"In Your Shoes" 1st single

Karine
A change is coming

Re: "In Your Shoes" 1st single

Post by Karine » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:01 pm

chadwick wrote:i like that she works with the kids, and the school stands for a cause that is greatly needed. i would like to see more of sarah this time around though. LOI passed by so quick that she was gone in a hot minute -- and that wasn't cool after a long wait since afterglow (not counting wintersong). i definitely don't want her to produce a record for the sake of making one, but then again i don't think long gaps between records is a good choice either (for any artist really). she could always choose touring over producing records, or at least until the muses come. i would love the opportunity to see her live again. so far, her tour is not coming near my area. :(

i really don't know much about this record. i haven't heard any interviews but i did read on amazon that it was devoted to her father's passing. i didn't know that he passed (3 years ago) -- that would have been around LOI. hmm, maybe that was why promotion was cut short? i was sad to hear of this because i knew how much he loved her from watching old interviews with him.
I couldn't see any concerts in the last year and I know what you mean when you say that you would want to see her again (I saw her only one time, in 2004). I hope I'll have the chance to see her again during this tour.
About her father, he died at the end of 2010, right in the middle of her Sarah and Friends tour:
http://www.solaced.info/tour/archive/sarah-and-friends/
That must have been a tough time :?
Karine

Crazylitstudent
Drifting

Post by Crazylitstudent » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:42 pm

Just listened to all the samples and... I have to say I really like what I hear. In Your Shoes is okay but the rest of the album is REALLY good. I was holding off ordering the album until after I had a chance to listen to it on Spoify but now I have it ordered on amazon and am really excited about getting it next week. :)

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:28 am

Crazylitstudent wrote:Just listened to all the samples and... I have to say I really like what I hear. In Your Shoes is okay but the rest of the album is REALLY good. I was holding off ordering the album until after I had a chance to listen to it on Spoify but now I have it ordered on amazon and am really excited about getting it next week. :)
I'm glad that you liked the samples: you will love the record, I'm sure about that! :D
Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:06 am

You can watch the new official lyric video for In Your Shoes here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh1ZJ8OYpLQ

I'm not a fan of lyric videos and I'm sorry to say that, but I find this one boring. :roll:

This is one of my favorite lyrics video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cksZLD0y5WU
They hired a graphic designer and he created something beautiful for "Now I'm All Messed Up".
For IYS, well, we see sparkling water and words.
Karine

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Mon May 26, 2014 5:05 pm

My cat Emma is a fan of In Your Shoes, too. ;)

Ed

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:34 am

I have a question about the 1st single. I recently bought the Radio mix of Monsters and I wonder if there's also an official single version of IYS.
Do you know if the single is the album version?
Karine