Facebook Listening Party - June 7

Karine
A change is coming

Re: Facebook Listening Party - June 7

Post by Karine » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:48 am

I'm listening to the album now! I'm so happy to hear something new from Sarah! I can't wait for next week! :D

- Awakenings: I love it! The beginning is great, I can easily imagine a live performance with this song!
- Changes: similar to "Drifting" for me, but with a sweet "Last Dance" feeling (because they used the sound of saw).
- Rivers of Love: cool background vocals, nice guitar playing; I really like this song.

I'm not sure if I like Love Come... I don't know why, but there's this repeated sound (electric guitar?) that I find a little bit annoying.

(I don't know if it was the same for you, but the last tracks are not complete on the music player of Facebook.)

I think this album is really different from Afterglow. Sarah's voice is clear (maybe less mixing effects?) and there's much more beat in the songs. I'm happy to hear something like this, really happy. I already know that I'll probably listen to it more than Afterglow.
Karine

biancadantas
Lost

Post by biancadantas » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:51 pm

The album is really good!!!! I loved it! I'm only sad I couldn't hear the complete songs because they showed cut from 4th to the last song.
'Cause I can't be the one you wanted me to be....'
Signature by Ellen

Ellie
Root Admin

Post by Ellie » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:02 pm

I really LOVE the songs :D Awakenings sounds really good!!! I'm having problems sometimes playing them though, they stop all of a sudden and it says "not available in your area"... Anyone else having these problems or is it just me lol.
Ellen
Sarah McLachlan Online - Solaced.info | Solace Elsewhere: My Blog
Member of the Hacking Team

~I just wanna watch you sleep as you lie here beside me, so close your eyes I'll guard the door~

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:30 pm

Ellie wrote:I really LOVE the songs :D Awakenings sounds really good!!! I'm having problems sometimes playing them though, they stop all of a sudden and it says "not available in your area"... Anyone else having these problems or is it just me lol.
It's not working for me either! There's an error message.
Karine

Miguel

Post by Miguel » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:38 pm

They fixed the player now it seems, last night the second half of the album skipped for some reason, now they're full songs

Now that I've heard them, the highlights for me were Illusions of Bliss, Awakenings, Heartbreak, Love Come and Rivers of Love
My Jon McLaughlin fansite

Blackangel12868
Building A Mystery

Post by Blackangel12868 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:12 pm

I love this album. Absolutely love it. I think the tops for me are Awakenings, Rivers of Love, Out of Tune, and Bring on the Wonder

Rivers of Love has a jazzy sound to it that i really love.

Did anyone else notice that she used the lyric 'i have hungered for your touch a long and lonely time' from unchained melody in Love Come? I thought that was nice.

Out of Tune is lovely. Really nice harmony and i love when she uses her upper register. Afterglow hardly used any of the high part of her voice and its so pretty!

Bring on the Wonder gives me chills. I'm a sucker for dense harmony.

Kaleysuncle
Drifting

Post by Kaleysuncle » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:27 pm

Karine wrote:
I think this album is really different from Afterglow. Sarah's voice is clear (maybe less mixing effects?) and there's much more beat in the songs. I'm happy to hear something like this, really happy. I already know that I'll probably listen to it more than Afterglow.
Laws of Illusion was recorded live with a band. This has a lot to do with Sarah's voice being so clear and not muffled like her other albums. As for there being more beats in the songs... that has to do with the amazing Matt Chamberlain (Tori Amos' drummer). Sorry Ash, but your drums were bland and boring.

I absolutely adored the album after I first heard it. The more I listened the more I realized that something is seriously lacking for me. Where's the Sarah feel? I LOVE the production and vocals, really.

Songs I love: Awakenings, Illusions of Bliss, Loving You is Easy, Forgiveness, Rivers of Love, Love Come & Out of Tune.

Out of Tune has a cool intro like I Will Not Forget You. I also noticed Love Come contains a lyric from Unchained Melody. :)

In a timeless search for a love that might work... - Stevie Nicks

Miguel

Post by Miguel » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:56 pm

One thing I noticed about the credits in the digital booklet is that this is the first time Luke Doucet has played on a Sarah album, and almost entirely. Bill Dillon came back to play guitar and everyone else is pretty much new. I suppose Brian Minato (long time bassist) will not be around to play with Sarah live? (or he was just too busy at the time)
My Jon McLaughlin fansite

jessiemonkey
Fumbling

Post by jessiemonkey » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:03 pm

im having a listen now, my first time today :)

heres my insight on it: (ill prolly have to listen more until they full grow on me)
awakenings- love the beginning, sounds intense! overall i really like this one!!
illusions of bliss-in my opinion its okay..
loving you is easy--i already loved this song
changes- i like it so far. it might have to grow on me a little more.
forgiveness- i absolutely love it!
rivers of love- i really like this one alot!!
love come- kind of reminded me of train wreck at first.. other than that ill prolly have to listen more.
out of tune----loving the ending alot from like 3:00 and on the most. but the whole song is good :)
heartbreak- an interesting sound. i really like it though.
dont give up on us i still like this song
U Want Me 2 ehhh its okay but i am kind of sick of it lol
bring on the wonder--i like it :)

i think its pretty good cd!!! i need to listen to it more!! :)

Crazylitstudent
Drifting

Post by Crazylitstudent » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:35 am

I have to wait till next week because I'm the only person on the planet who dosn't use Facebook! :mrgreen: (Yeah I'm proud of that fact!!)