Last concert you went to

Talk about all the other musicians
Quincy
Fallen

Re: Last concert you went to

Post by Quincy » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:59 pm

I've just tried to get tickets for Eric Clapton in my home city of Leeds. Can't even log in let alone buy any. However I am seeing "Warpaint" later this month, followed by "The Jezabels" at the end of the month. With any luck it'll be "Clapton" and "The Eagles" in a few months. The one I'm really looking forward to, is of course, SMcL. Anybody heard of where the tour is heading to?? (States/Canada, or is it Europe as well?) I'll be in New England in September/October so if I'm really lucky...(Yes, I know, I said "If I'm really lucky.....as if!) I may see here then.

Q

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:15 pm

It's been a while, but I saw Keiko Matsui again in Seattle last fall, at Jazz Alley, a perfect place for Sarah to play, as well. A small, intimate supper club, with a great bar.
Ed

Quincy
Fallen

Post by Quincy » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:53 pm

I'm a tad upset at the moment :cry: . Last week I had tickets to see the Californian all girl group "Warpaint" who had cancelled their original date, here in Leeds, last October. The previous day to the concert, I was told to fly out to Holland to see a customer urgently, which I did. I was due to get the late afternoon flight back on the day of the concert,which would mean me seeing the aforesaid Warpaint. However, I missed my planned flight back (by 5 minutes) and I had to wait until early evening to get back home. Result...missed the concert. "No fear", thought I, "I'll see the Australian group "The Jezabels" in 6 days time" However, one of the passengers on the plane was coughing and sneezing through out the flight. Yes you've guessed, I caught her germs and contracted the flu....Result, I couldn't go to the concert.
Got The Jezabel's new album though! It's good, I'd recommend a listen.

Q

PS I've lost 7 lb as a result of the flu....I think I'll try dieting to loose weight in future!

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:42 am

Quincy wrote:I'm a tad upset at the moment :cry: . Last week I had tickets to see the Californian all girl group "Warpaint" who had cancelled their original date, here in Leeds, last October. The previous day to the concert, I was told to fly out to Holland to see a customer urgently, which I did. I was due to get the late afternoon flight back on the day of the concert,which would mean me seeing the aforesaid Warpaint. However, I missed my planned flight back (by 5 minutes) and I had to wait until early evening to get back home. Result...missed the concert. "No fear", thought I, "I'll see the Australian group "The Jezabels" in 6 days time" However, one of the passengers on the plane was coughing and sneezing through out the flight. Yes you've guessed, I caught her germs and contracted the flu....Result, I couldn't go to the concert.
Got The Jezabel's new album though! It's good, I'd recommend a listen.

Q

PS I've lost 7 lb as a result of the flu....I think I'll try dieting to loose weight in future!
Oh no! :( I'm sorry for you. I hope you feel better now (and yes, even if I'm a girl, I knew that man could get flu :D )
Karine

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:52 am

I'm enjoying the hell out of Suzanne Vega's new album, whimsically titled "Tales From the Realm of the Queen of Pentacles". Those familiar with her unconventional style may find some songs that hark back to her earliest work in the eighties. It's very distinctive, very poetic and very compelling. Although a long-time fan, this is the first time I have heard a new album of hers when it first came out (Feb. 18th). Here's an example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbHnix-z7zA

I saw her in Seattle this time last year and it was an incredible show, with the audience on their feet much of the time.

This increases my expectations of Shine On, since I know that Sarah also only puts out an album when she has something significant to say. :D

Ed

Quincy
Fallen

Post by Quincy » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:12 pm

Now that I'm back home and not belting up and down motorways and spending endless nights in travel inns etc. I'm planning to see more concerts in 2015, and the first off will be Fleetwood Mac in July. The last time I saw them was the early 80's at Manchester. I did plan to go down to London a few weeks ago, when SMcL was on at the O2 arena, but I understand it was cancelled at the last minute, it was only when my customer kindly tried to get a ticket for me that I realised it was cancelled. I'm really not lucky when it comes to music venues!!

CarolCiola
Fallen

Post by CarolCiola » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:47 am

Last Saturday one more dream in my life became true. I went to David Gilmour's show here in São Paulo! I was with other three friends, but they went to the field floor while I was on the left seats bleachers of the soccer stadium. Although I was alone, it was not a problem, it was fantastic! We had 3 hours of show, with a 20 minutes break. David is amazing on guitar and vocals, I cried on Wish You Were Here, and felt in other place on Pink Floyd songs Shine On Your Crazy Diamond, High Hopes, Time, Comfortably Numb and In Any Tongue, of his new album Rattle That Lo-ck (of this tour). The stadium structure is amazing, the acoustic was pulsating, heavy and clean at the same time. Now the only artist I want to see live is Sarah, hope I can go to her show some day :)

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:44 pm

It seems like you had a fantastic night Carol! :D
I hope that you'll be able to see Sarah live one day :)
Karine

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:40 pm

CarolCiola wrote:Last Saturday one more dream in my life became true. I went to David Gilmour's show here in São Paulo! I was with other three friends, but they went to the field floor while I was on the left seats bleachers of the soccer stadium. Although I was alone, it was not a problem, it was fantastic! We had 3 hours of show, with a 20 minutes break. David is amazing on guitar and vocals, I cried on Wish You Were Here, and felt in other place on Pink Floyd songs Shine On Your Crazy Diamond, High Hopes, Time, Comfortably Numb and In Any Tongue, of his new album Rattle That Lo-ck (of this tour). The stadium structure is amazing, the acoustic was pulsating, heavy and clean at the same time. Now the only artist I want to see live is Sarah, hope I can go to her show some day :)
Wow, Carol, it must have been a great show. Glad you had a good time. Does he still sound like he did in Pink Floyd?

Keep the faith. You will catch up with Sarah some time, some place. Keep your fingers crossed! ;)
Ed

Quincy
Fallen

Post by Quincy » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:29 am

Hi everyone,
I went to see a young female singer/songwriter called Birdy this week. She was fantastic. Only 19 but she's been singing for the last 7 years, but this tour was to promote her second album. Couple of covers in there, including an excellent "Running up the hill" by Kate Bush.
If you get the chance to see her, do so, you won't be disappointed.

Quincy

(Yes, you did read correctly, I really did manage to see a concert....no missed flights, no flu, no lost tickets!)