6. Rivers Of Love
7. Love Come
8. Out Of Tune
9. Heartbreak
10. Don't Give Up On Us
11. U Want Me (2?? )
12. Bring On The Wonder.

Bonus «live» in studio

1. Loving You Is Easy (acoustic version in concert)
2. Forgiveness (acoustic version in concert)
3. Rivers Of Love (acoustic version in concert)
4. Love Come (acoustic version in concert)
5. Illusions of Bliss (acoustic version in concert).

With the CD, there will be a DVD with five new tracks played in concert and interviews with Sarah McLachlan. With the digital album, there will only be the five live tracks.

There are 9 news songs (if the #11 is U Want Me 2).

Another French website talked about U Want Me... but I'm pretty sure both websites made the same mistake.
http://7jours.canoe.ca/musique/nouvelle ... 09676.html
Karine

biancadantas
Lost

Re: List of the songs (+ bonus tracks)

Post by biancadantas » Thu May 13, 2010 6:14 pm

That's nice, Karine. I also think it's U Want me 2, maybe they were a littel hungry when they typed the names and ate the '2'.... :lol:
I'm so happy, it's getting closer to the release date, I can't wait for listening to it :).
'Cause I can't be the one you wanted me to be....'
Signature by Ellen

jessiemonkey
Fumbling

Post by jessiemonkey » Thu May 13, 2010 6:31 pm

wow! thats awesome! these 3 titles caught me: awakenings, changes and heartbreak! i cant wait to hear what they sound like and also the rest of the album! im super excited now! not to much longer to wait :D

Miguel

Post by Miguel » Thu May 13, 2010 6:54 pm

Thanks for this Karine!

I'm surprised and not surprised that they decided to add U Want Me 2 and DGUOU. Thanks a lot Squirrely. Maybe if you hadn't mention about the possibilities of Sarah adding them to the new album, this wouldn't have happened! =P

I love the tracklist so far and I'm loving the theme that goes with the album title. It's so much like John Mayer's Battle Studies <3 and she has a song called "Heartbreak" :D Does anyone think "Bring On the Wonder" is a Susan Enan cover or an original of Sarah's?

Barnes & Noble is also releasing an exclusive edition of LOI, so I guess I have to buy 3 copies now. Maybe 4, iTunes might release an exclusive of their own
http://music.barnesandnoble.com/Laws-of ... 6977262920
Laws of Illusion [B&N Exclusive Version]
1 Awakenings
2 Illusions Of Bliss
3 Loving You Is Easy
4 Changes
5 Forgiveness
6 Rivers Of Love
7 Love Come
8 Out Of Tune
9 Heartbreak
10 Don’t Give Up On Us
11 U Want Me 2
12 Bring On The Wonder
13 Loving You Is Easy (Acoustic)
14 Love Come (Piano Version)
My Jon McLaughlin fansite
Member of the Hacking Team

Mallory

Post by Mallory » Thu May 13, 2010 7:57 pm

Yay! I'm so excited to be getting more information about the album. Thanks, Karine, for finding and sharing this. I do have to say that I'm a bit disappointed that UWM2 and DGUOU are included, but I supposed it's not that big of a deal because there are still plenty of new tracks.

I may be out of the loop on this, but how many different/exclusive versions of the ablum have been announced so far?

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Thu May 13, 2010 9:11 pm

Miguel wrote: Barnes & Noble is also releasing an exclusive edition of LOI
[...]
13 Loving You Is Easy (Acoustic)
14 Love Come (Piano Version)
Do you think there'll be the same as #1 and #4 from the bonus DVD/media files (if you buy the digital album)?
I'll probably get the physical cd with the bonus dvd.
Karine

Miguel

Post by Miguel » Thu May 13, 2010 9:21 pm

It depends, with all the namings it's quite confusing, but they will probably end up being the same.

Mallory, so far 3 editions have been confirmed.

- regular 12 tracks
- B&N exclusive with 2 acoustic versions at the end
- regular CD with DVD (the 5 tracks live acoustic + Making of footage/interview i assume)

BNN listed the regular 12 tracks with Love Come (Piano Version)... I'm guessing it's going to be like Fumbling only with the track not hidden
My Jon McLaughlin fansite
Member of the Hacking Team

Jessel
Fumbling

Post by Jessel » Fri May 14, 2010 3:11 am

Wow! 10 new songs! I can't wait... I was slightly disappointed to see DGUOU & UWM2 there but what the hell. I'm just hoping they're both different versions than the ones in the GH. ;)

I like Awakenings and Illusions of Bliss but other than those two, I'm not that crazy about the new song titles. Some of the them are very un-Sarahish. Love Come and Heartbreak seems like upbeat tunes judging from the titles but that's pure speculation on my part. But I'm 100% sure we're up for some big surpise from the upbeat Sarah. I can't wait for the new album! The bonus material sounds interesting too.

Also, Bring on the Wonder sounds familiar so thanks for clearing that up Miguel, though I do hope this is an original song. Btw, I also can't help but wonder if Changes is a Black Sabbath cover :lol:
Last edited by Jessel on Fri May 14, 2010 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
One little leaf adrift in the breeze, refuses to fall from the sky
Blown by the wind it clings to the tree, unwilling to wither and die...

Jessel
Fumbling

Post by Jessel » Fri May 14, 2010 3:21 am

Karine wrote:With the CD, there will be a DVD with five new tracks played in concert and interviews with Sarah McLachlan.
Sorry about the double post but I need to bump this. I was wondering where she played these five new songs. Afaik, she only played Loving You Is Easy at the Edmonton Folk Festival and the Neil Young concert. I'm wondering if these 5 live acoustic performances are taken from the "Barefoot in the Backyard" private gig? It makes sense to me at least. But if it is, then this new album is definitely worth buying! :D
One little leaf adrift in the breeze, refuses to fall from the sky
Blown by the wind it clings to the tree, unwilling to wither and die...

chadwick
Touched

Post by chadwick » Fri May 14, 2010 4:44 am

jessel, the DVD could be "in-studio" acoustic performances... kinda like what tori did for "midwinter graces" if you followed her promo tour back in december. i'm hoping for "in-studio performances" since the sound will be more clean and crisp... i don't particularly want to hear a rowdy audience.

i'm also taken back that she is re-releasing UWM2 and DGUOU but i guess it does fit with the theme of the record. i was telling miguel that i won't give sarah much grief over the decision :lol: because we're getting 9 new songs, which is what we got for "afterglow" after she released "fallen." i'm really stoked that we're getting so many acoustic recordings, especially this upfront... so we don't necessarily have to surf the boards or the web for bootlegs of her acoustic performances (although that can be fun from time to time).

however, i'm not a big fan of these multiple exclusive editions... i really dislike having to buy multiple copies just for select tracks. so far, i'm going after the barnes and noble edition if it contains both the DVD and the exclusive audio tracks. if iTunes get exclusive tracks, i hope they will allow you to buy them individually.

yay for new sarah! only a month away! :D
fumbling...