closer

chadwick
Touched

closer

Post by chadwick » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:50 pm

a nice retrospective to sarah's career. being a fan, i bought the 2-disc version. i was curious to why sarah chose "mercy" unless she has an attachment to the song... or perhaps she wanted to give the forgotten song new life.

i didn't understand the bonus tracks... thought they could have been better over the chosen radio mixes that sounded like the original mix already on the discs... it seemed a waste of space... i would rather have some live/studio acoustic versions.

i liked the 2 new songs... i followed the audio and video during the promo tour... kinda bummed that she played the staples (you know what they are). it would have been nice if she threw in a song from "touch" or "solace." i still don't understand why she refuses to play her earlier material (despite her comments about the lyrics). with sarah putting out records every 6-7 years can't really afford to keep playing the same set of songs when she resurfaces... i'm sticking around but i wonder how many fans she lost. perhaps the new tour will bring back some old gems but the further we get away from those records, our chances become slimmer... because now she will have laws of illusion + afterglow + surfacing. she'll soon leave off "fumbling" in the set lists.
fumbling...

lost_in_space82

Re: closer

Post by lost_in_space82 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:10 pm

chadwick wrote: i was curious to why sarah chose "mercy" unless she has an attachment to the song... or perhaps she wanted to give the forgotten song new life.
I was so happy she included Mercy. I love that song and I figured she added that song because maybe she could relate to it after she split up with Ash.

I agree with you about the bonus tracks. I wish they added some rare material but overall I think Closer is a good tribute to her career.