New album news

Mooncrown

Re: New album news

Post by Mooncrown » Sat May 03, 2014 10:15 pm

Good review of Shine On from Renowned for Sound- 3.5 out of 5 stars!

http://renownedforsound.com/index.php/a ... -shine-on/

Mooncrown

Post by Mooncrown » Sat May 03, 2014 10:21 pm

Mooncrown

Post by Mooncrown » Sat May 03, 2014 10:34 pm

I haven't posted in awhile since Laws was released but I have been coming here periodically especially when promotion for Shine On started. I just wanted to say that I was getting a bit frustrated with people on other forums saying Sarah has lost her touch and is playing it too safe. Everyone seems to want her to make Fumbling 2.0 or they won't listen. While I love FTE to death and consider it her masterpiece, I also don't want to hear the same album again. I expect her to mature and for her work to mature with her as her life and priorities change. Her voice is still amazing and still makes me feel something and that's what matters to me and keeps me listening.

With that said I just want to say how refreshing it was to come here and read all the positive comments and excitement for the album. I have only listened to In Your Shoes and nothing else , not even clips or streams. I'm saving my first listen for Tuesday when it is released in the US. I am really excited and feel like this is going to be a special collection after reading your comments and the reviews I just posted. So thanks everyone and can't wait to share my thoughts as well after Tuesday :)

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sun May 04, 2014 12:04 am

You should come more here and less on other forums ;)
I didn't want FTE #2, I wanted something new, songs that would touch me and make me feel something different.
I hope you will enjoy the record when you will listen to it.
Sarah's voice is strong but also soft and it feels good to hear it again :)
Karine

Mooncrown

Post by Mooncrown » Sun May 04, 2014 1:17 am

Karine wrote:You should come more here and less on other forums ;)
I didn't want FTE #2, I wanted something new, songs that would touch me and make me feel something different.
I hope you will enjoy the record when you will listen to it.
Sarah's voice is strong but also soft and it feels good to hear it again :)
Thanks Karine - I definitely will :D

Can't wait to hear what she has come up with - her voice and songs are so comforting to me

Miguel

Post by Miguel » Sun May 04, 2014 4:49 am

Mooncrown wrote:While I love FTE to death and consider it her masterpiece, I also don't want to hear the same album again. I expect her to mature and for her work to mature with her as her life and priorities change. Her voice is still amazing and still makes me feel something and that's what matters to me and keeps me listening.

My sentiments exactly! I hate reading how people want another Sweet Surrender, Possession, BAM, Angel...etc... Get over it, it's not gonna happen. Sarah's growing, we are growing, but apparently some are still clinging to the past.

I also only listened to In Your Shoes and 2 other songs. I'm holding off the rest until I get my copy on Tuesday
My Jon McLaughlin fansite
Member of the Hacking Team

livia

Post by livia » Sun May 04, 2014 5:55 am

Miguel wrote:
Mooncrown wrote:While I love FTE to death and consider it her masterpiece, I also don't want to hear the same album again. I expect her to mature and for her work to mature with her as her life and priorities change. Her voice is still amazing and still makes me feel something and that's what matters to me and keeps me listening.

My sentiments exactly! I hate reading how people want another Sweet Surrender, Possession, BAM, Angel...etc... Get over it, it's not gonna happen. Sarah's growing, we are growing, but apparently some are still clinging to the past.

I also only listened to In Your Shoes and 2 other songs. I'm holding off the rest until I get my copy on Tuesday
yeah, exaclty, I love too much FTE, it was so important to me at the time... but these comments are from people that don´t follow Sarah´s work only listen the "popular songs"... real fans like us :) understand that FTE era was gone so far...Sarah is growing, living her life the way she wants, as She said: she don´t make radio songs, only to pleasure herself... I think its great, raw and original thing... the songs speaks for itself, it will be too fake if she have to force something to look good for mainstream radio. I really love this album, love the title, love the songs... it all positive in a way that I´ve never seen before, it´s so mature, so lovely without be cliche and I love all guitar she puts on, so energetic! and the most surprising to me is the way she sang the backing vocals on the songs, in the Flesh and Blood the ay ay ay ( like breathing sound) is so good! in the monsters too, the mix of several instruments. I notice at least to me that she changed a little the way she sings in a more energetic way, emphasizing more the words ( I think in this album she´s more secure and strong)... the beginning of the turns the lights remembered me of Plenty lol so funny lol I just love all the songs production its so fresh and raw! so pride of Sarah! :D

Mooncrown

Post by Mooncrown » Sun May 04, 2014 5:01 pm

Miguel wrote:

Glad you understand Miguel !

I think we're both in for a treat on Tuesday :)

Mooncrown

Post by Mooncrown » Sun May 04, 2014 5:06 pm

livia wrote:
Miguel wrote:

yeah, exaclty, I love too much FTE, it was so important to me at the time... but these comments are from people that don´t follow Sarah´s work only listen the "popular songs"... real fans like us :) understand that FTE era was gone so far...Sarah is growing, living her life the way she wants, as She said: she don´t make radio songs, only to pleasure herself... I think its great, raw and original thing... the songs speaks for itself, it will be too fake if she have to force something to look good for mainstream radio. I really love this album, love the title, love the songs... it all positive in a way that I´ve never seen before, it´s so mature, so lovely without be cliche and I love all guitar she puts on, so energetic! and the most surprising to me is the way she sang the backing vocals on the songs, in the Flesh and Blood the ay ay ay ( like breathing sound) is so good! in the monsters too, the mix of several instruments. I notice at least to me that she changed a little the way she sings in a more energetic way, emphasizing more the words ( I think in this album she´s more secure and strong)... the beginning of the turns the lights remembered me of Plenty lol so funny lol I just love all the songs production its so fresh and raw! so pride of Sarah! :D

Thanks livia. I think you're right that people who make these comments are not fans and are only interested in the "hits." It's not that we can't be critical or have to like everything she does, but to completely dismiss her recent work is unfair and short-sighted.

Thanks for your reactions to the album- I am even more excited to hear it in full on Tuesday :thumbup:

Crazylitstudent
Drifting

Post by Crazylitstudent » Mon May 05, 2014 8:30 am

This is where the North Americans can really hate us buuut if you live in Europe you can listen to the album on spotify NOW:

Deluxe:
http://open.spotify.com/album/2BrhHhoMEK4lAgEBaeXCMi

Regular:
http://open.spotify.com/album/37mRXPJNUcgVeLMgxAwnIC

This is good because my physical copy won't arrive till later in the week (I went for free postage from amazon) :)