Collectors

Discuss here any general things concerning Sarah
Quincy
Fallen

Re: Collectors

Post by Quincy » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:13 pm

Grazza215 wrote:Hey,

...for me, the item I want now is the Into The fire Acoustic version on The Difference Radio Show CD, cant find it listed anywhere but here at Solaced.
I have an acoustic version of Into the fire somewhere" I don't know if it's the version you want, but I'll look and see if I can track it down and let you know.

Q

Miguel

Post by Miguel » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:18 am

I was lucky enough to find a 2 track remix CD of the Boilerhouse Mix of Sweet Surrender with an unreleased mix on. Never seen it anywhere before. I also got the touch original - paid a fair whack for it too - but it was the want that I HAD to get.

Discogs has provided me with a lot of the gaps - but I wish I could take out all the mixes of silence - as my life would be a lot easier lol.

for me, the item I want now is the Into The fire Acoustic version on The Difference Radio Show CD, cant find it listed anywhere but here at Solaced.
I've heard of that 2 track Boilerhouse CD. Does the other mix have a different name? I may have to hunt that down now.

Discogs is amazing, very helpful indeed. Loved that most stuff is perfectly catalogued and tells you the difference between CD versions :)

I've just recently spotted a radio compilation on ebay that had Forgiveness. I took a chance and bought it. Crossing fingers it contains the "radio mix" of Forgiveness. It was only released in Canada (digital of course). It sucks there are songs we can't buy from other countries' itunes
My Jon McLaughlin fansite
Member of the Hacking Team

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:26 am

Are any of you guys collecting the concert books? I saw one from Solace on eBay but is was too expensive. I have the ones form FTE and Surfacing.
Ed

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:53 pm

I just have the Afterglow live and Shine On books, but they're at my mother's house right now.
Karine

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:41 am

Karine wrote:I just have the Afterglow live and Shine On books, but they're at my mother's house right now.
Karine,

The FTE book has a CD of the album in it, also. I guess it is the U.S. version, since the FTE CD I already had is the European version, which has the bonus track "Blue" by Joni Mitchell that she covered. This one is #74321 19032 2, and also has the vocal and piano solo of Possession, which is not on the U.S. album either. The concert book was printed in Canada, however.

Does anyone know if the vinyl of FTE has the lyrics and painting that are on the small CD booklet on a large record sleeve like the vinyl record of Touch had? I believe this album was the last one that Sarah did a lot of the artwork on.

So what's in the Afterglow book?
Ed

Miguel

Post by Miguel » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:23 am

Islandflyer wrote:Are any of you guys collecting the concert books? I saw one from Solace on eBay but is was too expensive. I have the ones form FTE and Surfacing.
Ed, the Solace tourbook is just an oversized version of the 1992 Live EP booklet! A little disappointing yes, but definitely worth it if you want to have all tour books. I'd wait if I were you, for one that's under $25 (I think I got mine for over $50, maybe $70! It was scarce at the time)

I'm missing Shine On, don't know why I didn't get it :?

I think the CD in the FTE book contained the version of the country/continent where they were selling it at the time. Mine came with the Nettwerk/Canada version. There's a second "tourbook" for FTE, it's a spiral book with postcards and a Good Enough promo CD.

The Afterglow book has pictures from the first leg of the tour, with bio, chronology of events of Sarah's career up until that point, School of music info, credits, band mates, etc. :D
My Jon McLaughlin fansite
Member of the Hacking Team

Grazza215

Post by Grazza215 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:51 am

Quincy wrote:

...for me, the item I want now is the Into The fire Acoustic version on The Difference Radio Show CD, cant find it listed anywhere but here at Solaced.
I have an acoustic version of Into the fire somewhere" I don't know if it's the version you want, but I'll look and see if I can track it down and let you know.

Q
Yeah that's the one - I was given the track but I really want it on CD :-) not that I'm a purist or anything

Grazza215

Post by Grazza215 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:57 am

Miguel wrote:

I was lucky enough to find a 2 track remix CD of the Boilerhouse Mix of Sweet Surrender with an unreleased mix on. Never seen it anywhere before. I also got the touch original - paid a fair whack for it too - but it was the want that I HAD to get.

