Sarahs Band

Talk about all the other musicians
Crazylitstudent
Drifting

Re: Sarahs Band

Post by Crazylitstudent » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:27 pm

Thanks Karine, Its a really nice song! :) I do kinda prefer Missy Higgins' version though, I think it suits her voice more than it does Butterfly's, but thats just my opinion!

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:21 pm

Maybe you know that Whitehorse (Melissa McClelland and Luke Doucet) were on the short list nominees for the Canadian Polaris Prize.
They didn't win, but Sarah was there to introduce their performance during the award show two days ago. Check the video at 2h57min:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3sUG8RfkKA
You should really watch their performance, it's very good! :D
Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:37 pm

Fun news: this week, Sarah recorded some vocals for the next Butterfly Boucher record. :D
Butterfly is re-recording all the songs from her debut album, "Flutterby" (which is 10 years old this year), and she asked friends to help her with it.
http://butterflyboucher.com/join-the-fl ... lebration/

For the new members of this board: Butterfly was Sarah's opening act in many cities during the Afterglow tour and she played bass and sing in Sarah's band for the last 2-3 years (for the Lilith Fair revival, Sarah and Friends tour and symphonic tour).
Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:37 am

If you want to hear Butterfly Boucher' song on which Sarah sings background vocals, it's here:
http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/but ... ates/28939
It's the second one, "Never Leave Your Heart Alone". :D

For the first one, I Can't Make Me, Sara Bareilles did the vocals.
Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:39 pm

Wow... Whitehorse takes a French turn and I really like it! :D
"Éphémère sans repère"
http://youtu.be/ga7RfQWkO84
My sister told me that Luke spoke in French during the Sarah & Friend concert in Montréal and Melissa said that she understood French too. If they're in Sarah's band for the Shine On tour and if they repeat the "Sarah and friends" pattern, I would be surprised if they sing in French outside of Canada. I would be glad to hear that in Montréal. :D
Karine

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:04 am

Karine wrote:Wow... Whitehorse takes a French turn and I really like it! :D
"Éphémère sans repère"
http://youtu.be/ga7RfQWkO84
My sister told me that Luke spoke in French during the Sarah & Friend concert in Montréal and Melissa said that she understood French too. If they're in Sarah's band for the Shine On tour and if they repeat the "Sarah and friends" pattern, I would be surprised if they sing in French outside of Canada. I would be glad to hear that in Montréal. :D
That should make for an interesting sound. Do you have any info on other band members, Karine?

I like the airplane in the video, which is very nicely done, BTW. The Lockheed Constellation was one of the most artistically-designed airliners of the pre-jet era, very distinctive for it's curved fuselage and triple tails. The peak of Art Deco styling, in an age when air travel was still a luxury few could afford, not the cattle-car we all loath today (unless you're in First or Business Class, of course).

I know Sarah speaks some French, since she did on the FTE DVD. (but it's Greek to me :lol: )
Ed

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:29 am

Islandflyer wrote:That should make for an interesting sound. Do you have any info on other band members, Karine?

I like the airplane in the video, which is very nicely done, BTW. The Lockheed Constellation was one of the most artistically-designed airliners of the pre-jet era, very distinctive for it's curved fuselage and triple tails. The peak of Art Deco styling, in an age when air travel was still a luxury few could afford, not the cattle-car we all loath today (unless you're in First or Business Class, of course).

I know Sarah speaks some French, since she did on the FTE DVD. (but it's Greek to me :lol: )
Sarah sang in French in Montréal in 2007, for that show.
http://www.solaced.info/?page_id=910

She said that she felt brave and added "Qui veut m'aider à chanter cette chanson?"
@Ellen: you should add that Sarah sang "Quand les hommes vivront d'amour" (Raymond Lévesque) just before Angel.
One day, I'll ask you for the bootleg of this concert, because I only got 3 good mp3 files and 4 bad wav files. Some songs are missing ;)

About the band members: I'm sure Vincent Jones will be there. He was with Sarah at the Jay Leno show and he contributed to Shine On.
Melissa and Luke don't have any concert date planned on their website, neither Butterfy Boucher. It might be another "Sarah and friends" tour. I like that: instead of having an opening act, this highlights the solo career of the other musicians.
I can't remember the name of the drummer who was with them, sorry!
Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:23 pm

I read a little bit more about the new EP of Whitehorse and it will feature four French version of well-known Whitehorse songs: Devil's Got A Gun / Out Like A Lion / Night Owls / Broken
There will be a brand new song, "Le cadeau", and a new version of "Un Canadian errant". It's an old song, from 1842, and Luke first recorded it for the movie "One Week" (2008).
Guess who did the translation of their 4 first songs? ... Pierre Marchand! :D
What if Pierre did the same with one of Sarah's song... as a bonus track for example (I can dream, no? :D )

Oh: and today, besides being the first day of Spring, it's the International Francophonie Day, so to all the French-speaking people who might check this board, I say: Bonne journée! :D
Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:49 am

I think I wrote about it a few months ago in the chat room (why they weren't with Sarah for the tour), but yesterday, Melissa gave birth to her baby boy. Congratulations to Luke and Melissa! :D
Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:17 pm

The new Whitehorse song is very good and guess who will see Melissa and Luke in concert in a month... me! :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2Cd_Dz0kj0
Karine