Under a blackened sky cd

Quincy
Fallen

Under a blackened sky cd

Post by Quincy » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:18 am

Hi everybody,
I found a copy of “under a blackened sky” in a charity shop last week, a bargain I thought for £1. Trouble is, it simply won’t play. It tells me the correct number of tracks, but won’t play any of them!
Bugger!

Q

Grazza215

Re: Under a blackened sky cd

Post by Grazza215 » Fri May 15, 2020 1:18 pm

How annoying is that!

Have you tried different types of CD players (if you have more than one these days?

:)

G

Quincy
Fallen

Post by Quincy » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:42 pm

Hi Grazza,

Sorry for the late reply.

Hope you’re well?

I’ve tried it in several different players of different ages but with no luck. Some won’t even recognise the media, let alone make an attempt.
One trick that I’ve tried on a few occasions is to mark the outer rim of the cd with a green permanent marker pen. It confuses the hell out of the player but it tricks/coaxes the laser Into acknowledging the disc. I can’t remember the technicalities of why, I just know it’s sometimes works. Again, most of the discs have held general data, rather than Specifically music date. Whether that’s relevant or not I don’t know.
After all this it looks like there’s a download on the board anyway, might ask Ellie for a copy!

Quincy

Grazza215

Post by Grazza215 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:49 pm

Hi Quincy,

Did you manage to get this sorted / downloaded okay?

Graham.
Quincy wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:42 pm
Hi Grazza,

Sorry for the late reply.

Hope you’re well?

I’ve tried it in several different players of different ages but with no luck. Some won’t even recognise the media, let alone make an attempt.
One trick that I’ve tried on a few occasions is to mark the outer rim of the cd with a green permanent marker pen. It confuses the hell out of the player but it tricks/coaxes the laser Into acknowledging the disc. I can’t remember the technicalities of why, I just know it’s sometimes works. Again, most of the discs have held general data, rather than Specifically music date. Whether that’s relevant or not I don’t know.
After all this it looks like there’s a download on the board anyway, might ask Ellie for a copy!

Quincy