tori amos

Talk about all the other musicians
RiverOfLove
Fallen

Re: tori amos

Post by RiverOfLove » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:47 am

I got into sarah in 1997, as a teenager. I got into Tori in 2002, at the age of 19. So I've been a Tori fan for at least 10 years.

Never seen her live, though.

I think her best work was from 1988(Y Kant Tori Read) to 1999 (Strange Little Girls), and everything in between. After that, she started throwing ALL of her weak songs, or songs that should have been b-sides, onto her albums, and I think her albums suffered as a result.

Although I do like American Doll Posse quite a lot. It reminds me of her earlier stuff. Scarlet's Walk, The Beekeeper, and Attracted To Sin are albums that are 75% brilliant tracks, and 25% extremely weak/filler tracks that shouldn't have made the album. Scarlet's Walk, in particular, is weak.

My favorite album from her is From The Choirgirl Hotel.

Times seen Sarah Live:
November 10th, 2010, Taft Theater, Cincinnati OH
July 11th, 2014, PNC Pavillion, Cincinnati OH

"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Kaleysuncle
Drifting

Post by Kaleysuncle » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:33 am

I am shocked to see someone say that Scarlet's Walk is WEAK. Wow. It's definitely my favorite album.

In a timeless search for a love that might work... - Stevie Nicks

RiverOfLove
Fallen

Post by RiverOfLove » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:28 pm

Well, it's all relative. Like I said, I like the four most recent albums, but I don't think they're as good as the earlier material.

Scarlet's Walk is a good album, and has a lot of my favorite Tori songs. It's just not my favorite.

Times seen Sarah Live:

"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Blackangel12868
Building A Mystery

Post by Blackangel12868 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:23 pm

I just spent most of my day yesterday watching a bunch of tori videos on youtube. (I'm on break and have lots of time on my hands) I stumbled across the videos from her performance at a RAINN benefit in 97. It was spectacular. Particularly her performance of me and a gun... It literally gave me chills. If you haven't seen it yet, i highly recommend you check it out. It just reminded me what an amazing and emotional woman she is.

Kaleysuncle
Drifting

Post by Kaleysuncle » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:25 pm

Blackangel12868 wrote:I just spent most of my day yesterday watching a bunch of tori videos on youtube. (I'm on break and have lots of time on my hands) I stumbled across the videos from her performance at a RAINN benefit in 97. It was spectacular. Particularly her performance of me and a gun... It literally gave me chills. If you haven't seen it yet, i highly recommend you check it out. It just reminded me what an amazing and emotional woman she is.
I have the VHS of that show. I watched it the other day since I have no life and I'm on break as well. I love it.

RiverOfLove
Fallen

Post by RiverOfLove » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:43 am

I have a digital copy of that show, as well (it's amazing what you can find on the internet!) It's a great concert.

Times seen Sarah Live:

Kaleysuncle
Drifting

Post by Kaleysuncle » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:46 am

RiverOfLove wrote:I have a digital copy of that show, as well (it's amazing what you can find on the internet!) It's a great concert.
I found my copy in a used books store. I also found the Little Earthquakes VHS. They're both great. I wish the PPV show from '99 would be released.

RiverOfLove
Fallen

Post by RiverOfLove » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:54 am

Kaleysuncle wrote:
RiverOfLove wrote:I have a digital copy of that show, as well (it's amazing what you can find on the internet!) It's a great concert.
I found my copy in a used books store. I also found the Little Earthquakes VHS. They're both great. I wish the PPV show from '99 would be released.
Wow...lucky!

I downloaded both from the internet, they were in iPod format. It's kinda cool, cause I can watch them on my iPod anywhere. I also ripped them to DVD and put them on the shelf next to my Tori DVDs.

Times seen Sarah Live:

Crazylitstudent
Drifting

Post by Crazylitstudent » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:51 am

Where did you find that Josh? :-)

RiverOfLove
Fallen

Post by RiverOfLove » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:19 pm

Crazylitstudent wrote:
Where did you find that Josh? :-)
Some torrent. I forget where I found it, but I google searched and it came up.

I now have it on wmv and burned both to DVD, as well. If you want, I can send you the WMV files, so you can burn them as well. I'll just put them on sendspace, or something. :)

Times seen Sarah Live: