In the seven years since Afterglow...

For all the random things in life
Blackangel12868
Building A Mystery

In the seven years since Afterglow...

Post by Blackangel12868 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:12 am

So, i was thinking as i was reading about the new album coming out that SO much has changed in my life. I was wondering, does anyone else feel the same way?

For me, i was only in middle school when Afterglow came out. I'm now a freshman in college, and a music student. something i never would have imagined doing when i was in middle school.

What has changed for you?

Karine
A change is coming

Re: In the seven years since Afterglow...

Post by Karine » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:02 am

In 2003, I was 21, doing my bachelor's degree, I was living with my mother and my sister and I was single.

Now, I'm in France (since 2008), I'm doing my thesis and I have a boyfriend! In November, I'll be 28 and I'm already thinking about my 30 (it's coming so fast!!)
It's true, a lot has changed!!! :shock:
Karine

biancadantas
Lost

Post by biancadantas » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:40 pm

Wow....it's true, time is really going by fast. In 2003 I was beginning my master course in Computer Science, thinking that the thing I really wanted to was to become a professor, planning to get a doctor degree later....
Now, 7 years later, I'm a professor and I'm not very happy with it, I had just turned 30 and feel kinda disappointed of what I became, I think I took the wrong way at some point. Hope next few years things help me put things on track again.
'Cause I can't be the one you wanted me to be....'
Signature by Ellen

Jessel
Fumbling

Post by Jessel » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:13 am

*Cue trying to modify the topic...*

No offense to anyone who loves Afterglow but in my case, it should be paraphrased as "In the 12 years since Surfacing..." :P

I was in my freshman year in college when I started getting serious with Sarah's music back in '98. I was in my late teens then and now I'm a year and a few months shy of my 30th b-day (God Almighty, hehe...) and still a Sarah fan. A lot of things have happened since then: been through different jobs, lost contact with some of my dear friends, made new ones and reconnected with old (no pun) ones, been through ups and downs, aging gracefully (I hope lol) etc. etc... I guess the only thing that remained constant is my eccentricity and cynicism lol! But that's what life is all about, I'm a work in progress like everyone else and I can never really tell what will happen next. I just have to enjoy the moment. :D
One little leaf adrift in the breeze, refuses to fall from the sky
Blown by the wind it clings to the tree, unwilling to wither and die...

Crazylitstudent
Drifting

Post by Crazylitstudent » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:53 pm

In 2003 I was 21 and living in a different city to the one I do now. My Dad was still with us then and I had no clue what to do with my life while on a College course I hated.

In between then and now I've moved cities and finished college after five more courses I hated with a passion. Last year we lost my Dad to cancer and I had a massive breakdown because of it just before Christmas.

I turned 28 in January and am a year and a half into a 3 year BA Honors University course in English Literature which I really enjoy. My plan is to go onto a MA in Victorian/Coloinal Literature when I finish the BA next year and hoping to go into Library work to help fund this next phase in my Education. I have a direction!

Its been a hard seven years but I'm still here and I feel I'm a surviour instead of a victem!

biancadantas
Lost

Post by biancadantas » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:10 pm

Crazylitstudent wrote:In 2003 I was 21 and living in a different city to the one I do now. My Dad was still with us then and I had no clue what to do with my life while on a College course I hated.

In between then and now I've moved cities and finished college after five more courses I hated with a passion. Last year we lost my Dad to cancer and I had a massive breakdown because of it just before Christmas.

I turned 28 in January and am a year and a half into a 3 year BA Honors University course in English Literature which I really enjoy. My plan is to go onto a MA in Victorian/Coloinal Literature when I finish the BA next year and hoping to go into Library work to help fund this next phase in my Education. I have a direction!

Its been a hard seven years but I'm still here and I feel I'm a surviour instead of a victem!
Sorry for your dad :(
I really like you're doing the right course now, I'm also trying to connect with my inner vocation and studying music right now....:) Good luck to all of us!
Signature by Ellen

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:37 am

Crazylitstudent wrote: My Dad was still with us then
I'm sorry for you dad too Ben!

biancadantas wrote:I had just turned 30
Jessel wrote:I'm a year and a few months shy of my 30th b-day (God Almighty, hehe...)
Crazylitstudent wrote:I turned 28 in January
We'll all be in our 30's... maybe we should start a community of old fans! :D
Karine

biancadantas
Lost

Post by biancadantas » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:28 pm

biancadantas wrote:I had just turned 30
Jessel wrote:I'm a year and a few months shy of my 30th b-day (God Almighty, hehe...)
Crazylitstudent wrote:I turned 28 in January
We'll all be in our 30's... maybe we should start a community of old fans! :D[/quote]

It's a good idea,and maybe we could knit a little while we talk about Sarah..... :lol:
Signature by Ellen

Jessel
Fumbling

Post by Jessel » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:47 am

^^ Great idea! :lol:
One little leaf adrift in the breeze, refuses to fall from the sky
Blown by the wind it clings to the tree, unwilling to wither and die...

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:38 pm

biancadantas wrote:It's a good idea,and maybe we could knit a little while we talk about Sarah..... :lol:
I didn't think about it! :lol:
Karine