Sarah Slean

Talk about all the other musicians
Kaleysuncle
Drifting

Sarah Slean

Post by Kaleysuncle » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:14 am

As I sit here and listen to Sarah Slean, I fall deeper and deeper in love. Does anyone else here enjoy her music? She's so incredibly talented. The Baroness (the first album I heard) is now in my top albums. The Baroness Redecorates is also a great EP. I love the Rose.

Since Youtube doesn't have many of her videos, you can view a few here: http://www.sarahslean.com/media/video/

In a timeless search for a love that might work... - Stevie Nicks

jessiemonkey
Fumbling

Re: Sarah Slean

Post by jessiemonkey » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:26 am

okay so you sent me her i believe..

so i started listening to it.. and i really like it :)

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:59 pm

I have all her albums. I began listening to her when she released Night Bugs: I love it!
She's a talented musician, she composes great music and writes good songs; her style is very refreshing.
Last edited by Karine on Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karine

Kaleysuncle
Drifting

Post by Kaleysuncle » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:17 am

Karine wrote:I have all her albums. I began listening to her when she released Night Bugs: I love it!
She's a talented musician, she composed great music and write good songs; her style is very refreshing.
It really is! I believe that's why I love her so much. :)

In a timeless search for a love that might work... - Stevie Nicks

fredthompson

Post by fredthompson » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:35 am

This lady has some very great music, I love her.

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:52 pm

Kaleysuncle wrote:
Karine wrote:I have all her albums. I began listening to her when she released Night Bugs: I love it!
She's a talented musician, she composed great music and write good songs; her style is very refreshing.
It really is! I believe that's why I love her so much. :)
I think she has an interesting "theatrical" style. She has a voice made for opera, but her songs are sometimes similar to cabaret songs.

If you like Sarah Slean, here are 2 live performances she made in 2007 (she sang covers of other artists: Joni Mitchell, Sarah Harmer, etc.). You'll probably recognize some of the songs with the Art of Time Ensemble, because she kept them for "Black Flowers".

1- https://download.yousendit.com/MVNkQndOR0ZqY3AzZUE9PQ
2- https://download.yousendit.com/MVNkQndOOW5CSm9LSkE9PQ
Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:03 pm

The Lady just released a double album, "Land & Sea". You should really listen to it, the songs are very good.
Slean describes Land as an unabashed pop album, recording with producer Joel Plaskett (Joel Plaskett Emergency, Two Hours Traffic) and mixed by Big Sugar front-man Gordie Johnson and Vic Florencia (Nelly Furtado, Esthero). While Land does boast the occasional instrumental flourish, its central pulse is provided by a traditional four-piece rock band.

Sea is an expression of love for the classical, orchestral tradition Slean discovered as a child listening to her parents’ Brahms, Beethoven and Mozart albums. It’s an album that lyrically explores the internal aspects of existence, “the mysterious unknown that is such an integral aspect of our being,” Slean explains. Sea is a celebration of the “mysterious essence” from which all things emerge, from the intimate mechanics of our physical beings to the movement of the planets.
Karine

Crazylitstudent
Drifting

Post by Crazylitstudent » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:01 pm

I've started listening to CBC radio via the internet and have fallen in love with her song "Amen", which has had a lot of airplay! Its quickly becoming one of my favourite songs! :D

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:30 pm

Crazylitstudent wrote:I've started listening to CBC radio via the internet and have fallen in love with her song "Amen", which has had a lot of airplay! Its quickly becoming one of my favourite songs! :D
Amen is soooo good! :)
I really enjoy her new songs! Her collaboration with Joel Plaskett for Land & with Jonathan Goldsmith for Sea was very successful! She will shoot a video in the next days, but I don't know for which song...
Karine

Crazylitstudent
Drifting

Post by Crazylitstudent » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:53 am

I'm seriously thinking about buying "Land & Sea" when I have the money as I've also been hearing "Everybody's On TV" quite a bit and that song is also awesome! :D The only problem is I also want to buy Kathleen Edward's new album... dam you Canada for having so many awesome artists! :lol: