SarahMcLachlan.com Updates

Discuss here any general things concerning Sarah
Karine
A change is coming

Re: SarahMcLachlan.com Updates

Post by Karine » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:19 am

@Paolo: check your private message ;)

Do you know what is great with Sarah's music? It's that even if you're a long time fan, you can always re-discover her songs and be as enthusiastic as you were the first time you heard it. For example, I feel that way every Christmas, when I listen to the song "Wintersong". It's so sad and it makes me cry almost every time I hear it.

About "Sweet Surrender", you can't imagine how many times I heard it: at least once a day, surely more than that (365 days/year x 16 years = 5840 times :shock: ).
Sometimes when it plays, I don't pay attention to it but then, it seems like it's a brand new song and I get connected to it again.
It doesn't happen with all of her song and it depends on my mood and my personal situation. For a while, I was listening to "Awakenings" every day, almost like a drug: I needed to hear it, to sing it out loud, because it was the exact expression of my feelings.

Don't worry: I'm as excited as you by this album release. I'm like: "Will there be enough space in my brain to learn all these new lyrics?" :D
Karine

CarolCiola
Fallen

Post by CarolCiola » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:10 pm

Found this at Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Teamsara ... 0295577840

I think it really is the official team.. :think:

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:34 am

Karine wrote:@Paolo: check your private message ;)

Do you know what is great with Sarah's music? It's that even if you're a long time fan, you can always re-discover her songs and be as enthusiastic as you were the first time you heard it. For example, I feel that way every Christmas, when I listen to the song "Wintersong". It's so sad and it makes me cry almost every time I hear it.

About "Sweet Surrender", you can't imagine how many times I heard it: at least once a day, surely more than that (365 days/year x 16 years = 5840 times :shock: ).
Sometimes when it plays, I don't pay attention to it but then, it seems like it's a brand new song and I get connected to it again.
It doesn't happen with all of her song and it depends on my mood and my personal situation. For a while, I was listening to "Awakenings" every day, almost like a drug: I needed to hear it, to sing it out loud, because it was the exact expression of my feelings.

Don't worry: I'm as excited as you by this album release. I'm like: "Will there be enough space in my brain to learn all these new lyrics?" :D
I just saw this one, Karine. I see you have this "problem" too! I have gotten stuck lately on "Home", then before that it was "Backdoor Man", then "Wait", then, "Time", where was I....oh "Sweet Surrender" was one I was stuck on, too; having to hear 3 or 4 versions every day for a week or 2. :) But I seem to go through episodes of focusing intently on 1 or 2 songs, then "discover" something I hadn't noticed before in another one, and you get the drift. I think it's a feedback loop situation, maybe? HaHa! Then there's having to listen to the same concert over and over again because I get so swept up in the "moment" of it, like Mirrorball, for instance. Do you do that?

Ed
Ed

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:14 am

Islandflyer wrote:I just saw this one, Karine. I see you have this "problem" too! I have gotten stuck lately on "Home", then before that it was "Backdoor Man", then "Wait", then, "Time", where was I....oh "Sweet Surrender" was one I was stuck on, too; having to hear 3 or 4 versions every day for a week or 2. :) But I seem to go through episodes of focusing intently on 1 or 2 songs, then "discover" something I hadn't noticed before in another one, and you get the drift. I think it's a feedback loop situation, maybe? HaHa! Then there's having to listen to the same concert over and over again because I get so swept up in the "moment" of it, like Mirrorball, for instance. Do you do that?

