LOI Chart History

ecstasythrumusic
Building A Mystery

LOI Chart History

Post by ecstasythrumusic » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:35 am

Since the album is out I thought this was a good place to discuss anything related to record sales and chart positions of the singles that will be released. I read that the album is expected to sell between 75-85k. This information is on the site Hits Daily Double, they usually are right and is close to Billboard's final numbers. The album by Drake will move more than 400k and Tom Petty is set to sell about 100k. Afterglow was number 2 when it came out. Does anybody remember what Afterglow sold in its first week of release?Is this number a disappointment? Below are some chart numbers from Billboard.

Adult Pop Songs
Debut No. 38 "Loving You Is Easy"

Adult Contemporary
16 Loving You Is Easy"

#93 Canadian Hot 100
To fall so deep into you
Lose myself completely
In your sweet embrace
All my pains erased

And your mouth is all that I wish
Mercy of your lips
Just one kiss
Until I can breathe again
Until I can sing again

‘Cause I'm a trainwreck
Waiting to happen
Waiting for someone to come
Pick me up off the tracks
The wildfire born of frustration
Born of the one love that gets me so high
I've no fear at all

Miguel

Re: LOI Chart History

Post by Miguel » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:52 am

I know it's a prediction, but 85k expected?? That is a huge disappointment. I mean, I know Sarah may not care about album sales much, but it's a low number. Nowadays you need close to 300k to have your album #1, so I think she might make it in the top 20, but not sure about top 10... we'll see

Edit:

Here it shows Afterglow sold 362k, first week
http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/sa ... cgi?061510
My Jon McLaughlin fansite
Member of the Hacking Team

lawsofillusion

Post by lawsofillusion » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:01 pm

85,000 units sold would actually be good for a potential top 5 next week. Definitely will be top 10. Record sales have dramatically decreased in the 7 years since Afterglow was released! Also Afterglow was released close to the largest sales months of the year around the thanksgiving/christmas holiday season in 2003. Just take a look Jewel's debut week sales of her new album it only sold more then 31,000 units but that was good enough for position 10. http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/salescht.cgi We cannot compare sales from the past to today because the Cd industry is in dire jeopardy. Eventually Cd's will NOT be produced anymore and EVERYTHING will be digital files/media. There is no doubt this will happen. Now i was hoping for at least 100,000 units sold by the lack of Sarah being played on U.S radio with her first single is the issue. Loving you is easy is no where to be found on TOP 40, it's barely making an impact on HOT AC charts where in the past her single's would always go to top #5. Even Triple A radio is she actually charting close to #5, but these stations represent a VERY small market and basically not a very relevant radio chart in judging the success of a song. If this album can go platinum then I think it would be a moderate success given the current state of CD music sales.

Mooncrown

Post by Mooncrown » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:12 pm

I used to really follow the charts and I still think it's fun, but hardly anything I listen to now really makes a big impact on the charts. It's really kind of sad that the physical album will eventually be a dinosaur. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for technology and that you can download any song at any time in a matter of seconds, but there is still something cool to me about having the physical copy. Call me old-fashioned!!

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:06 pm

Mooncrown wrote: I'm all for technology and that you can download any song at any time in a matter of seconds, but there is still something cool to me about having the physical copy. Call me old-fashioned!!
I like having physical copy too: there's a real booklet, with something I can hold in my hand and show to my friends: look, it's Sarah McLachlan new cd! :)
Karine

Mooncrown

Post by Mooncrown » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:23 pm

Karine wrote:
Mooncrown wrote: I'm all for technology and that you can download any song at any time in a matter of seconds, but there is still something cool to me about having the physical copy. Call me old-fashioned!!
I like having physical copy too: there's a real booklet, with something I can hold in my hand and show to my friends: look, it's Sarah McLachlan new cd! :)
Exactly Karine!!

Miguel

Post by Miguel » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:18 am

LOI was released in the Netherlands and Australia last Friday (June 11)

Album entered at 73 in the Netherlands
http://www.dutchcharts.nl/showitem.asp? ... sion&cat=a

Results for Aussie will be in by Monday
My Jon McLaughlin fansite
Member of the Hacking Team

OzFumbler

Post by OzFumbler » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:17 am

Mooncrown wrote:
Karine wrote:
Exactly Karine!!

Im with you there guys! I have to have the CD physically in my collection - cos Im a music geek and I like
to know who played on the album, where it was recorded etc etc - by the way someone at Arista or Nettwerk
art department really dropped the ball on this CD - the lyrics to "Heartbreak" are all messed up!! its like someone
was roughly listening to the track and copying the lyrics out cos half of them are either missing or not correct! lol

Jessel
Fumbling

Post by Jessel » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:33 am

^ Haha... I remember the time when I used to think like this, way before I started using the internet. Browsing through the booklet and just staring at the pictures while lying flat on my back and listening to the CD on a discman gives me some kind of gratification. But nowadays I'm content with mp3s. :)
One little leaf adrift in the breeze, refuses to fall from the sky
Blown by the wind it clings to the tree, unwilling to wither and die...

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:49 am

iTunes Store Top 10 Albums (June 21):

Canada #1 (deluxe)
US #3 (deluxe) and #4 (regular)
Australia #10 (deluxe)
New Zealand #3 (deluxe)

http://www.apple.com/euro/itunes/charts ... lbums.html
Karine