Loving you is easy OFFICIAL SINGLE - hear it

Miguel

Re: Loving you is easy OFFICIAL SINGLE - hear it

Post by Miguel » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:54 am

Canadians can now buy the song on iTunes (saw the post on Twitter), though the release date says April 27th. Did anyone buy it already?

http://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/loving ... mpt=uo%3D6
My Jon McLaughlin fansite
Member of the Hacking Team

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:55 am

I'm happy with that song. I needed something that I could sing when I feel in love, a song that could reflect my happiness when I think about my boyfriend and this is perfect. I can put the volume high and "shout it from the rooftops"! :D
I like "Push", but it's not the same, it's a slow song and there's not the same energy in it.
Think about Emiliana Torrini, "Jungle Drum": that's exactly what I wanted and this is what Sarah gave us. :)
Karine

lost_in_space82

Post by lost_in_space82 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:13 pm

TheSquirrel wrote: I don't mind upbeat, but this is just plain dull to my ears.
I was waiting to see what you thought of the song before I listened to it. I can safely say that I completely agree with you. While the song is not as bad as I thought it would be it certainly is going down as one of the worst Sarah songs I have ever heard. I also don't mind upbeat either but this is just pure drivel to me. Maybe I'd like it more if the song was longer - the abrupt ending left me wanting more. I will listen to the song numerous times to (hopefully) let it grow on me but as it stands now I am not impressed. I am happy for those who love the song but it just doesn't do anything for me. :)

Kaleysuncle
Drifting

Post by Kaleysuncle » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:01 pm

This is so much better than that crappy live version we heard last year! I'm so excited! The production on this album is going to be fabulous.

In a timeless search for a love that might work... - Stevie Nicks

TheSquirrel
Full Of Grace

Post by TheSquirrel » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:09 pm

lost_in_space82 wrote:
TheSquirrel wrote: I don't mind upbeat, but this is just plain dull to my ears.
I was waiting to see what you thought of the song before I listened to it. I can safely say that I completely agree with you. While the song is not as bad as I thought it would be it certainly is going down as one of the worst Sarah songs I have ever heard. I also don't mind upbeat either but this is just pure drivel to me. Maybe I'd like it more if the song was longer - the abrupt ending left me wanting more. I will listen to the song numerous times to (hopefully) let it grow on me but as it stands now I am not impressed. I am happy for those who love the song but it just doesn't do anything for me. :)
Wow - I'm stunned anyone agrees with me! I know it's a matter of taste, and it will probably be a hit. The song was going round and round in my head the next day, but it was the first song of hers that I didn't want doing that. I have visions of Sheriff Lost In Space trying to stop the lynching of the poor old Squirrel, but all to no avail.
I'm an opinionated old tosser and proud of it.

Jessel
Fumbling

Post by Jessel » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:55 am

TheSquirrel wrote:The song was going round and round in my head the next day, but it was the first song of hers that I didn't want doing that.
True, this song isn't a masterpiece. Sarah can do way better than this. In fact, this is the kind of song I'd rather sing in the shower than listen to in one of my deepest reveries. It's just that I'm so tired of the bland, horrid abominable crap being shoved down long-suffering decent music fans' throats on a daily basis, so I'm happy to hear something new from a credible artist like Sarah for a change even though it doesn't hold a candle to gems such as Steaming, Possession or FTE (song).

A lot of Sarah fans (including me) agree with you 100% Squirrel, but I prefer to enjoy what Sarah can still give us rather than deplore the quality of her recent material. For one thing, Sarah is only one of the very few (yeah I can count them using the fingers on my left had) artists alive and still making some music that I seriously listen to. :lol:
One little leaf adrift in the breeze, refuses to fall from the sky
Blown by the wind it clings to the tree, unwilling to wither and die...

jessiemonkey
Fumbling

Post by jessiemonkey » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:30 pm

Karine wrote:I'm happy with that song. I needed something that I could sing when I feel in love, a song that could reflect my happiness when I think about my boyfriend and this is perfect. I can put the volume high and "shout it from the rooftops"! :D
I like "Push", but it's not the same, it's a slow song and there's not the same energy in it.
Think about Emiliana Torrini, "Jungle Drum": that's exactly what I wanted and this is what Sarah gave us. :)

i agree with you completely karine. its a good song to feel in love to, i played this for my boyfriend. i was like "chris this song is dedicated to you! lol" and its good to finally have a song by my favorite artist i can actually feel really happy to. and like you said karine push isnt the same. its not very upbeat

Miguel

Post by Miguel » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:30 pm

Jessel wrote:I prefer to enjoy what Sarah can still give us rather than deplore the quality of her recent material.
Thank you is all I have to say :)
My Jon McLaughlin fansite
Member of the Hacking Team

TheSquirrel
Full Of Grace

Post by TheSquirrel » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:37 pm

Miguel wrote:
Jessel wrote:I prefer to enjoy what Sarah can still give us rather than deplore the quality of her recent material.
Thank you is all I have to say :)
So you hate the new song too. :twisted:
I'm an opinionated old tosser and proud of it.

lost_in_space82

Post by lost_in_space82 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:16 pm

Jessel wrote:
TheSquirrel wrote:The song was going round and round in my head the next day, but it was the first song of hers that I didn't want doing that.
True, this song isn't a masterpiece. Sarah can do way better than this. In fact, this is the kind of song I'd rather sing in the shower than listen to in one of my deepest reveries. It's just that I'm so tired of the bland, horrid abominable crap being shoved down long-suffering decent music fans' throats on a daily basis, so I'm happy to hear something new from a credible artist like Sarah for a change even though it doesn't hold a candle to gems such as Steaming, Possession or FTE (song).

A lot of Sarah fans (including me) agree with you 100% Squirrel, but I prefer to enjoy what Sarah can still give us rather than deplore the quality of her recent material. For one thing, Sarah is only one of the very few (yeah I can count them using the fingers on my left had) artists alive and still making some music that I seriously listen to. :lol:
I hate to admit it but you're right: a bad Sarah McLachlan song is still better than 99.9% of the crap that's charting these days.