Re-Arrange LOI Tracks

Miguel

Re-Arrange LOI Tracks

Post by Miguel » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:09 am

I noticed people mentioned how some songs didn't flow too well one after another in the album opinions thread, especially Awakenings > Illusions of Bliss for some of you.. so I thought about making a "re-arrange the tracks" thread. How would you have arranged the albums tracks if you could?

If I would have given the option to arrange the tracklist, it would look like this:

Illusions of Bliss
Changes
Loving You Is Easy
Forgiveness
Rivers of Love
Heartbreak
Awakenings
Love Come
Out of Tune
DGUOU
UWM2
Bring on the Wonder

What do you guys think? :) My intention was to put the upbeat songs first, slowly going into the ballads and epic ones towards the middle and end
My Jon McLaughlin fansite
Member of the Hacking Team

Kaleysuncle
Drifting

Re: Re-Arrange LOI Tracks

Post by Kaleysuncle » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:17 am

^ I like!

Here's my ideal version:

1. Loving You is Easy
2. Illusions of Bliss
3. Out of Tune
4. U Want Me 2
5. Love Come
6. Changes
7. Don't Give Up On Us
8. Rivers of Love
9. Forgiveness
10. Heartbreak
11. Bring on the Wonder
12. Awakenings

:)

Edit: I was discussing the means behind my playlist to Miguel and he told me I should post this. I wanted to create a story throughout the songs. First, I started with Loving You is Easy since it's simply about having love and happiness and gettin' some (from Sarah, not me :P ). Sarah senses something isn't right in the relationship with Illusions of Bliss and Out of Tune. U Want Me 2 makes it perfectly clear something is not right. She yearns for hope in Love Come that all their problems will be erased. Things get worse with Changes, but the song makes it clear that they still love each other without actually being an item. Don't Give Up On Us is like a final plea with Sarah reaching out in hopes of everything working out. Rivers of Love is a song for herself. Moving on, Forgiveness is like a bitchy afterthought, a little "ha ha you can't have me now!". Heartbreak explains how she is moving on and nothing is going to get her down, not even Heartbreak. Bring on the Wonder and Awakenings both deal with depression and anger. She failed to move on and regrets mourning over the whole relationship. She vows to never lose herself again.

In a timeless search for a love that might work... - Stevie Nicks

Miguel

Post by Miguel » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:52 am

I like the story of your list :D you did a great job and were attentive with finding a flow using the song meanings 8-)
My Jon McLaughlin fansite
Member of the Hacking Team

Kaleysuncle
Drifting

Post by Kaleysuncle » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:59 am

Miguel wrote:I like the story of your list :D you did a great job and were attentive with finding a flow using the song meanings 8-)
Thanks, I'm really proud of myself. I made a playlist in iTunes and just worked the songs around. It flows beautifully! :)

OzFumbler

Post by OzFumbler » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:09 am

I used to skip Changes quite a bit but now I really, really love the song - lyrically this piece is outstanding,
- Sarah's always had great lyrics but this song? damn. I was really blown away by it - plus she's re-introduced
that tasty saw instrument that appeared on Surfacing's Last Dance which is a really nice touch to the song.

biancadantas
Lost

Post by biancadantas » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:44 am

Kaleysuncle wrote:^ I like!

Here's my ideal version:

1. Loving You is Easy
2. Illusions of Bliss
3. Out of Tune
4. U Want Me 2
5. Love Come
6. Changes
7. Don't Give Up On Us
8. Rivers of Love
9. Forgiveness
10. Heartbreak
11. Bring on the Wonder
12. Awakenings

Edit: I was discussing the means behind my playlist to Miguel and he told me I should post this. I wanted to create a story throughout the songs. First, I started with Loving You is Easy since it's simply about having love and happiness and gettin' some (from Sarah, not me :P ). Sarah senses something isn't right in the relationship with Illusions of Bliss and Out of Tune. U Want Me 2 makes it perfectly clear something is not right. She yearns for hope in Love Come that all their problems will be erased. Things get worse with Changes, but the song makes it clear that they still love each other without actually being an item. Don't Give Up On Us is like a final plea with Sarah reaching out in hopes of everything working out. Rivers of Love is a song for herself. Moving on, Forgiveness is like a bitchy afterthought, a little "ha ha you can't have me now!". Heartbreak explains how she is moving on and nothing is going to get her down, not even Heartbreak. Bring on the Wonder and Awakenings both deal with depression and anger. She failed to move on and regrets mourning over the whole relationship. She vows to never lose herself again.
Your story is so creative! It's really telling something about relationships!!!! Congrats!
'Cause I can't be the one you wanted me to be....'
Signature by Ellen

biancadantas
Lost

Post by biancadantas » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:50 am

My order is this one (although I liked the album ordering):
1 - Awakenings
2 - Forgiveness
3 - Changes
4 - Illusions Of Bliss
5 - Love Come
6 - Out Of Tune
7 - U Want Me 2
8 - Loving You Is Easy
9 - Heartbreak
10 - Don't Give Up On Us
11 - Rivers Of Love
12 - Bring On The Wonder

I have no idea where that order come from, it jut felt right...lol.
Signature by Ellen

Kaleysuncle
Drifting

Post by Kaleysuncle » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:07 am

biancadantas wrote:
Kaleysuncle wrote:^ I like!

Here's my ideal version:

1. Loving You is Easy
2. Illusions of Bliss
3. Out of Tune
4. U Want Me 2
5. Love Come
6. Changes
7. Don't Give Up On Us
8. Rivers of Love
9. Forgiveness
10. Heartbreak
11. Bring on the Wonder
12. Awakenings

Your story is so creative! It's really telling something about relationships!!!! Congrats!
Thanks Bianca! :) Yeah, it seems I know quite a bit about relationships, yet, I can't get someone. :lol:

Danyy
Full Of Grace

Post by Danyy » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:35 pm

Kaleysuncle wrote:
Thanks Bianca! :) Yeah, it seems I know quite a bit about relationships, yet, I can't get someone. :lol:
Don't worry, you will eventually ;)
And I agree, your story is really creative :D
Carla

Signature and avatar by Ellen

biancadantas
Lost

Post by biancadantas » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:04 am

Kaleysuncle wrote:
biancadantas wrote:
:lol: I can't too, so it makes us two! Relationships are too complicated.... :lol:
Signature by Ellen