Updates and news!

Grazza215

Re: Updates and news!

Post by Grazza215 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:39 am

Wow - listened to it yesterday and there are some outstanding tracks on it. Was very happy when it appeared on my apple music play list.

O Come All Ye Faithfull a particular stand out for me.

I was slightly concerned that it would be a rehash - but the vocals (oh my) and the arrangements are really fantastic.

G

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:39 pm

O Come All Ye Faithful is also one of my favorites (with Snow), and my sister said this song brought her to tears. It's beautiful!
Karine

Quincy
Fallen

Post by Quincy » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:09 am

Hi everybody,
I'm sorry, but I'm so,so disappointed in this album. I feel more than a little cheated in what is just over half an hours worth of songs. I've played it in the car, on my iPod and on my main audio system, but it still leaves me cold. It has no redeeming features at all. "Go tell it to the mountain" is dire.
I'll forgive SMcL most things, (Especially not coming to Europe/UK on tour), but it will take a long time for me to forgive this. I honestly can't see her winning many new fans with this effort, and she won't keep any of her loyal fans if she repeats this. Wintersong I will, and do, listen to because I have warmed to it, but it took several years for that to happen. I see no future in this album for me. It's going to the great digital dump to sit forlornly alongside "Bloom"
I now regret buying this album!
Surely it's not just me that thinks along these lines is it?
Quincy

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:55 pm

Quincy wrote:Hi everybody,
I'm sorry, but I'm so,so disappointed in this album. I feel more than a little cheated in what is just over half an hours worth of songs. I've played it in the car, on my iPod and on my main audio system, but it still leaves me cold. It has no redeeming features at all. "Go tell it to the mountain" is dire.
I'll forgive SMcL most things, (Especially not coming to Europe/UK on tour), but it will take a long time for me to forgive this. I honestly can't see her winning many new fans with this effort, and she won't keep any of her loyal fans if she repeats this. Wintersong I will, and do, listen to because I have warmed to it, but it took several years for that to happen. I see no future in this album for me. It's going to the great digital dump to sit forlornly alongside "Bloom"
I now regret buying this album!
Surely it's not just me that thinks along these lines is it?
Quincy
Go Tell It On the Mountain isn't one of my favorites, but I still like it.
Are you familiar with Martha Wainwright's Christmas songs? If you're not, that's probably why you dislike Go Tell It On The Mountain.
Almost every year, the Wainwright/McGarrigle family (Martha, Rufus) get together and put up a Christmas show (with Emmylou Harris, and other singers). That's what their Holiday music sounds like.

For me, this song isn't a typical Sarah song: it's more like Sarah getting on the "Wainwright Christmas train" and singing with them. It's like this, but with Sarah: https://youtu.be/RlpgtlCZFYg?t=11m25s

(I'm talking about Martha Wainwright and Emmylou Harris because they sing on this song).

I like Wonderland, even though it doesn't have the same feeling of novelty that I found in Wintersong.

__
And a promo video for Barnes and Noble (at the bottom of the page):
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/wonderl ... n/30347016
Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:11 pm

Wonderland is certified Gold in Canada :D

http://musiccanada.com/gold-platinum/
(40,000 units)

Date: December 21, 2016
Certification: Gold Album(s)
Artist/Album: Sarah McLachlan, Wonderland (Canada)
Label: The Verve Music Group, A Division Of Umg Recordings, Inc.
Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:59 pm

Wonderland is nominated for a Juno!

Adult contemporary album of the year

Encore un soir, Céline Dion
Hard Sail, Chantal Kreviazuk
A Fine Line, Heather Rankin
Beating Heart, Mark Masri
Wonderland, Sarah McLachlan
Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:28 pm

Sarah is nominated for a Grammy! :D

7. Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album
(For albums containing at least 51% playing time of new traditional pop recordings.)

• Nobody But Me (Deluxe Version)
Michael Bublé

• Triplicate
Bob Dylan

• In Full Swing
Seth MacFarlane

• Wonderland
Sarah McLachlan

• Tony Bennett Celebrates 90
(Various Artists)
Dae Bennett, Producer
Karine

Quincy
Fallen

Post by Quincy » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:11 pm

Hi Everybody,

OK, I guess it's just me then that isn't impressed with Wondeland??

I played it before Christmas, along with Wintersong, to try and cheer myself up a little and to get into the Christmas spirit, (I was trying to shake off the "Grinch" tag that my son kindly gave to me!), but it still leaves me cold.
I will persevere with it, I promise.

Q