Spam

Problems or suggestions? Please post them here. Test posting here too.
Ellie
Root Admin

Spam

Post by Ellie » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:56 pm

Lately we've been receive alot of spam and I'm trying (and also Miguel) to do the best I can with deleting it. Right now they're starting to post too, LOL, in the Newbie section. I can see they're spam because of the (same) online movie watching link they're all sharing in their signatures. Right now I'm deleting their posts and the replies some of you gave so it won't look that out of place :P

I get the feeling alot more spammers are registered because they either never post or never look at the forum/log in again. But then again, it could be someone who just forgot the forum ;)
Ellen
Sarah McLachlan Online - Solaced.info | Solace Elsewhere: My Blog
Member of the Hacking Team

~I just wanna watch you sleep as you lie here beside me, so close your eyes I'll guard the door~

Miguel

Re: Spam

Post by Miguel » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:27 pm

I want to add that if you see people who just signed up and posted a hello message, make sure you check their sigs first. Their sigs will have messages/links saying to watch videos on their site.. that's pretty much the first indication that they are spammers, so just disregard their post and don't reply to them. Ellen will be deleting the users asap.
My Jon McLaughlin fansite

Ellie
Root Admin

Re: Spam

Post by Ellie » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:37 pm

Guys, we've had some more spam lately as some of you have noticed. I'm deleting it all right now, don't worry! Just something I want to say: please do not answer on these topics. First, the spammer who posted is never going to read it anyway (mostly they're bots) and second, it's harder for me to delete the topic. If it's just the spammer I delete the spammer and their posts, but if there are replies on the topic I have to delete those again. No worries though! And sorry for the spam, I'm trying to look for something that takes care of spammers signing up less frequent. ;)
Ellen
Sarah McLachlan Online - Solaced.info | Solace Elsewhere: My Blog

~I just wanna watch you sleep as you lie here beside me, so close your eyes I'll guard the door~