So, the ultimate question - will she carry on?

Discuss here any general things concerning Sarah
Grazza215

So, the ultimate question - will she carry on?

Post by Grazza215 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:17 pm

So

I've been coming here on and off for years, collecting for almost 20 years and I still love her music so much.

I feel her new record deal has kind of really shafted us a-lot as, under Arista, we would get a "release" every year of sorts (remix, live, reissues etc) but under UMG it seems there is little care and attention.

Does anyone else feel she is winding up her music career and will mainly just focus on touring now?

It's the question I never want to speak out loud, but she just seems to be really taking aback seat these days - it must be so hard with all the streaming and level of expectation nowadays from new artists.

What does everything

Knowing my luck she will announce a new album tomorrow :-)
G

Luus81
Touched

Re: So, the ultimate question - will she carry on?

Post by Luus81 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:05 pm

I don't have enough knowledge to judge this because I'm a newbie. :) I wasn't there when she made her switch from Arista / Nettwerk to Verve / UMG, so I cannot say anything about it. But it is certain that the music world has changed a lot. I understand that Sarah has been calling for a new CD for 2, 3 years. Actually, it was also an excellent opportunity for Sarah to finally finish and release her CD this year. That has not happened yet. Many artists have made good use of it (for example Taylor Swift?!). So why didn't Sarah do that? Who knows?
And as far as I can judge, Sarah loves performing and touring. She won't give up on that, I think. But it would be nice if there was a new CD again.
What I also noticed in this is that Sarah's website is not up to date. And that there is not much more news on it. For example, I miss something about Canada Day (her performance was stunning!).
They also wrote nothing about her role in Jann Arden's TV series, which was funny. And she did a duet with T. Thomason.
Her Facebook and Instagram is a bit more up to date, but she also keeps quiet there a lil' bit.
You're so beautiful with an edge and charm
But so careful when I'm in your arms

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:14 pm

I think most news are published on Facebook and Instagram nowadays. I personally think the website looks dated and it hasn't really been revamped since Shine On, so since 2014.

I believe she's mostly working on improving the music schools, participating in charity events and touring a bit. I love her music, but I'm not "impatient" for new songs. I'm sure I will love her next album, even if it comes out in 5 years from now (but please release it earlier than that :lol: )

I'm rediscovering her Christmas songs these days and I'm very happy about them :)
Karine

Quincy
Fallen

Post by Quincy » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:40 pm

I think that I have intimated this before.
SMcL was, allegedly, writing material for a new album a few years ago. Alas, that appears to be wrong.
As pointed out, she is working on her charitable contributions more and more these days (I cannot fault that)
I will be honest, I’m listening to her music less and less these days, although Wintersong is playing as I type.

I’m of the opinion that she won’t take on anymore big tours to promote new releases but it would be nice to here something new from her....but you’ve got to ask where’s her motivation to write new material coming from? Any touring she does appears to be US/Canada centric and with COVID still with us for the foreseeable future it’s looking bleak for live music full stop.
The short answer to your question Grazza is no, I don’t think she’ll carry on.
Pity really.

Q

Miguel

Post by Miguel » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:24 pm

It seems Sarah’s at the point in her life that she doesn’t really need to release any more albums if she doesn’t feel like it, but would tour to appease her fanbase. She nearly sells outs theatres and amphitheaters at this point in her career, so it’s not an issue if she doesn’t release any more albums. It would be nice if she’d release songs every so often like “The Long Goodbye.”

Realistically, and hopefully, I think Sarah has at least 2 albums left in her to release. Maybe one more Christmas/holiday as well. I don’t know of Sarah’s contractual obligations with Verve/UMG, but she was pretty open about it during her time with Arista. I believe she had 8 albums in her contract then?

Like Karine said, Sarah keeps busy on other fronts.. charities, her music school, still raising her 2 daughters..all while enjoying life. It would be nice to hear from Sarah daily but I am glad she doesn’t revolve her life around social media! :lol:
My Jon McLaughlin fansite
Member of the Hacking Team