to mark them), I have an article to write in the next days, and a former student is asking for a reference letter (+ a department meeting next week).

Or it would be something simple, because I can't spend 2-3 hours on playing with fonts and brushes. I'll let you know if I can come up with something :)
Karine

Ellie
Root Admin

Post by Ellie » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:48 pm

No worries Karine, I know you're very busy and don't feel pressured! I think I have enough cool audio-video files to share, and including some graphics that I still have to make it should be enough. I just realized a few days ago how much I still miss on files since my Sarah external harddrive crashed. But it'll be fine :D

Good luck with everything!
Ellen

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:48 pm

Thank you!
I taught the final class on the fall session last Friday, so I can at least focus on marking dissertations and writing the article. I just have to be really efficient :)
Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:54 am

Hi Ellen,
Thanks for adding the wallpapers to your advent calendar. I was really sick in the last days, so I just caught up the on the days I missed, and I just saw them.
The file for today, Gloomy Sunday, it's not working for me. I get an error page from MediaFire. Is it just because I downloaded to many files in a short period of time? I'll try again tomorrow.
Karine

Ellie
Root Admin

Post by Ellie » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:17 am

Hi Karine,

The download works for me so it might be that mediafire is temporary blocking downloads because you downloaded a lot of files in such a short time, yes. I hope it works for you now :D It's probably a version you already have anyway ;)

Hope you feel better!
Ellen

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:47 am

I tried again and it still doesn't work. I'm not sure if I have this version of Gloomy Sunday, maybe on my external hard drive, but I'm too lazy to check :lol:
Today's file, I Will Remember You, worked fine.
Karine