"In Your Shoes" 1st single

Karine
A change is coming

Re: "In Your Shoes" 1st single

Post by Karine » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:06 pm

She seems to get more and more airplay, that's good! :)
Karine

Crazylitstudent
Drifting

Post by Crazylitstudent » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:33 pm

I've only just heard the song and on first listen it's OK. I wouldn't call it my favourite song of all time but it's not bad. I'm still really excited for the album though. :)

TheSquirrel
Full Of Grace

Post by TheSquirrel » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:53 pm

Just heard it, and I find it a bit naff. Heard it all before. They don't seem to want to share the previews with the rest of the world, not surprising because 90% of her fans are probably in the Americas. I certainly don't want to hear her saying how much she loves Europe etc. It's not that I care that much as I can wait to hear the stuff, it just shows lack of consideration for European and World fans.

I am lucky enough to now have the money and the time to see her anywhere in the world and pay for top seats, I'm simply not inspired to do it any more, although I would see her if she appeared over here. For me she lost it after Afterglow, for whatever reason.

The fans on here are the best, same applies when I saw her live 10 times in 2004, great fans. Sadly for me the artist has lost her appeal. Too bland. I'm a miserable git, but I truly wish I could be more positive.
I'm an opinionated old tosser and proud of it.

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:55 am

TheSquirrel wrote:Just heard it, and I find it a bit naff. Heard it all before. They don't seem to want to share the previews with the rest of the world, not surprising because 90% of her fans are probably in the Americas. I certainly don't want to hear her saying how much she loves Europe etc. It's not that I care that much as I can wait to hear the stuff, it just shows lack of consideration for European and World fans.

I am lucky enough to now have the money and the time to see her anywhere in the world and pay for top seats, I'm simply not inspired to do it any more, although I would see her if she appeared over here. For me she lost it after Afterglow, for whatever reason.

The fans on here are the best, same applies when I saw her live 10 times in 2004, great fans. Sadly for me the artist has lost her appeal. Too bland. I'm a miserable git, but I truly wish I could be more positive.
I'm hoping you're wrong, Squirrel, since I will be seeing her for the first time in June. But I have to say I don't see how she can top what she's already done, but I am betting she can! I'm not sure about this song, though. I like Laws of Illusion a lot, but it's not my favorite album, either. So only "Time" will tell. :)
Ed

TheSquirrel
Full Of Grace

Post by TheSquirrel » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:47 am

Islandflyer wrote: I'm hoping you're wrong, Squirrel, since I will be seeing her for the first time in June. But I have to say I don't see how she can top what she's already done, but I am betting she can! I'm not sure about this song, though. I like Laws of Illusion a lot, but it's not my favorite album, either. So only "Time" will tell. :)
I think she'll still be great, and what she's doing now doesn't undermine the brilliance of her past work.

To add another little insult to a few similar complaints I've heard on here, I just received a mail saying listen to "Monsters," follow the link only to be told "sorry people where you live can't listen to this." Yeah thanks - and screw you too media execs, management, and Ms McL herself. Talk about taking the piss!

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:45 pm

TheSquirrel wrote:
Islandflyer wrote: I'm hoping you're wrong, Squirrel, since I will be seeing her for the first time in June. But I have to say I don't see how she can top what she's already done, but I am betting she can! I'm not sure about this song, though. I like Laws of Illusion a lot, but it's not my favorite album, either. So only "Time" will tell. :)
I think she'll still be great, and what she's doing now doesn't undermine the brilliance of her past work.

To add another little insult to a few similar complaints I've heard on here, I just received a mail saying listen to "Monsters," follow the link only to be told "sorry people where you live can't listen to this." Yeah thanks - and screw you too media execs, management, and Ms McL herself. Talk about taking the piss!
If you want, you can check the Multimedia section. I know it won't solve the problem, but maybe you'll like the song ;)
Karine

TheSquirrel
Full Of Grace

Post by TheSquirrel » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:37 am

Karine wrote:
TheSquirrel wrote:

If you want, you can check the Multimedia section. I know it won't solve the problem, but maybe you'll like the song ;)
Thanks Karine. I'll give it a listen tomorrow - hope it's better than the single. Am I becoming even more jaded, dissatisfied, demanding, and grumpy in my old age? Probably. Sometimes hearing new songs live gives them a very different perspective.

chadwick
Touched

Post by chadwick » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:39 am

i haven't been too impressed with the output thus far for this album -- but again, i think it requires a few more listens. BG is my favorite of the 3 released thus far. the bonus track that was written and released for "king kong" was okay -- i thought it was too glossy. i won't say anything about the holiday songs since she co-wrote them with the school.

part of the problem is that my excitement has been focused on tori's new album, which releases a week later. i find her work more interesting and i feel she has a stronger connection to the music. i don't sense that with sarah these days. from what i remember during her LOI-era interviews, she said she didn't need to make music anymore, that she could retire. i found that off-putting as she mentioned it on more than one occasion. i mean, why are you making another album then? i really need to feel that spark again from sarah. for me, something changed after wintersong. i'm not saying LOI was a bad album but it really wasn't that memorable, aside from a few tracks. i partially blame the promotion and the tour cancellations. i hope it is better this time around.

i did read that we could stream the full album now... i think i am going to wait until release day though. i may be back on here spouting praises, who knows -- but this is how i feel now.
fumbling...

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:42 am

I understand what you mean but I don't see it that way. Unlike other artists who have the pressure or the need to make music to have enough money to live, she is wealthy now and she doesn't have the same worries. I also heard in an interview that she likes to work for the school of music, that this new "business" aspect of her life was interesting. I like to think that she has the luxury to make only the music that she really wants, that she doesn't put out a record only to make sure that people don't forget about her (I'm not talking about T. Amos, I'm a fan too).
Karine

chadwick
Touched

Post by chadwick » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:55 pm

i like that she works with the kids, and the school stands for a cause that is greatly needed. i would like to see more of sarah this time around though. LOI passed by so quick that she was gone in a hot minute -- and that wasn't cool after a long wait since afterglow (not counting wintersong). i definitely don't want her to produce a record for the sake of making one, but then again i don't think long gaps between records is a good choice either (for any artist really). she could always choose touring over producing records, or at least until the muses come. i would love the opportunity to see her live again. so far, her tour is not coming near my area. :(

i really don't know much about this record. i haven't heard any interviews but i did read on amazon that it was devoted to her father's passing. i didn't know that he passed (3 years ago) -- that would have been around LOI. hmm, maybe that was why promotion was cut short? i was sad to hear of this because i knew how much he loved her from watching old interviews with him.
fumbling...