Album Samples

Ellie
Root Admin

Re: Album Samples

Post by Ellie » Sun May 23, 2010 5:18 pm

I love them! It's hard to pick a fave since it's just a sample, but from what I heard I really love Rivers of Love. Besides that they all sound good.. :D Can NOT wait!
Ellen
Sarah McLachlan Online - Solaced.info | Solace Elsewhere: My Blog
Member of the Hacking Team

~I just wanna watch you sleep as you lie here beside me, so close your eyes I'll guard the door~

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sun May 23, 2010 7:51 pm

This small clip of Bring On The Wonder seems similar to Mercy (in my opinion).
Karine

Miguel

Post by Miguel » Sun May 23, 2010 8:24 pm

I think Illusions of Bliss, Awakenings, Out of Tune and Love Come are worthy of being released as singles

Mallory, it's still being released on the 15th. I've seen Amazon put a release date ahead of the actual one for other albums before, not sure why they do that
My Jon McLaughlin fansite

taslokolobo

Post by taslokolobo » Sun May 23, 2010 10:00 pm

I counldt help listening to the samples and all i can say is that all the songs sound perfectly! especially Changes and Forgiveness!!!I hope some songs from this album become memorable as "fallen" "world on fire" and "time" did for "Afterglow". My top 5 so far : 5.Heartbreak 4.Loving you is easy 3.Awakenings 2.Forgiveness 1.Changes

Sweetfear
Building A Mystery

Post by Sweetfear » Sun May 23, 2010 10:17 pm

I m so relieved the album will turn out to be like that. I ve listened to the samples a couple of times. It's funny because the music is somewhat country-ish..and her voice jazz-ish haha :)
Some of the songs have the same feeling as "Afterglow" , most notably changes has at some point feels like Train Wreck with a cello thing or guitar? happening there. I hope she will have like violins and cellos in the cd !
It is an interesting album , really different from anything she did so far. Lets just wait :)

btw faves are Awakenings , Love Come the piano version sounds fantastic and Heartbreak because its funky in a really unique way...its catchy - romantic and sounds so damn good...oh what the heck EVERYTHING sounds awesome hahaha...bring on the wonder doesnt really make it for me though hmm
Tangled up in our embrace
There's nothing I'd like better than to fall

Jujube

Post by Jujube » Mon May 24, 2010 6:17 am

I was really excited about these samples! It's hard for me to get a feel of the album with these short samples, but I'm most looking forward Bring on the Wonder, Forgiveness, Out of Tune, and Heartbreak.

Empirejim
Drifting

Post by Empirejim » Mon May 24, 2010 2:21 pm

I too like the samples and have yet to decide which ones I like the most. I'm glad Sarah is back with new material and the buzz has just started. Thanks Miguel for putting it out. Two thumbs up for you for sure. :D

Miguel

Post by Miguel » Mon May 24, 2010 8:53 pm

:)
Just listening to the samples, I like the production very much. They seem to be in the vein of "One Dream" and the original "U Want Me 2" (not the radio mix or the one on Closer). Part of why I dislike Pierre doing both the production and mixing is because the drums could be a little 'louder' on most tracks. The radio mixes end up being better thanks to Tom Lord-Alge.
My Jon McLaughlin fansite