Favourite Art? (As in Paintings etc)

For all the random things in life
Crazylitstudent
Drifting

Favourite Art? (As in Paintings etc)

Post by Crazylitstudent » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:16 pm

What is everyone's favourite peices of art? Dson't matter if its a painting by one of the masters or a CD cover you really love. All art is welcomed here! :)

I'm a Pre-Raphaelite geek! I love everything Victorian anyway but to me the Pre-Raph's represent everything that is awesome about art. It helps that they also loved the beauty of red headed women like I do... *giggles*

Okay as for my favourites...

King Cophetua and the Beggar Maid by Edward Burne-Jones (My All time favourite artist, simply a genius!)

The Hours by Edward Burne-Jones (This one is hanging in a local art gallery so of course I'm going to love it!)

La Ghirlandata by Dante Gabriel Rossetti (Another Genius, my love of his art is coupled with an intrest in the tragic life story of his wife Elizabeth Siddal)

“I am Half-sick of Shadows,” said the Lady of Shalott by John William Waterhouse (Love Waterhouse and own a reproduction of one of his paintings, sadly not this one though)

I could go on and on....

Empirejim
Drifting

Re: Favourite Art? (As in Paintings etc)

Post by Empirejim » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:14 pm

Landscapes probably, as there is a lonely feel to them. A sense of solitude and quietness, times gone by and hard to explain. It's if your standing there in front of it all, by yourself, a moment and space forgotten.

Empirejim
Drifting

Re: Favourite Art? (As in Paintings etc)

Post by Empirejim » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:37 am

Do you know of any other artists, besides Sarah, who has theses talents.