New Album Articles

Kaleysuncle
Drifting

Re: New Album Articles

Post by Kaleysuncle » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:19 pm

Backstreet Boys! Ha! Love it. :P

I also love what she says about sexual orientation and labels. 8-)

In a timeless search for a love that might work... - Stevie Nicks

Jessel
Fumbling

Post by Jessel » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:26 am

Miguel wrote:
That was a little bit disheartening — even though I'm a closet Backstreet Boys fan (laughs)...
:lol:
I'm as guilty as Sarah... I DID listen to Take That when I was a tad too young for serious artists. :? :oops:
Miguel wrote:
When I told it to my producer, he was like, "Did you say 'loss' or 'laws' of illusion?" And I was like, "Oh, I like that!"
When you think about it, "The Loss of Illusions" is not a bad title at all. It's more fitting to be honest. ;)
One little leaf adrift in the breeze, refuses to fall from the sky
Blown by the wind it clings to the tree, unwilling to wither and die...

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Thu May 27, 2010 11:39 am

Hey, cross your fingers and wish me luck with this...
I "work" for a French website, CTN-Music.Com (the link is with my signature). At the beginning of May, I sent a written interview for Sarah but I had no answer from Nettwerk. One of the girls at the website was able to talk with Terry McBride and she sent me the email address of the person in charge of the interviews requests. I sent my questions again a few minutes ago...
I hope it'll work this time! If it does, I'll share the link to the interview with you!! :D
Karine

jessiemonkey
Fumbling

Post by jessiemonkey » Thu May 27, 2010 2:11 pm

thats awesome karen! hopefully they can get the questions answered that would be great!

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Thu May 27, 2010 3:39 pm

jessiemonkey wrote:thats awesome karen!
I'm Karine...
A woman I know always calls me "Corine"... I'm like: no, Karine! :lol:
Karine

Jessel
Fumbling

Post by Jessel » Fri May 28, 2010 7:13 am

Good luck! :D
One little leaf adrift in the breeze, refuses to fall from the sky
Blown by the wind it clings to the tree, unwilling to wither and die...

Danyy
Full Of Grace

Post by Danyy » Fri May 28, 2010 1:28 pm

I really hope it works Karine, good luck ;)
Carla

Signature and avatar by Ellen

jessiemonkey
Fumbling

Post by jessiemonkey » Fri May 28, 2010 11:15 pm

Karine wrote:
jessiemonkey wrote:thats awesome karen!
I'm Karine...
A woman I know always calls me "Corine"... I'm like: no, Karine! :lol:

ahh! i feel like a moron! i must not have been thinking right. i hate that myself, i get alot of jesse, jessy or jessica. when my actual birth name is jessie. lol sorry karine! :oops:

lonliness

Post by lonliness » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:32 am

Here is an absolute amazing and rave review for Laws of Illusion, from Front Stage.

Please go to the site and post a postive comment on the review, we need to support Sarah on this great album.

http://front-stage.blogspot.com/2010/06 ... music.html

Sarah McLachlan: Laws of Illusion Music Review

Sarah McLachlan has released her latest album “Laws of Illusion”, which is an interesting, intriguing, and intimate album. Starting with the theme of the album “Laws of Illusion” it is a clear indication of the albums mood and theme.

The albums theme is love, lost, forgiveness, healing, and learning to love again.

Laws of Illusion has a great marketing style, which truly reflects the album, its intimate songs and mood. The album art of Sarah sitting on a quarter moon in the sky with stars all around is a wonderful picture.

One look at the picture, and you would first think it is a children’s album, or fairy tale, but in fact it is a fairy tale album, but for adults.

This is one of Sarah McLachlan’s most personal albums to date, that shines on her raw emotions of love, happiness, and reality of life. This album is a “women in music” kind of album, which describes a woman’s feelings.

Songs on the album like Awakenings, Illusions Of Bliss, and Rivers Of Love give the listener the emotions, beauty of the melodies, and the hope of love to come. Sarah does a great job at crafting her songs and melodies, and along with her unique and recognizable voice, which undeniably make them Sarah McLachlan songs.

All the songs on the album are pretty much like a theme album, and a real life fairy tale.

Amazingly “Laws Of Illusion” is an album that kind of goes back to her roots in music, at the same time is very consistent with her singing and melody, but also moves forward, as she has matured in her lyrics.

Sarah McLachlan sings songs about what we all go through, love, love lost, the pain and agony, as well as moving forward and hoping for a new love and life.

Laws of Illusion contain 12 songs, which are remarkably great songs.

Track Listing of Laws of Illusion:

Awakenings
Illusions Of Bliss
Loving You Is Easy
Changes
Forgiveness
Rivers Of Love
Love Come
Out Of Tune
Heartbreak
Don’t Give Up On Us
U Want Me 2
Bring On The Wonder

Sarah McLachlan is one of Canada’s most underrated Divas, and is often over looked since everyone is fixed on Celine Dion, (which in respect to her is fine) but Sarah is the real diva here.

Laws Of Illusion is a great album, and is sure to please all of Sarah’s fans. With Lilith Fair around the corner, the songs on her album will reflect women in music on the upcoming tour.

With over 40 million albums sold worldwide, countless charities she promotes, and Lilith Fair, there is only one thing you can say about Sarah McLachlan, Brava to a Diva.

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:26 pm

A new article, June 29, Los Angeles Times

McLachlan values the flexibility Lilith offers — if her dad's health declines, she could take a few dates off and other acts on the tour could take the final slot. But she's also eager to stress Lilith's ideal of female-centered community — not the end of men, but maybe a break from them. Equally important to her is the roving community Lilith creates. It's a realization of an approach to life that puts connections with other women, and the feeling of family, at the fore.
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/ne ... full.story
Karine