Thought of the Day

Share here all your creative work
Karine
A change is coming

Re: Thought of the Day

Post by Karine » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:05 pm

Empirejim wrote:What is it that makes you stand tall in life's daily battles.
Probably love...
Karine

Empirejim
Drifting

Post by Empirejim » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:11 pm

Love is something more than what we imagine at the time. It is heart-felt and yet heart-sobbed. Standing alone or together puts bonds like no other known. Love is a powerful tool to be used in the right and honest way.

RiverOfLove
Fallen

Post by RiverOfLove » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:24 pm

There's no use in wondering what could have been. There's only use in making what could be possible, possible.

Times seen Sarah Live:
November 10th, 2010, Taft Theater, Cincinnati OH
July 11th, 2014, PNC Pavillion, Cincinnati OH

"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Empirejim
Drifting

Post by Empirejim » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:54 pm

We are in a Brave New World. So make your path well and walk true and so yee will see the light.

Jessel
Fumbling

Post by Jessel » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:54 am

One very powerful mantra: not caring about what others think. Life's going to be a million times more easier/enjoyable once you get the hang of it, trust me. ;)
One little leaf adrift in the breeze, refuses to fall from the sky
Blown by the wind it clings to the tree, unwilling to wither and die...

Quincy
Fallen

Post by Quincy » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:14 am

Jessel wrote:
Life's going to be a million times more easier/enjoyable once you get the hang of it, trust me. ;)
Ask yourself the same question in another 30 years or so. It doesn't get easier or more enjoyable, trust me on that one. I have a Father that's 83 and now tells me he's "Tired" of living, I have a Son who's spent nearly £90,000 training to be a commercial airline pilot and is now unable get his first flying job, he's heading for bankruptcy, he can't find "The right Girl", and I'm in a job where the work experience I have is no longer meaningful.

My better half loves me though!! and I'm no longer "alcohol dependent", so some things are getting more enjoyable.

Jessel
Fumbling

Post by Jessel » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:49 am

Quincy wrote: Ask yourself the same question in another 30 years or so. It doesn't get easier or more enjoyable, trust me on that one.
Yeah Quincy, I agree with you that some aspects of life doesn't get any better with age. There are times when I have to severely remind myself that I'm not 21 anymore. My eccentric sensibilities often tell me that it's not wise for me to still be alive by the time I reach my mid-40s and I quite agree lol! But in my case, one of the joys of being alive is not only making the most out of the time we still have but doing it absolutely free from all the pressures of social convention.

p.s.
I feel sorry for your dad and please be patient with him. I guess it's normal for old people to feel that way sometimes, maybe even all the time. My own gran keeps saying it over and over again at about the same age. She finally got her wish in her 91st year.
One little leaf adrift in the breeze, refuses to fall from the sky
Blown by the wind it clings to the tree, unwilling to wither and die...

Empirejim
Drifting

Post by Empirejim » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:15 pm

Waiting is the hardest thing to do. That is what they say. Then again, who are they to decide. :lol:

Empirejim
Drifting

Post by Empirejim » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:07 pm

Just recently I battled a personal demon and for the most part, I believe I won. Let us not take our lives for granted. Bless us and bless all those around us who make us strong. I just wanted to say that. ;)

Empirejim
Drifting

Post by Empirejim » Thu May 26, 2011 2:17 pm

When you wake up to a new day and see sunshine or even rain, what is the first thing you say or want to do to make that moment even better. 8-)