LOI Chart History

Miguel

Re: LOI Chart History

Post by Miguel » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:28 am

Dutch charts shows LOI peaked at #6 in the Greek charts :)

Looks like LOI dropped out of the Top 100 in the UK :(
My Jon McLaughlin fansite
Member of the Hacking Team

Sweetfear
Building A Mystery

Post by Sweetfear » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:21 pm

I am from Greece and i m quite surprised to hear such thing...I havent even heard about Sarah here. Maybe its a "sub-cult" thing haha :p
Tangled up in our embrace
There's nothing I'd like better than to fall

Crazylitstudent
Drifting

Post by Crazylitstudent » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:20 am

Miguel wrote:Looks like LOI dropped out of the Top 100 in the UK :(
Yeah sad isn't it? If Sony UK promoted Sarah better in the UK then she would be in the top ten right now!!

TheSquirrel
Full Of Grace

Post by TheSquirrel » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:06 am

It took me ages to come to terms with the fact that Silly Dreamer/Ben/Crazylitstudent was actually British. Couldn't believe there was another Mclachlan hardcore fan over here. If you're a fan the one thing anyone will say when you mention Sarah Mclachlan's name is "who?" If you like her over here it's like being in a total vacuum. May as well be a Kajagoogoo or Rubettes fan. Yet from what I can remember all her concerts last time either sold out or were virtual sell outs. All those fans came crawling out from somewhere. I had no idea there were that many. Then they were gone, and so was she. Last gig at the Hammersmith Apollo was very sad as I knew I would probably never see her over here again. Things have changed in six years. I know the rumours are there of possibly playing the UK, but this album doesn't seem to have done too well and there's a recession on. I hate false hope, and wonder what would be the financial benefits of playing the UK. Can't honestly think of one. But I still hope.
I'm an opinionated old tosser and proud of it.

Miguel

Post by Miguel » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:36 am

I don't get how it didn't even make it to top 25, or even 50. Hundreds (or thousands?) of fans went to her sell out shows but they didn't buy her album? I know it's been so long since she was last there but I figured they would've 'come out of hiding' to buy it.

Sony even printed promo CDs for LYIE and the whole album to be distributed to radio (a few copies have been seen on Ebay lately)
My Jon McLaughlin fansite
Member of the Hacking Team

TheSquirrel
Full Of Grace

Post by TheSquirrel » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:27 am

Exactly Miguel - thousands. A lot of the fans were young and most of them seemed very keen and knowledgeable. She sold out the Royal Albert Hall so they added the Hammersmith Apollo which holds over 2000, and that was sold out too from what I can remember. Most evenings were sold out. I know some fans were trying to get seats in some places but they were all gone. The venues were small compared to America and Canada, but even so, they usually held over 1000, usually 2000. Are music fans like sheep that have to be told when to go out and buy something by the record companies? These fans must be aware of the new album. At all the shows the merchandise was selling and from what I could hear, these fans were people who had most of the albums.

As a note of interest, I was sitting next to an army guy in Manchester who had got his girlfriend into McLachlan's music. She had been driving 8 hours to get to the concert, and she just made it as the curtain went up. The army guy was telling me how a few fans had turned up outside the venue earlier. They couldn't get in because they didn't have tickets and the show was sold out, but they wanted her autograph. From what I can recall she was on a no meeting the fans no signing autographs policy. But she gave her autograph, and then put them on her guest list so they could see the show. They thoroughly enjoyed the evening, from their cheers, as did everyone else. The Manchester Apollo is a complete dump, but it was a great concert.
I'm an opinionated old tosser and proud of it.

OzFumbler

Post by OzFumbler » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:19 am

I think Sarah is more of a cult artist rather than a straight forward top 40 artist. Note how Loving You
Is Easy isnt exactly burning up the record charts - because her fans buy her albums - plus Sarah's
music isnt exactly the sort of souped up electro pop or doof doof you hear at the clubs and get the lions
share of radio airplay and Saturday morning video hits tv shows. In Australia they only really play top 40
stuff on TV. Occasionally you'll hear Sarah on indie radio stations like JJJ. In JB Hi Fi stores where I live
her music is stocked in both the popular and alternative sections - its almost like she does straddle both
audiences with her music.

lawsofillusion

Post by lawsofillusion » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:26 am

Sarah moves up 11% in U.S album sales in week#4 of L.O.I. She is closing in on sales of 200,000 so she will likely be at least certified GOLD, if she can sell past 500,000 then a platinum status should be happen eventually. With no current top 20 radio hit on any chart I would say this is pretty good. Again impossible to compare sales with SURFACING or even AFTERGLOW when all artists were selling a lot more.

OzFumbler

Post by OzFumbler » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:45 am

Not bad for an album thats been out less than a month!