So quiet here....?

For all the random things in life
Crazylitstudent
Drifting

Re: So quiet here....?

Post by Crazylitstudent » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:22 pm

Yes I did thank you Karine! :) It was really nice seeing the famous paintings like Millias' Ophelia in real life for the first time. Sadly because it was really crowed we didn't have time to go and find Waterhouse's "The Lady Of Shallot" but otherwise it was an awesome trip! :D

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:28 pm

Crazylitstudent wrote:Yes I did thank you Karine! :) It was really nice seeing the famous paintings like Millias' Ophelia in real life for the first time. Sadly because it was really crowed we didn't have time to go and find Waterhouse's "The Lady Of Shallot" but otherwise it was an awesome trip! :D
My sister and I got our tickets at 4:00 pm but we had to wait until 5:30 pm before being allowed to get in the line for the exhibition. It was really popular! :shock:
I know that some people wanted to really "look" at the paintings, to examine them carefully, but sometimes, all I wanted to say was "Come on! Move!!!" :x
I even saw a man trying to draw one of the portraits, right in front of it! It was not the place, nor the time for this!!
Anyway, I was really happy to see the exhibition, knowing that it was probably my only chance to see all those masterpieces!
Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:56 pm

Am I the only one who still come and check the boards? :?
I guess we're all busy and there's not much to talk about these days. According to Sarah's Fb and Twitter, we will hear a new song soon...
Karine

Ellie
Root Admin

Post by Ellie » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:58 pm

Karine wrote:Am I the only one who still come and check the boards? :?
I guess we're all busy and there's not much to talk about these days. According to Sarah's Fb and Twitter, we will hear a new song soon...
Hey Karine, I'm still here as well, checking the forum regularly and stuff. Well, I should since I want to be a good admin :P I'm more or less busy, but I've started again re-checking my Sarah media, videos, and stuff, found some new bootlegs which I really want, etc etc. Besides that, alot of pages on Solaced still need a make-over so I'm kinda busy with that as well.

Yeah, I'm waiting for the new song as well! She keeps us again waiting :)
Ellen
Sarah McLachlan Online - Solaced.info | Solace Elsewhere: My Blog
Member of the Hacking Team

~I just wanna watch you sleep as you lie here beside me, so close your eyes I'll guard the door~

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:02 pm

Ellie wrote:Hey Karine, I'm still here as well, checking the forum regularly and stuff. Well, I should since I want to be a good admin :P I'm more or less busy, but I've started again re-checking my Sarah media, videos, and stuff, found some new bootlegs which I really want, etc etc. Besides that, alot of pages on Solaced still need a make-over so I'm kinda busy with that as well.

Yeah, I'm waiting for the new song as well! She keeps us again waiting :)
Hi Ellen! I hope the song will be good (and the next album too)!
I don't have time today, but I'll post a few pictures soon (I found 3 new promo pics lately).
Karine

TheSquirrel
Full Of Grace

Post by TheSquirrel » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:41 am

It's good to see the two of you both around, and thanks for keeping this board going Ellie. Sarah McLachlan may not be my favourite current artist any more, and doesn't excite me as much as she used to, but she has produced my favourite music, and is my favourite artist of all time. If she were to tour the UK I would still want to go and see her.

For me there have been lots of good singer songwriters emerging over the past few years. I have broad taste and like Leona Lewis, Emeli Sande, Adele, Rita Ora, Lana Del Rey, and Taylor Swift. My partner and myself are middle aged but we like quite a few of those, what I would call, "girlie artists." They seem to appeal to very young girls, but we like what they do.

It would be interesting to hear a new album, from Ms Mclachlan, and even if it doesn't have that old magic, in a way it doesn't matter that much, as I still have great memories of seeing her play 9 years ago. She has produced my favourite music, but I am someone who looks to the present and future. I find current music the most exciting. I grew up with music, as did my partner. We will be seeing old boys Rush play soon, as well as Lana Del Rey, Leona Lewis at the Royal Albert Hall, and Kings Of Leon later in the year.

It's good to see this board still going. Tastes change, and people move on, but a few of her old fans are still around, it's just that life sometimes takes over, and what seemed really important before, no longer seems that important. I think if she produced a new album, quite a few of the old regulars would come back here. Most forums run out of steam as posters drop away, but this is still here, which is really nice to see. I find it quite strange that I am one of the few who are still looking in, and occasionally posting, being her harshest critic of all the posters here and on Blackened Sky. I never particularly admired her, but I am still a big fan of the music.

Keep it going Ellie, and Karine, your posts always contain much humanity and goodness, as do posts from many of the regulars here.
I'm an opinionated old tosser and proud of it.

Empirejim
Drifting

Post by Empirejim » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:35 pm

Hi guys. By the way, I am always around here. I look to see who else might be here and I sort of keep it quiet too. Just waiting also for any thing new. ;)

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:24 pm

When Blackened-Sky closed suddenly and unexpectedly a few years ago, many members didn't know about Ellen's website and "we" lost them.
Sarah also changed her management team and they're doing a much better job than her old one. People don't rely on the board to have fresh news anymore, they check Facebook or Twitter.
Karine

Ellie
Root Admin

Post by Ellie » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:17 am

Karine wrote:When Blackened-Sky closed suddenly and unexpectedly a few years ago, many members didn't know about Ellen's website and "we" lost them.
Sarah also changed her management team and they're doing a much better job than her old one. People don't rely on the board to have fresh news anymore, they check Facebook or Twitter.
Have to agree with Karine here, I still think alot of regular Sarahboards/B-S.net visitors don't know about the site and/or forum. Aaand, with Sarah posting more and more on Facebook and Twitter (which is great of course!) I guess visiting Solaced and the forum is kinda not necessary... I mean, my updates can't beat Sarah's personal pics, right? :P I just hope that soon with the new album it'll be a little bit more crowded in here than now.
Ellen
Sarah McLachlan Online - Solaced.info | Solace Elsewhere: My Blog
Member of the Hacking Team

~I just wanna watch you sleep as you lie here beside me, so close your eyes I'll guard the door~

Quincy
Fallen

Post by Quincy » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:05 pm

Hello Everyone,

I'm still here as well, but I have to admit that, yes, it is very quiet here.
I understand that Facebook/Twitter has provided the World with instant information on whatever subject matter you want. However, it's still nice to "chat" over various topics, cross swords with anyone who'll bite, etc. I still don't think that Facebook/Twitter can offer this level of intimacy that this, or similar sites, can offer.
I still want to hear new material, and hopefully see, SMcL in the future. I'll dust off some of the bootlegs that I've downloaded from here, and that other site....(What was it's name again??) and rekindle some of the magic I felt when listening to her live recordings.
By the way SMcL/Micks Management, my home city of Leeds has a new 14,000 seater arena which is opening in a couple of months. Come and give it a try.

Q