Sarahs Band

Talk about all the other musicians
Miguel

Re: Sarahs Band

Post by Miguel » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:45 pm

You can bank on Brian, VIncent, Luke and Melissa being there. Matt Chamberlain will most likely be the drummer. If you check out his website, he has gigs listed beginning in October and Lilith is taking place late June-August, so I think there's a chance he'll be drumming

To be honest, I'd be slightly disappointed if it was just Sarah and piano/guitar. But anyway, she had her band back then so I don't see why she wouldn't this time around
My Jon McLaughlin fansite
Member of the Hacking Team

jessiemonkey
Fumbling

Post by jessiemonkey » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:32 pm

Miguel wrote:
To be honest, I'd be slightly disappointed if it was just Sarah and piano/guitar. But anyway, she had her band back then so I don't see why she wouldn't this time around

i'd be a little disappointed too. i think the band will give off a more full sound than just her and her piano/guitar.
i dont think theyd let her go with just doing that. :)

Empirejim
Drifting

Post by Empirejim » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:27 pm

So does anyone have a little history on the new members of her band. Besides Vince and Luke and his wife, would like to hear of the others. Thanks in advance. :)

Miguel

Post by Miguel » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:14 am

I'm not sure if you were referring to the band that appeared with Sarah during her performance on Leno?

I think most of them will be with her except for Butterfly Boucher (short hair gal) who played bass. She's a singer in her own right, much like Melissa McClelland. Both are part of the Lilith lineup but I'll be surprised if they pull double duty.

Peter Stroud was the guitarist on the left. As we found on another thread, he's Sheryl Crow's guitarist (or soon-to-be ex-guitarist if I remember right?)

Matt Chamberlain, who has been Tori Amos' drummer for most of her career(?), will now join Sarah for all Lilith dates. :) He also played drums on the new Sarah album
My Jon McLaughlin fansite
Member of the Hacking Team

jessiemonkey
Fumbling

Post by jessiemonkey » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:23 am

i hope luke doucet is there <3 :D

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:52 am

Just to let you know: Butterfly Boucher made a brand new album and it's pretty good! :)
I really enjoy 5678 and Not Fooling Around, but the other songs are great too.
In an article about her record, she talked a bit about her work with Sarah:
Though she might have been considered McLachlan's protege and became a Nettwerk artist alongside the Canadian songbird, Boucher said they didn't connect right away, either.
"I actually lost contact after the Afterglow tour. We didn't really talk. ... I knew her, but she was like Sarah McLachlan, you know," Boucher says, soon realizing her rising star was a mere flicker in the heavenly skies.

It wasn't until she joined McLachlan's touring band that they drew closer. "I was a bit older and had gone through a lot more, so it was a lot more equal kind of footing, I felt," Boucher says. "She's really become a sweet friend of mine. And she's just so down to earth."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-b ... 13618.html
Karine

Crazylitstudent
Drifting

Post by Crazylitstudent » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:49 pm

Listened to 5678 and its really good! :) I was really diserpointed with Scary Fragile but looks like this album will be much better!

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:15 pm

Crazylitstudent wrote:Listened to 5678 and its really good! :) I was really diserpointed with Scary Fragile but looks like this album will be much better!
"Scary Fragile" was not my favorite album too, but this one is much better, the songs are very good.
Karine

Crazylitstudent
Drifting

Post by Crazylitstudent » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:08 pm

The video for 5678 is really cool and funny! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gXA_UCeDSc

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:19 pm

Ben, I suggest that you listen to "Unashamed Desire". It's one of my favorites on Butterfly's new record. She wrote it with Missy Higgins.

This is Butterfly's version:
http://soundcloud.com/butterflyboucher/ ... re/s-u1FpC

and this is Missy Higgins' version, released yesterday. Her album will be out in June and she picked that song as her first single. Butterfly also produced her record.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEmpgM5mxmQ

I love these version!

(That's a video of their work while making Missy H's album, with Brad Jones: http://vimeo.com/40421942)
Karine