Discogs has provided me with a lot of the gaps - but I wish I could take out all the mixes of silence - as my life would be a lot easier lol.

for me, the item I want now is the Into The fire Acoustic version on The Difference Radio Show CD, cant find it listed anywhere but here at Solaced.
I've heard of that 2 track Boilerhouse CD. Does the other mix have a different name? I may have to hunt that down now.

Discogs is amazing, very helpful indeed. Loved that most stuff is perfectly catalogued and tells you the difference between CD versions :)

I've just recently spotted a radio compilation on ebay that had Forgiveness. I took a chance and bought it. Crossing fingers it contains the "radio mix" of Forgiveness. It was only released in Canada (digital of course). It sucks there are songs we can't buy from other countries' itunes
-ooooooh, didn't know about that one - let me know, and I can add to my (ever growing) list... :-)

The Boilerhouse CD has very little info (I will try and scan it at some point) there is no code or anything just says "Boilerhouse mix" I've labelled them as "Boilerhouse Mix" and Boilerhouse Remix just so I know which is which,

I think things will get tougher for the new releases as there are fewer and fewer CD releases - and as Sarah isn't hugely collectable at the moment, it may get trickier. Don't want things just to be digital.

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:35 pm

Islandflyer wrote: So what's in the Afterglow book?
Ed, you can see a few pictures of the book here (Jamie Anderson worked on Afterglow book, and Shine On):
https://www.behance.net/gallery/4567197 ... e-Tourbook

http://www.fortdesignco.com/design-brand

Some of the live pictures used in Afterglow book were taken by Tony Mott while Sarah was in Australia (some of them are on his website):
http://www.tonymott.com/music/music-n-t ... mclaughlin

For the story of the photoshoot: http://thebrag.com/five-tony-motts-favo ... ock-photos
“I did a Sarah McLachlan portrait for an album cover. Sarah had sold 30 million records, been around for a while, so she’s quite experienced, [but] unbelievably uncomfortable in front of a camera. It’s not a pleasure for her at all, and that took much more work on my behalf. So I had dinner with her, we talked about music – she couldn’t be a nicer person.
I was having a joke with her, telling her I’m going to shoot her in the toilet, but the toilet was actually the State Theatre and it’s the Butterfly Room – one of the most beautiful rooms in Sydney. And when we actually shot it, as much as she was still quite shy, finally I was happy with the results.”
Karine

Luus81
Touched

Post by Luus81 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:38 am

I'm a collector too! :)
I love CD's, vinyls, books, etc. In the 90s, I bought a lot CD's, but now I don't buy a lot CD's. I have become more picky and I only buy CDs from artists that I really like (for example Sarah!). Now that vinyl is becoming popular again, I am buying vinyl more often. I love limited editions; limited edition vinyls that are numbered. I think it is a sport to get such a numbered limited edition of a vinyl... I like that!
Why collecting CD's, vinyls and all that stuff?? It first started in the mid 90s. I was a huge fan of Mariah Carey and began collecting CD's, singles, vinyls, posters, collector items, etc. I now have over 680+ items of Mariah only (I know it's way too much!). I'm no longer a big Mariah fan like in the 90s and 00s, but I still collect items of her. Though not as much as I used to be. In the 90s and 00s, eBay was my best friend, and record fairs too...
I also used to visit record fairs. Twice a year (in April and November) I always went to the record fair in Utrecht. I don't remember when it was the last time, I think 2014? This still exists, and they still advertise that they are the largest record fair in Europe. Funny thing (well, not funny after all) is that I actually planned to go there again this month, looking for Sarah items, but this was canceled by COVID19 (fortunately, we still have eBay and other online shops).
As a collector of CDs and vinyls, I find it very difficult to expand your collection in the past 10, 15, 20 years, partly due to digital downloads, streaming, less promo CDs (they are more of those simple, burned CDr in a simple paper sleeve with some information) and almost no singles (on CD or vinyl). The 90s (and a bit of 00s) was a collector's paradise!

And now as a Sarah fan, I'm a newbie, but I started collecting CD's and vinyls of Sarah too! :)
I already have some CD's, DVD's and vinyls. Yesterday I received a package with 3 albums on vinyl (re-issues, "Music On Vinyl"); Solace, Fumbling Towards Ecstasy and Mirrorball (limited edition). I'm really happy with the new items! :D
You're so beautiful with an edge and charm
But so careful when I'm in your arms