The Laws of Illusion (New Album)

Kaleysuncle
Drifting

Re: The Laws of Illusion (New Album)

Post by Kaleysuncle » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:32 am

TheSquirrel wrote:I love the title too. It's a brilliant name for an album.

Afterglow was produced when she was happy. Hmmm. See what I'm getting at?
I don't think she was neccessarily happy during the album process of Afterglow. She was pregnant and the death of her mother played quite a role.

In a timeless search for a love that might work... - Stevie Nicks

TheSquirrel
Full Of Grace

Post by TheSquirrel » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:49 am

Kaleysuncle wrote:
TheSquirrel wrote:I love the title too. It's a brilliant name for an album.

Afterglow was produced when she was happy. Hmmm. See what I'm getting at?
I don't think she was neccessarily happy during the album process of Afterglow. She was pregnant and the death of her mother played quite a role.
This is true, and I had thought about that - but the key is she was in a stable relationship and was probably as happy as she had ever been when she wrote those songs. The recording process was painful. She recorded all the songs again because her pregnancy had changed her voice and she didn't like the results, but she had written the songs over a period of stability in a relationship. That was what I was getting at. Or it could be that my theory is shot to pieces. Either way I will be happy to hear an album as good as Afterglow. Also it's just fun to consider what a new Sarah McLachlan album might be like. I honestly didn't think she had an album of material left in her. The fans have been in a desert of the same old songs for 7 years, no life, no hope. Finally an oasis.
I'm an opinionated old tosser and proud of it.

WolfmanJack

Post by WolfmanJack » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:04 pm

I like the title too. And by the way, don't you feel the excitement all of a sudden. The site has come alive and even those who were dormant for some time are now talking. There is going to be alot of communication in the next few months and this is all good. ;)

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:41 pm

I was thinking about the song she played last year, "Loving You Is Easy"... I hope it'll be on the album, I like it and now that I know the name of the album, I think it could really fit with it.

We supposed that she was thinking about her new boyfriend and her happiness when she wrote that song, but it could also be something about the illusion of "easy love". I can't wait to see! :D
Karine

Ellie
Root Admin

Post by Ellie » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:54 pm

OMG, the title is amazing! Can't wait :D

I just updated the site, I should've done that yesterday but I was in the most southern spot of Holland in a hotel with expensive internet. But it's online on the site now!
Ellen
Sarah McLachlan Online - Solaced.info | Solace Elsewhere: My Blog
Member of the Hacking Team

~I just wanna watch you sleep as you lie here beside me, so close your eyes I'll guard the door~

jessiemonkey
Fumbling

Post by jessiemonkey » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:02 am

i just pre-ordered mine! now im really excited!!! :D :D

Mallory

Post by Mallory » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:06 am

TheSquirrel wrote:To tell you the truth, I would be happy with an album as good as Afterglow. I'm certainly not expecting anything better.
I have to say that I agree. Afterglow, while not my favorite of Sarah's albums, is probably in the vein of what the new album will be. As great as it would be to have something along the lines of FTE, it's probably just not gonna happen. Regardless, I am thrilled to hear what Sarah and Pierre have come up with this time around.

Quincy
Fallen

Post by Quincy » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:44 am

Well, I'm looking forward to the "New album"...Sorry "The laws of illusion" :oops: Just wondering how long it'll be before we see it in the UK (Yes Sony/Arista/Nettwerk There is a fan base out here, not just USA/Canada) If it's as good as Afterglow, then it'll be good and I'll be a happy little bunny (Yes...I do happy sometimes!). I agree with Squirrel, some of her best albums were written when she was "unhappy", Afterglow was written in a stable period (I use the term stable loosely, I know she lost her foster mum and she'd had her first child). Squirrel has given "push" a bit of a slating, but for somebody to write a song like that for you has to be the very best gift/compliment you can give to anyone, that's one hell of an aphrodisiac. I defy anybody to argue against that. Any relationship will have it's shitty moments, it's having the ability and the desire to clean up your side of the mess that's important.
London has, as was mentioned earlier, "disappeared" off the Lillith map. Depending on who was at the London show would decide it for me. I've read several times that SMcL may or may not be at all the venues, so let's keep a careful watch. Knowing my luck I'll be somewhere totally inappropriate if she does come to London.

Miguel

Post by Miguel » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:01 pm

Quincy wrote:Depending on who was at the London show would decide it for me. I've read several times that SMcL may or may not be at all the venues, so let's keep a careful watch. Knowing my luck I'll be somewhere totally inappropriate if she does come to London.
Recent articles mention that Sarah will be the only artist playing consistently, so I'm sure she will play all dates this summer. If you look at all the dates that have been released so far, she's listed.

They're still booking cities, venues and dates. They will most likely mention it soon, they can't just 'cancel' it and make no mention of it, just have a little patience. People are being spoiled brats! :o
My Jon McLaughlin fansite
Member of the Hacking Team

mjc1987

Post by mjc1987 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:56 pm

Hey! I'm not being a spoilt brat when I need to know the London date in terms of booking the holidays from my work, which is a mega pain in the ass to do anyway, even though its months away!

I'm expecting a mix of pissed off songs with some light at the end of the tunnel ones... just hopefully not as over produced as Afterglow's songs were, I prefer a raw Sarah.

PS. - I think Sarah should've got Florence + Machine to do Lilith in London as well, it would've topped it off for me!