FTE Live video

Miguel

FTE Live video

Post by Miguel » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:05 pm

So who loves the FTE Live video as much as I do! :D I personally think this is one of the best DVD/video offerings from Sarah's catalog, specifically the one that was included in the Legacy Edition of FTE since it includes the 4 music videos and the original EPK for the album.

The performance took place after the release of Fumbling and Sarah worked her ass off for a year an half to become the 'almost'-international star that she is today.. audience ranged from 1000-1500 before she started doing amphitheaters and arenas.

The intro is memorable: Sarah playing the intro to Plenty on acoustic guitar, curtains open up to reveal the band as she finishes the first verse and off to a rocky start. :)

My favorite performances from the show: Hold On and Home, especially Home, the ending takes you in for a ride. It's too bad she retired this song after this tour. Would love to hear this one again.

For those who haven't seen it, it contains a selection of songs from the usual FTE 1994 setlist, and in between interview bits and live in-studio sessions. Definitely a treat and worth to get.

Here are some clips that have been uploaded on YT
Possession
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCuDGitjQgU

Wait
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF0p7jLRMAw
My Jon McLaughlin fansite
Member of the Hacking Team

Crazylitstudent
Drifting

Re: FTE Live video

Post by Crazylitstudent » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:50 pm

Well I for one believe that its the best concert recording that Sarah has put out. I love the little interveiw segments (the pigtail look for Sarah is so dreamy..) and the two studio performances plus it has awesome versions of Poessession and Hold On, I really do think they are better than the versions from the later concert videos. Plus I kind of think the smaller venue setting stuits Sarah better, it feels more intimante and special.

The only problem at the moment is that I have mislaid my copy of the DVD somewhere in the house and can't find it...

Empirejim
Drifting

Post by Empirejim » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:23 pm

Long live that FTE video and all that period in her life. A masterpiece.

RiverOfLove
Fallen

Post by RiverOfLove » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:04 pm

I love the FTE video. So wonderful!

Times seen Sarah Live:
November 10th, 2010, Taft Theater, Cincinnati OH
July 11th, 2014, PNC Pavillion, Cincinnati OH

"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant." - Robert Louis Stevenson