Loving you is easy OFFICIAL SINGLE - hear it

Ellie
Root Admin

Re: Loving you is easy OFFICIAL SINGLE - hear it

Post by Ellie » Fri May 07, 2010 8:23 pm

The lyrics are up on Sarah's site: http://www.jrecords.com/sarahmclachlan/ ... IsEasy.jpg :D
Ellen
Sarah McLachlan Online - Solaced.info | Solace Elsewhere: My Blog
Member of the Hacking Team

~I just wanna watch you sleep as you lie here beside me, so close your eyes I'll guard the door~

Jessel
Fumbling

Post by Jessel » Sun May 09, 2010 1:00 pm

^^ Grrrr, I screwed up some of the lyrics... lol :oops:
One little leaf adrift in the breeze, refuses to fall from the sky
Blown by the wind it clings to the tree, unwilling to wither and die...

Miguel

Post by Miguel » Sun May 09, 2010 5:45 pm

Jessel, I think your version can be seen on the interwebs now :lol: I remember seeing lyrics just like the ones you posted (they even had the ? marks). They were probably taken by the lurkers
My Jon McLaughlin fansite
Member of the Hacking Team

Jessel
Fumbling

Post by Jessel » Tue May 11, 2010 6:33 am

^^ LMAO! There goes my daft moment on public haha. Oh, the shame.. :oops: :lol:
One little leaf adrift in the breeze, refuses to fall from the sky
Blown by the wind it clings to the tree, unwilling to wither and die...

Magellan
Touched

Post by Magellan » Sat May 22, 2010 12:57 pm

Hey all,

My thoughts (Sarah fan for 15 years, just in case that gives me any credibility :D ) are that the new song is...
...dull.

It's a happy song. And while I love her sad songs (and let's face it, her career is practically built on darkness and misery), I'm by no means anti-happy-song. I think what I'd have preferred was a little drama and power, and there's none of that here.

I remember when Afterglow came out, I was a tad underwhelmed then too, but now I'm looking back at Afterglow and thinking "ah, those were the days". Fallen was no Possession, but Stupid had some power and drama, and the rest of the album had it's moments.

I also don't agree with those who say there's no good music around these days - yes most of it's crap, but we've been very fortunate IMHO to have Florence Welch and Bat For Lashes come up with some really great songs in the past year. Can we imagine if Sarah had written "Cosmic Love"? We'd all have wet ourselves on the spot! I'm just drawing a contrast, because Sarah is one of the all time queens of electro-etheral-powerful songmaking, and to see her settle for such simple, unexciting results as this is a shame. It's not like all the great songs are already written. There's more out there, they're just waiting to be found.

Still! It is what it is, and I'm not slamming her. And there's a whole albums worth of possibilities yet to be heard. Plus if the reality is she's past her prime as jessel suggests, then it's ok because she certainly doesn't "owe" me a thing, having given so much already. She'd always be a goddess in my eyes, even if she spent the rest of her career releasing nursery rhymes and country songs (Hello, Jewel! Still a goddess too).

Cheers,
Rob.