What was the last TV show you watched?

Discuss here the latest films and shows on tv
Karine
A change is coming

Re: What was the last TV show you watched?

Post by Karine » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:05 pm

Quincy wrote:Hi Everyone,

Watched the latest show in series 4 of "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" last week, and the main protagonist, one Detective Jake Peralta (Andy Samberg) walked into the precinct wearing a "Lilith Fair" Tee-shirt. Others in the office made some comments on what he was wearing, but the response was "Oh! it was all that was left in the wardrobe"
That's the first time I've ever seen a Lilith Tee-shirt!!

OK, not overly interesting, but I thought I'd post it anyway.

Q
That's cool! :)
Karine

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:28 pm

Karine wrote:

Watched the latest show in series 4 of "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" last week, and the main protagonist, one Detective Jake Peralta (Andy Samberg) walked into the precinct wearing a "Lilith Fair" Tee-shirt. Others in the office made some comments on what he was wearing, but the response was "Oh! it was all that was left in the wardrobe"

Q
Quincy,

Did it look like this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lilith-Fair-199 ... Sw~FJZGSkH

I have a Solace t-shirt that is similar.

Front:

Back:

Ed

Quincy
Fallen

Post by Quincy » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:07 pm

Islandflyer wrote:
Karine wrote:

Q
Quincy,

Did it look like this one?

Yes, I think so. I thought it was a beige colour, but yes, I think it is. I have slept since then, so my recollection may be a litte hazy!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lilith-Fair-199 ... Sw~FJZGSkH

I have a Solace t-shirt that is similar.

Front:

Back:

CarolCiola
Fallen

Post by CarolCiola » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:33 pm

I am totally fascinated to HBO's minisserie Chernobyl. Did you watch it? You already can find it online.

All the 5 episodes (~ 1 hour each) holds your attention with great characters, drama, details, and the history itself, of course. All very very good!

I really reccomend you to watch.
https://www.rjseries.com/chernobyl-online/

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:42 am

CarolCiola wrote:I am totally fascinated to HBO's minisserie Chernobyl. Did you watch it? You already can find it online.

All the 5 episodes (~ 1 hour each) holds your attention with great characters, drama, details, and the history itself, of course. All very very good!

I really reccomend you to watch.
https://www.rjseries.com/chernobyl-online/
Hwy, Thanks Carol. I have heard of it, but I don't have HBO. If I can watch it from your link, that will be great. If you are interested in this subject, check out "City 40" (Ozyorsk) on Netflix, about the long-secret atomic development center in the Soviet Union, counterpart to the American city of Richland, WA and the adjacent Hanford site, where plutonium for the U.S. nuclear weapons program was made. Both cities kept secret many large releases of radioactive compounds that affected "downwinders" to this day. Hanford no longer produces plutonium, but the clean-up continues and will for another century or so.

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Ozyorsk,_Chelyabinsk_Oblast

Of course, Chernobyl was orders of magnitude greater, and the Soviet government quickly lost control of the situation as the wind blew massive amounts of radioactive dust over Norway and other countries.

In the meantime, I am enjoying the Scottish time travel series "Outlander" on Netflix. It's really good, and quite realistic in the depiction of life in the Scottish Highlands in the 18th Century.

Ed
Ed

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:35 pm

I've also read great reviews about it. It's apparently an amazing show, worth watching.
We're surely going to watch it.
Karine