Loving you is easy OFFICIAL SINGLE - hear it

Eipeadesse

Re: Loving you is easy OFFICIAL SINGLE - hear it

Post by Eipeadesse » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:46 pm

Wow! WTG Sarah! Had to listen to it a few times before it had the Wow-effect on me, but now it just makes me happy listening to it :D . Oh, I can't wait to hear the rest of the album....
`Take care to get what you like or you will be forced to like what you get`

Crazylitstudent
Drifting

Post by Crazylitstudent » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:13 pm

I like the lyrics but I guess the music will have to grow on me because its not what I expect from Sarah and its a little odd hearing her producing music like this! ;)

I love the cover however! Its beautiful! <3

Ellie
Root Admin

Post by Ellie » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:23 pm

I've been listening to it the whole day at my internship! I LOVE the cover, and I LOVE the song! It's a little different than we're used to, but I still love it.
Ellen
Sarah McLachlan Online - Solaced.info | Solace Elsewhere: My Blog
Member of the Hacking Team

~I just wanna watch you sleep as you lie here beside me, so close your eyes I'll guard the door~

Sweetfear
Building A Mystery

Post by Sweetfear » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:56 pm

I m really glad you all like it. I thought the live version was fantastic , expected something different though dunno. I mean i love Sarah have been listening to her in ages but this doesnt really sound like Sarah. I dont wanna make quick judgements though as i might be crazy madly in love with it in a few days haha . It's just so much different from most of Sarah's stuff.. Well im eager for the album :)
Tangled up in our embrace
There's nothing I'd like better than to fall

ecstasythrumusic
Building A Mystery

Post by ecstasythrumusic » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:43 am

I too, didn't know about a single being released. I had a feeling it would be Loving You Is Easy. This is indeed different from what we normally hear. I know people would say they wished she would change the sound of Pierre's production. It does remind me of that other song but is miles better than Love Song.I believe we will see a mix of emotions on the new album. My rating would be an A.
To fall so deep into you
Lose myself completely
In your sweet embrace
All my pains erased

And your mouth is all that I wish
Mercy of your lips
Just one kiss
Until I can breathe again
Until I can sing again

‘Cause I'm a trainwreck
Waiting to happen
Waiting for someone to come
Pick me up off the tracks
The wildfire born of frustration
Born of the one love that gets me so high
I've no fear at all

TheSquirrel
Full Of Grace

Post by TheSquirrel » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:27 am

What was I saying about hoping the album wasn't all about trying to convince everyone, including herself, that she's hap hap happy? I don't mind upbeat, but this is just plain dull to my ears. One of her most derivative songs I have heard. Reminds me of something The Carpenters or maybe a second division sixties band like The Brotherhood, Appletree Theatre, Millenium, or Sagittarius might produce. "What The World Needs Now" by Hal David and Burt Bacharach is it's closest relation imo.
I'm an opinionated old tosser and proud of it.

Eipeadesse

Post by Eipeadesse » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:37 am

TheSquirrel wrote:What was I saying about hoping the album wasn't all about trying to convince everyone, including herself, that she's hap hap happy? I don't mind upbeat, but this is just plain dull to my ears. One of her most derivative songs I have heard. Reminds me of something The Carpenters or maybe a second division sixties band like The Brotherhood, Appletree Theatre, Millenium, or Sagittarius might produce. "What The World Needs Now" by Hal David and Burt Bacharach is it's closest relation imo.
True, this song is very different from what we are used to from Sarah and it does remind me of The Carpenters' sound too. I admit, I didn't like it the first time I heard it, but it grows on me. And listening to Sarah's albums over the years, none are the same sound. I'm not the same person I was 5 years ago, so why should she or her music be...
`Take care to get what you like or you will be forced to like what you get`

Jessel
Fumbling

Post by Jessel » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:34 pm

Eipeadesse wrote:And listening to Sarah's albums over the years, none are the same sound. I'm not the same person I was 5 years ago, so why should she or her music be...
LOL! I agree with everything you said Squirrel but (inasmuch as I hate to admit it) I think Eileen is right. As one of Sarah's long-term fans, I'm disappointed that she decided to take a new direction with her songwriting instead of going back to her folk/rock roots. But recently I realized that there is little to no point in having another album synonymous to FTE since we have it already, plus there's no denying that she's past her prime. And she's going to do what she wants to no matter how much we throw tantrums and tear at our hair. After all, there are still at least 7 more songs to be heard and I just don't want to make assumptions about the entire album based on the first single. For all we know, this could be just like Ice Cream to her FTE (if you get what I mean).

And yeah, I can't deny that this song reminds me a lot of Sleepless in Seattle and The Carpenters lol. I'm quite ashamed to admit this but I loved Karen and Richard when I was very young (and yes, I know most of their songs by heart). :lol:
One little leaf adrift in the breeze, refuses to fall from the sky
Blown by the wind it clings to the tree, unwilling to wither and die...

TheSquirrel
Full Of Grace

Post by TheSquirrel » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:54 pm

Yeah actually I quite liked The Carpenters too. I also quite like a change of direction. I also don't mind it being upbeat. But one thing she has not done over the years is sound like anyone else, or have songs that sound like rehashes of other people. "Raindrops Kepp Falling On My Head" is another song by Bacharach and David that this new song sounds like. She will probably be laughing all the way to the bank as it is a huge success. I still have the song floating around in my head today, but I don't like it. I don't want songs by the Bay City Rollers, Madonna, The Wombles, or Boyzone floating around in my head either.
I'm an opinionated old tosser and proud of it.

Blackangel12868
Building A Mystery

Post by Blackangel12868 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:41 am

At first, when i listened to this i really wasn't crazy about it because it was so bouncy. It is growing on me simply because the melody is so beautiful even if the lyrics are a little silly. It really only sounds like 'Love Song' because of the repeated piano chords. I'm not sure that she's trying to project a happy image, she has always said that her songs take a while to come out. I would subtract a couple of years in Sarah time to see what it could really be about. So, anywho, i'm really starting to love this song. It's catchy!