Surfacing

Islandflyer
Drifting

Re: Surfacing

Post by Islandflyer » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:05 am

Miguel wrote:I believe the Japanese releases of Surfacing have a separate booklet containing the lyrics. But it's not the same as having the official lyric promo book, that Karine mentioned.

It's on ebay for $10. It should be an easy snag, not bad

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-1997-SARAH ... 258b3ed00d

I got mine a few years ago. Nice to have.. it has some Surfacing tour and behind the scenes pics :)
Thanks, Miguel. I'll try that. I'm watching for a Medusa T-shirt too.
Ed

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:52 am

Karine, I ran across this nice remix of Sweet Surrender on Earthly Heavens channel, which I hadn't heard before. Do you like this one? It says it was a promo CD, so I guess it was for airplay only.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq84HGh ... 1T3q2uo2Xg

I see that Earthly Heavens has some cool pictures on several of the songs on his playlist that I haven't seen either. Perhaps Ellen has them, too.
Ed

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:55 pm

Islandflyer wrote:Karine, I ran across this nice remix of Sweet Surrender on Earthly Heavens channel, which I hadn't heard before. Do you like this one? It says it was a promo CD, so I guess it was for airplay only.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq84HGh ... 1T3q2uo2Xg

I see that Earthly Heavens has some cool pictures on several of the songs on his playlist that I haven't seen either. Perhaps Ellen has them, too.
Ah yes, the Boilerhouse remix, I like it a lot! :)
Do you want it Ed? I can send it to you.
Karine

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:23 am

Ah yes, the Boilerhouse remix, I like it a lot! :)
Do you want it Ed? I can send it to you.[/quote]

Please do, Karine. Thank you. :D
Ed

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:08 pm

Islandflyer wrote:
Islandflyer wrote:Ah yes, the Boilerhouse remix, I like it a lot! :)
Do you want it Ed? I can send it to you.

Please do, Karine. Thank you. :D
Sent! :)
Karine

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:56 am

Thank you so much, Karine. :) I was wondering, which version of "Full of Grace" do you prefer? The album one, or the earlier "Fall From Grace"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_IjUn2zw0c

I really have come to love this version, and the lyrics, although only changed slightly, have a poignancy that fits. It shows her creativity to make both versions create and sustain the spirit of the song, though in slightly different ways.

Of course, the passion of her singing has something to do with that, too. :D
Ed

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:41 pm

Islandflyer wrote:Thank you so much, Karine. :) I was wondering, which version of "Full of Grace" do you prefer? The album one, or the earlier "Fall From Grace"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_IjUn2zw0c

I really have come to love this version, and the lyrics, although only changed slightly, have a poignancy that fits. It shows her creativity to make both versions create and sustain the spirit of the song, though in slightly different ways.

Of course, the passion of her singing has something to do with that, too. :D
I prefer the album version; I find her interpretation more intense (at 2:15 and 2:30) and I like the vocal effects in it.
Karine

Quincy
Fallen

Post by Quincy » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:38 pm

I think the original is a little better since for me it has a little more intensity. However when I came to play it on the IPod it's not there and the original copy is missing on my PC.. I'm going to have to search for it!! I didn't know there was a "Under the blackened sky" CD, What else is on it??

Quincy
Fallen

Post by Quincy » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:18 pm

Finally.....Happy Birthday to "The Waiting", it has it's first airing 25 years ago last Saturday.
Still one of my favourites!!

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:30 am

Quincy wrote:Finally.....Happy Birthday to "The Waiting", it has it's first airing 25 years ago last Saturday.
Still one of my favourites!!
This is the bootleg that caused me to fall irretrievably under her spell, Quincy! I got it from Ellen, of course, and it is just fabulous. Here are pictures of the front & back of this bootleg CD, which I later found on Discogs.com

I really love how she sang Backdoor Man, Fall from Grace and Mary on this one, as well as everything else. She told some really funny stories, too. :)

And of course there are those trademark "Pepsi Can" pants Karine is so fond of. :lol:

The Waiting is great, too. Too bad she never put those songs on an album. Happy Holidays!
Ed