So what musical lemons have you bought lately...

For all the random things in life
Quincy
Fallen

So what musical lemons have you bought lately...

Post by Quincy » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:32 pm

We all tell everybody what a brilliant album's we've bought lately, but what about the musical equivalent of acne don't you want the world to know about. Your answers will be dealt with in a strictly confidential manner.
For me probably the worst album I've "acquired" is Duffy's latest "offering" Endlessly. All I can say is that I'm glad I downloaded this as part of a voucher I won. If I thought that I'd have paid good money (or bad money) for this I would be very upset.
It's dire.
Apologies to any Duffy fans out there, I love Rockferry so it's not the artist I don't like.

Q

Jessel
Fumbling

Re: So what musical lemons have you bought lately...

Post by Jessel » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:09 am

At first I thought this is another guilty pleasure thread lol

Anyway, here's some:
Tori Amos' Abnormally Attracted to Sin - self-explanatory haha!
PJ Harvey's Let England Shake - I got this one due to a recommendation from another forum. Didn't enjoy it much but then again, I never really got into PJ Harvey at all.
Original cast recording of Love Never Dies - I don't know what made me get this one. Okay, Phantom of the Opera is a guilty pleasure of mine and I know it by heart but I just don't see the point of a 'sequel'. There are quite a few catchy songs (typical Andrew Lloyd Webber) but something is just so wrong about this.
Chess in Concert 2008 DVD - the one responsible for casting Idina Menzel in the title role (Florence Vassy) should be shot!
One little leaf adrift in the breeze, refuses to fall from the sky
Blown by the wind it clings to the tree, unwilling to wither and die...

RiverOfLove
Fallen

Re: So what musical lemons have you bought lately...

Post by RiverOfLove » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:09 pm

I can't remember what album it was, but it was by a band called Fen.

Love the music, but can't get past the death metal vocals. :? I love it when Opeth does it, but this just sounds like noise.

Times seen Sarah Live:
November 10th, 2010, Taft Theater, Cincinnati OH
July 11th, 2014, PNC Pavillion, Cincinnati OH

"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant." - Robert Louis Stevenson