So quiet here....?

For all the random things in life
Karine
A change is coming

Re: So quiet here....?

Post by Karine » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:50 am

Hi! As the title of this topic says... it's so quiet here! :D
Any plans for the holidays? I'll be in Paris during the summer, to work on my thesis dissertation. When I won't be working, I will probably spend some time in the parks, it's such a beautiful city. :)
Karine

hanzo

Post by hanzo » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:48 am

Karine wrote:Hi! As the title of this topic says... it's so quiet here! :D
Any plans for the holidays? I'll be in Paris during the summer, to work on my thesis dissertation. When I won't be working, I will probably spend some time in the parks, it's such a beautiful city. :)
Ive been on a lady gaga binge for almost a year now. crazy right? i love all of sarahs twitter updates, really looking forward to her new album and praying for another tour! awesome to hear youre still in paris! and good luck on your dissertation. you deserve a lot of credit for keeping this forum alive, thank you. please post pictures of beautiful paris if you can.

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:13 am

hanzo wrote:please post pictures of beautiful paris if you can.
Well, I don't take a lot of pictures anymore. I visited Paris for the first time with my sister in 2009, but now that I've been here for months, it feels more like home to me. :)
In June, I went to see an exhibition, "No 5 Culture Chanel" at the Palais de Tokyo. There were so many people waiting to enter, you can see it on the second picture. I waited 1h30 just to get inside!
The exhibition was about the story behind the famous perfume and about Gabrielle Chanel's friendship with Picasso, Tzara, Stravinsky, ...

1: http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b305/ ... d8d973.jpg
2: http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b305/ ... 5e176b.jpg
3: http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b305/ ... 59ee91.jpg
Karine

Crazylitstudent
Drifting

Post by Crazylitstudent » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:58 pm

Hello! ;)

TheSquirrel
Full Of Grace

Post by TheSquirrel » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:58 pm

Crazylitstudent wrote:Hello! ;)
I think you need to edit your posts more.
I'm an opinionated old tosser and proud of it.

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:57 am

Hi all! Sorry, I was too busy to come here in the last days.
Saturday, I moved from Paris to Bordeaux. I'm staying in Bordeaux in September and in October, I'll move back again to Paris to work on my thesis at the national library.

Ben, how are you? It's been a long time since we heard of you. A few months ago, you wrote that you graduated: congratulations! :D
So, still not interested in doing a PhD? 8-)
I will probably finish my thesis at the beginning of 2014, somewhere in January or February. If everything goes well, the thesis defense should be done in Spring. I have a huge amount of work to do, but I can't wait!
Karine

Crazylitstudent
Drifting

Post by Crazylitstudent » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:43 pm

Karine wrote: Ben, how are you? It's been a long time since we heard of you. A few months ago, you wrote that you graduated: congratulations! :D
So, still not interested in doing a PhD? 8-)
I'm fine thanks Karine, how are you? :) Yeah it has been a long time since I visited the site, just had a lot going on. Thanks for the congratulations, I'm so happy being a master! lol

I delivered my first academic paper at a conference last month, which went down really well so I'm really happy at the moment. The PhD has had to be put on the back burner, I was going to try and start at the end of this month but I've had to push my plans back a year. I have a supervisor lined up and have got everything planned for my thesis proposal (On the treatment of Africans/Asians/South Americans in British Victorian poetry), its just a matter of sorting a couple of things out before applying ;)

@ TheSquirrel: That and learn to write longer messages! ;)

I'll try and catch up with all the Sarah related stuff over the next couple of days.

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:39 am

Crazylitstudent wrote:I'm fine thanks Karine, how are you? :) Yeah it has been a long time since I visited the site, just had a lot going on. Thanks for the congratulations, I'm so happy being a master! lol

I delivered my first academic paper at a conference last month, which went down really well so I'm really happy at the moment. The PhD has had to be put on the back burner, I was going to try and start at the end of this month but I've had to push my plans back a year. I have a supervisor lined up and have got everything planned for my thesis proposal (On the treatment of Africans/Asians/South Americans in British Victorian poetry), its just a matter of sorting a couple of things out before applying ;)

I'll try and catch up with all the Sarah related stuff over the next couple of days.
I'm fine, thanks for asking! I'm glad that my PhD is almost done. I mean, I still have to write 250 pages(!), but I have 200 pages written and everything is going very well.

Your subject sounds very interesting! Doing a PhD is a very hard thing, but I'm sure you can succeed if you want to.

About your conference, maybe you were like him just after! :D
http://whatshouldwecallgradschool.tumbl ... esentation
This website makes me laugh so much! When I feel exhausted and tired, I check this and I know that I'm not alone anymore. ;)
If you become a PhD student, maybe you'll like this one too (if you don't already know about it):
http://www.phdcomics.com/comics/archive.php?comicid=188
This is how I feel at the moment: after years of darkness, I'm beginning to see the light! :D
Karine

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:12 am

Karine wrote:
Crazylitstudent wrote:I'm fine thanks Karine, how are you? :) Yeah it has been a long time since I visited the site, just had a lot going on. Thanks for the congratulations, I'm so happy being a master! lol

I'm fine, thanks for asking! I'm glad that my PhD is almost done. I mean, I still have to write 250 pages(!), but I have 200 pages written and everything is going very well.

Your subject sounds very interesting! Doing a PhD is a very hard thing, but I'm sure you can succeed if you want to.

About your conference, maybe you were like him just after! :D
http://whatshouldwecallgradschool.tumbl ... esentation
This website makes me laugh so much! When I feel exhausted and tired, I check this and I know that I'm not alone anymore. ;)
If you become a PhD student, maybe you'll like this one too (if you don't already know about it):
http://www.phdcomics.com/comics/archive.php?comicid=188
This is how I feel at the moment: after years of darkness, I'm beginning to see the light! :D
I do hope it's the light at the end of the tunnel, and not the light of an oncoming train, Karine! :D Seriously, I admire your dedication in sticking with it through the ups and downs. Keep the faith and press on regardless. We all have faith in you. All the best! :)
Ed

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:57 am

Thank you! I like doing research, even if it's hard sometimes. I guess it's not different from any other job! :)
Ed, I don't remember if you wrote about it, but what are you doing in life? What is your job?
Karine