Board "news"

Problems or suggestions? Please post them here. Test posting here too.
Ellie
Root Admin

Re: Board "news"

Post by Ellie » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:05 pm

Karine wrote:Yes, it's more clear that way. If I understand correctly, you will merge all concerts and appearances under the Tour page: if I'm correct, I think it's a good idea.
Thanks Karine :D And yeah, you're right. For now her small appearances are under different pages for all the years - it doesn't only (probably) confuse people, but I sometimes had problems deciding when it was a "show" or a "media appearances". But I'll put them in one page :)
Ellen
Sarah McLachlan Online - Solaced.info | Solace Elsewhere: My Blog
Member of the Hacking Team

~I just wanna watch you sleep as you lie here beside me, so close your eyes I'll guard the door~

CarolCiola
Fallen

Post by CarolCiola » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:14 pm

Liked of the new page style, Ellie! The informations are "cleaner" this way ;)

Ellie
Root Admin

Post by Ellie » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:29 pm

CarolCiola wrote:Liked of the new page style, Ellie! The informations are "cleaner" this way ;)

Thank you :D
Ellen

~I just wanna watch you sleep as you lie here beside me, so close your eyes I'll guard the door~

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:49 am

It looks great, Ellen! You have a tremendous site here, and it's very well organized. Keep up the good work, and thank you for your dedication. :)

Ed
Ed

Ellie
Root Admin

Post by Ellie » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:08 pm

^ Thank you Ed :D

I have a question for you all: I often see many users online at the same time (well not always but still). I had the idea to add a chatfunction. It will be open to everyone, to make sure there won't be weird convo's or anything (or spammers making you guys uncomfortable). I still have to look up the specific code and everything that is possible, but first wanted to know if you guys think it's a good idea. If not, no problem - just let me know ;)
Ellen

CarolCiola
Fallen

Post by CarolCiola » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:43 pm

Good idea, I'm on it!

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:47 pm

Ellie wrote:^ Thank you Ed :D

I have a question for you all: I often see many users online at the same time (well not always but still). I had the idea to add a chatfunction. It will be open to everyone, to make sure there won't be weird convo's or anything (or spammers making you guys uncomfortable). I still have to look up the specific code and everything that is possible, but first wanted to know if you guys think it's a good idea. If not, no problem - just let me know ;)
Would it be a private chat function only between 2 members or a chat section where all the connected members could interact at the same time (if that feature exists)?
I'm not really interested by a private chat option. I use private messages for that. If it's all together at the same time, I might be interested because it would keep the sense of community we have here. That's what I like about this board: being able to talk about Sarah with others, not only in private (I have my sister for that :D ).
Karine

Ellie
Root Admin

Post by Ellie » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:52 pm

Karine wrote: Would it be a private chat function only between 2 members or a chat section where all the connected members could interact at the same time (if that feature exists)?
I'm not really interested by a private chat option. I use private messages for that. If it's all together at the same time, I might be interested because it would keep the sense of community we have here. That's what I like about this board: being able to talk about Sarah with others, not only in private (I have my sister for that :D ).
It will be an open chatroom, at least that is what I want and will look for. I don't want a private chat room between 2 members either, because the reason for the chatroom was indeed to keep the sense of the community. The main reason would be that if you're online at the forum, and you see another member (or 2) you can send some chatmessage that everyone can see. I think, from what I found, it's some sort of shoutbox:

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/ ... w_version/
Ellen

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:30 pm

That would be great, it's what I had in mind when I read your post. :)
Karine

Ellie
Root Admin

Post by Ellie » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:32 pm

Weeeeeeeeeeeeell, there should be now a link to Mini-Chat in the right upper corner, by the links to the FAQ and the memberlist. I thought it would merge into the index page (like at the bottom row or something) but for now I can't seem to get that - and maybe it isn't even possible. But, on the other hand, the chat opens now in a new window so you can chat in the other and close the forum, or browse the forum at the same time :) Ehm, let me know if it works!
Ellen