So quiet here....?

For all the random things in life
Karine
A change is coming

Re: So quiet here....?

Post by Karine » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:49 pm

Hi Carol,
It's nice to hear from you! I hope your treatment works well. I wasn't having any migraine, but my weekly headaches were already unpleasant (and sometimes very painful), so it must be rough when it happens.

Congratulations for your new job, and for buying a part of the house! :)
Karine

Quincy
Fallen

Post by Quincy » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:46 am

Hi Karine/Carol,

Karine, I hope that the worst is behind you, and that there is light at the end of the tunnel.
My much better half has elevated blood pressure, but the medication she is taking helps her tremendously.
As for the fear of heart attacks, that is more of a worry. I had a mild heart attack a few years ago. I'll be honest it scared me. For me, it's the fear factor that it'll happen again, since there was no outward cause for the attack.
Hopefully they will find the underlying cause of your health issues and if not cure it, help guide you away from lifestyle choices that may exacerbate things. Did you manage to get to any of the concerts last month??

Carol, I'm glad that your health is improving and that you feel your life is going in the right direction with the new job. Owning your share of a house eh!, not bad......And playing your drums!.....What a neighbour you'll be!!

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards

Q

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:24 pm

Hi Quincy,

I'm trying to improve my lifestyle, but it's not always easy. There's salt everywhere! Now that I'm paying attention to it, I realize how much of it I can be eating. A simple can of soup or worse, a pack of ramen noddle with boiling water is making me eat 50% of the salt I should consume in a day (and that's if I use the normal amount of salt an adult could eat in a day).

Anyway, I'm trying to be careful, but I'll have to be more serious about it.

Unfortunately, no concert for me. Sarah wasn't playing in my area. She went to Toronto not long ago, but I couldn't go. I'm in Ottawa's area and I can drive to Montréal easily, but Toronto is much farther. I'd have to plan a real trip for that.
Karine

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:47 am

Hey guys,

I haven't been here in quite a while, so it's good to hear from you all. I hope your treatment keeps everything under control, Karine. Those numbers sound really alarming. Eat lots of fruit & vegetables. I've heard that there are many holistic remedies and/or Chinese medicine that may help as well. Go play in the snow, no that you have it again. :)

Carol,

I hope you are doing well after your recent loss. I wish you all the best.

And Quincy, are you going to be fishing a lot in retirement, playing golf, or just goofing off? :D

Remember, music is some of the best medicine, along with laughter.
Ed

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:17 am

Thanks! It's now under control, but the hard is for me to control what I eat and improve it.

Do you have any plans for the Holidays? I found a new job (it's been a month already!), so I'm finishing my university class and combining it with my new position.
It's a bit crazy (I spend my nights and weekends marking exams), but I know it's temporary.

Our Holidays will be quiet, spent at home. I will be happy with it :)
Karine