afterglow

Islandflyer
Drifting

Re: afterglow

Post by Islandflyer » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:59 am

Quincy wrote:I bought myself a second hand copy of the 1992 "Live" EP a couple of weeks ago, without paying silly money,and I must admit I've really enjoyed listening to it. Somebody wrote a review that this wasn't as good as SMcL in the studio but I have to disagree, it is really good. I've played it in the car whilst belting up and down the motorways, and yes it doesn't sound as dynamic as it does when played at home, so it's home playing only. I normally like "Ben's song" but this version sounded just a little too slow and lethargic, but apart from that it's 10/10.
I also got a copy of "Afterglow" with the additional 4 live tracks, and yet again it's brilliant. I love "Dirty little secret" and this AOL variant is excellent. I know I downloaded the same copy from the Solaced site a few years ago but this sound improves it no end. Afterglow was the first CD I bought of Sarah's back in 2004, and DLS was the track that finally pulled me in.
Are there any other "Bonus CD" variants of Sarah's albums out there that may be worth searcing for??

Q
I got my Live EP CD finally, and I'm pleased with it. I thought I had heard all the tracks before, but I hadn't. The performance of Backdoor Man was new to me, and also Lost. These two, long forgotten by most people, are two of my favorites from Solace. This is a wonderful album, and I understand why it was a collector item before there was eBay and other sources to find it on. Funny that you should mention Dirty Little Secret, Quincy. That was one of the first ones that hooked me, too, when I got the the Afterglow Live DVD several years ago. The clincher for me, however, was "Time". What is the name of that CD with the bonus tracks? Or product number? Look on Discogs.com for some of the more obscure bootlegs, if you're interested in them. For me, listening to her albums (particularly the live ones) is best with headphones, as I do at work. But she plays well in the car, too, whether from the CD or an MP3 player. It's nice that the rental cars all have jacks for them now, too! I have my whole collection on my player to take on trips now. :) Happy New Year!
Ed

Quincy
Fallen

Post by Quincy » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:25 pm

Karine wrote:
Quincy wrote:I bought myself a second hand copy of the 1992 "Live" EP a couple of weeks ago, without paying silly money,and I must admit I've really enjoyed listening to it. Somebody wrote a review that this wasn't as good as SMcL in the studio but I have to disagree, it is really good. I've played it in the car whilst belting up and down the motorways, and yes it doesn't sound as dynamic as it does when played at home, so it's home playing only. I normally like "Ben's song" but this version sounded just a little too slow and lethargic, but apart from that it's 10/10.
I also got a copy of "Afterglow" with the additional 4 live tracks, and yet again it's brilliant. I love "Dirty little secret" and this AOL variant is excellent. I know I downloaded the same copy from the Solaced site a few years ago but this sound improves it no end. Afterglow was the first CD I bought of Sarah's back in 2004, and DLS was the track that finally pulled me in.
Are there any other "Bonus CD" variants of Sarah's albums out there that may be worth searcing for??

Q
I didn't know that there was a version of Afterglow with extra tracks! :shock:
Check this out:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listin ... =afterglow

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:15 pm

Quincy wrote:
Karine wrote:I didn't know that there was a version of Afterglow with extra tracks! :shock:
Check this out:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listin ... =afterglow
Thank you!
Karine