The Pierces

Talk about all the other musicians
Magellan
Touched

Re: The Pierces

Post by Magellan » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:01 am

So glad people are catching on. I totally agree Carla! There's also now a live video of "You'll Be Mine".

http://www.youtube.com/user/thepierces# ... eYH0-5ozFw

Upcoming "You'll Be Mine" EP...

Damn, I wish they had uploaded the official video in 1080p resolution/quality :/

I'm honestly struggling to decide which of these new songs I love the most, but I'm leaning toward this one at the moment. I give You'll Be Mine 10/10.

In case you guys don't know, Cat Pierce (the blonde sister) also release a solo single a few months ago, called "You Are What I Want". I actually caught this on TV, and sort of liked it. Totally different style to the folky songs we are talking about here at the moment, she looks really lovely in the video - sort of 1960s James Bond style. The video is available here in 1080p HD resolution:
Cat Pierce - "You Are What I Want"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifdC1ovXb64

M.

Magellan
Touched

Post by Magellan » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:12 am

Danyy
Full Of Grace

Post by Danyy » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:58 pm

I'm so excited for this album!!!
I'm also in love with You'll Be Mine at the moment, it's so wonderful <3 But I can't wait to hear You Will Not Be Forgotten, as (along with You'll Be Mine) the sisters picked it as their favourite on the album.

I didn't know Catherine released a solo single, I only knew Allison did some solo shows during their break. The song is different from The Pierces sound but it's very good nonetheless and the video is really cute, it really is very 60's and Catherine's outfits are so beautiful :)
Carla

Signature and avatar by Ellen

Magellan
Touched

Post by Magellan » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:02 pm

Suddenly, there is lots of news for The Pierces!

2 new music videos....

http://www.tsode.com/blog/music/the-pie ... ars-video/

http://www.tsode.com/blog/music/the-pie ... nglevideo/

Absolutely love the We Are Stars one.
The new album isn't far away now!

TheSquirrel
Full Of Grace

Post by TheSquirrel » Sun May 15, 2011 12:44 am

The new single called "Glorious" is out. Not bad but it seems they are heading for mainstream Abba pop territory. I'm not saying that's a bad thing. but they may lose their early edge and weirdness.
I'm an opinionated old tosser and proud of it.

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Mon May 16, 2011 10:47 am

Magellan wrote:Absolutely love the We Are Stars one.
The new album isn't far away now!
I love this song too!
Karine

TheSquirrel
Full Of Grace

Post by TheSquirrel » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:42 am

After seeing them live last night and hearing most of the new album I am convinced they are going to become MASSIVE. The new album has the feel of Abba between "ABBA" and "ARRIVAL." The one big negative is the loss of most of their band. The great lead guitarist is gone, and the second guitarist has taken over lead. It wont hurt their album sales but is a great shame for those who love the live experience.

The girls still seemed genuinely chuffed and bubbly at their success after a number of years, and it was the way they said - "second date of our first headlining tour, it's taken a while but..." that made me think that adrenalin rush of first success is still there (that's before it all goes horribly sour). They said they were going to meet anyone who wanted to meet them at the merchandise stand after the gig, and it's not many bands who offer to do that.
Last edited by TheSquirrel on Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheSquirrel
Full Of Grace

Post by TheSquirrel » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:43 am

Saw them tonight at the Bush Hall in Uxbridge Road. Despite their brilliant lead guitarist gone, this was possibly the best concert I've been to since Sarah McLchlan visited the UK 7 years ago. The album still sounds great after a number of plays, but one of the highlights for me tonight (and a week ago in Nottingham) was the Abba ish "City On Fire" which is the B side of "Glorious." I rarely come home from a concert nowadays having enjoyed every minute and every song. Tonight was one of those rare evenings.

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:34 pm

TheSquirrel wrote:Saw them tonight at the Bush Hall in Uxbridge Road. Despite their brilliant lead guitarist gone, this was possibly the best concert I've been to since Sarah McLchlan visited the UK 7 years ago. The album still sounds great after a number of plays, but one of the highlights for me tonight (and a week ago in Nottingham) was the Abba ish "City On Fire" which is the B side of "Glorious." I rarely come home from a concert nowadays having enjoyed every minute and every song. Tonight was one of those rare evenings.
Thanks for sharing!
Karine

Jessel
Fumbling

Post by Jessel » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:17 am

Hmmm, I'm intrigued by Squirrel's comments. I better check them out...
One little leaf adrift in the breeze, refuses to fall from the sky
Blown by the wind it clings to the tree, unwilling to wither and die...