tori amos

Talk about all the other musicians
Crazylitstudent
Drifting

Re: tori amos

Post by Crazylitstudent » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:01 pm

Im not on facebook so I have only been able to listen to "Carry", however it is a very beautiful song and makes me very excited for the new album! :-D I wasnt a fan of "Abnormally Attracted to Sin", for me that album lacked a spark that I find in Tori's older work but from this small preview I'm expecting an exciting retrun to form for Tori! <3

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:16 am

The release of "Night of Hunters" is today! :)
Karine

Crazylitstudent
Drifting

Post by Crazylitstudent » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:35 pm

Got my copy of the deluxe edition of the album! :-D I haven't listened to all of the songs yet but from the ones I have listened to I can safely stay that this is sooo much better than AATS!! Also Tori's daughter Tash sings on the album and she has a REALLY good voice! :-)

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:36 am

Crazylitstudent wrote:Got my copy of the deluxe edition of the album! :-D I haven't listened to all of the songs yet but from the ones I have listened to I can safely stay that this is sooo much better than AATS!! Also Tori's daughter Tash sings on the album and she has a REALLY good voice! :-)
I don't have it yet, but many reviews say the same. I can't wait to hear the album!
Karine

chadwick
Touched

Post by chadwick » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:21 pm

i enjoyed "night of hunters"... the deluxe packaging was really nice... i liked that it was like a little hardback book... and the bonus DVD was actually worth its production (in my opinion) unlike other bonus DVD offerings.

if you don't know, an instrumental version of the album was released mid-december... it is called "sin palabras" (without words). it's really nice to hear the music shine in this release.
fumbling...

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:44 pm

A great article about Tori Amos

Where Would Music Be Without Tori Amos?
http://www.buzzfeed.com/sadydoyle/where ... -tori-amos

In some way, it reminds me of the comments Sarah heard when she started Lilith Fair (about being an angry feminist or being not feminist enough...)
Karine

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:59 am

I'm not really too familiar with Tori Amos, Karine, but from this article, it sounds like I should be. I'll have to check her out.
Thanks. :)
Ed

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:24 am

Sarah and Tori have a lot in common, but their music is really different. I started listening to Tori when she released From the Choirgirl Hotel in 1998, pretty much at the same time I discovered Sarah.

On a Tori fansite, there's a serie of quotes about Sarah. It's interesting ;)
http://www.hereinmyhead.com/musicians/mclach.html
Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:21 pm

Did you listen to the first song of the new Tori Amos record? The album will be released one week after "Shine On".
Here's "Trouble's Lament":
http://noisey.vice.com/blog/tori-amos-r ... les-lament

I really like its country sound, with the combination of guitar and piano. It's different from her last records and I like it. :)
Karine

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:11 am

I was checking out some Pat Benatar, recalling how much I loved the blues album she did in 1990, True Love, and ran across this wonderful clip of her singing the title song live in 2001, with husband Neil Giraldo jamming like mad on guitar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln-XgVifUQ0
Ed