Ed
Actually, I don't really listen to entire concerts. I added a few selected songs in my playlists, like the Steaming version from the Hi In The Middle bootleg (it's a fun one), but I don't know if I ever listened to this concert from its beginning to its end.
I'm also not always interested by the older home made bootlegs, like the "1989-08-20_Belfry Theatre, Victoria BC" one. My god, the sound is so awful!
I tend to prefer the more recent recordings, from the Surfacing era to now. It would be great if Sarah decided to follow Tori Amos' idea: record some of the shows and sell them as official bootlegs. The sound would be good and we could really enjoy the recordings.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legs_and_Boots
Karine

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:49 am

Karine wrote:
Islandflyer wrote:I just saw this one, Karine. I see you have this "problem" too! I have gotten stuck lately on "Home", then before that it was "Backdoor Man", then "Wait", then, "Time", where was I....oh "Sweet Surrender" was one I was stuck on, too; having to hear 3 or 4 versions every day for a week or 2. :) But I seem to go through episodes of focusing intently on 1 or 2 songs, then "discover" something I hadn't noticed before in another one, and you get the drift. I think it's a feedback loop situation, maybe? HaHa! Then there's having to listen to the same concert over and over again because I get so swept up in the "moment" of it, like Mirrorball, for instance. Do you do that?

Ed
Actually, I don't really listen to entire concerts. I added a few selected songs in my playlists, like the Steaming version from the Hi In The Middle bootleg (it's a fun one), but I don't know if I ever listened to this concert from its beginning to its end.
I'm also not always interested by the older home made bootlegs, like the "1989-08-20_Belfry Theatre, Victoria BC" one. My god, the sound is so awful!
I tend to prefer the more recent recordings, from the Surfacing era to now. It would be great if Sarah decided to follow Tori Amos' idea: record some of the shows and sell them as official bootlegs. The sound would be good and we could really enjoy the recordings.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legs_and_Boots

But how do you know what you will like, and what you won't, if you don't listen to the whole thing, Karine? I like the flow in the concerts, and the funny anecdotes or comments that Sarah made between songs, too. It's like you're capturing a moment in the past, and reliving it, as if you were there. Yes, some of the really old ones have terrible sound, but I wanted to hear them to gain some perspective on where she was then. I tend to be a sort of historian when I get into stuff like this. Since the better bootlegs must have come off the soundboard, it would seem she owns those anyway, and should be able to do that. The other thing is that she had this youthful dynamism that let her kind of "go crazy" as she said about one of those shows, where she sang these songs so passionately. It's not the same as the later ones, even for the same songs. But that's a good idea. I'll make a playlist if selections I like from the different shows. The 1992 Seattle concert has a great version of Steaming, too, that is tremendous. I'm glad I'm not the only one that likes that song. I feel somehow I should be embarrassed to admit it. ;)

Ed
Ed

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:36 am

Islandflyer wrote:But how do you know what you will like, and what you won't, if you don't listen to the whole thing, Karine? I like the flow in the concerts, and the funny anecdotes or comments that Sarah made between songs, too. It's like you're capturing a moment in the past, and reliving it, as if you were there. Yes, some of the really old ones have terrible sound, but I wanted to hear them to gain some perspective on where she was then. I tend to be a sort of historian when I get into stuff like this. Since the better bootlegs must have come off the soundboard, it would seem she owns those anyway, and should be able to do that. The other thing is that she had this youthful dynamism that let her kind of "go crazy" as she said about one of those shows, where she sang these songs so passionately. It's not the same as the later ones, even for the same songs. But that's a good idea. I'll make a playlist if selections I like from the different shows. The 1992 Seattle concert has a great version of Steaming, too, that is tremendous. I'm glad I'm not the only one that likes that song. I feel somehow I should be embarrassed to admit it. ;)

Ed
I'm not saying that I don't like any bootlegs: I wrote that I'm more interested by her recent material and that I don't like home made recordings with horrible sounds! ;)
My interest for more recent recordings reflects my interest for songs from FTE and her following albums. It's not that I don't like Touch or Solace, but I don't connect with them the same way I do for other albums. It also depends on songs: people are fans of Adia, but I don't really care about it and so I tend to skip it. When I listen to live recordings, I don't always need to listen to the entire concert, I pick the songs that I really want to hear, depending on my mood. I do that with her official releases too (Mirrorball and Afterglow Live, for example).
If I have only 1 hour in a day to listen to music, I don't necessarily rush to hear a concert of Sarah. For example, in the morning, to wake me up, I have my "More rhythmic" songs playlist and to relax in the evening, there's my soft songs playlist. There are some songs by Sarah in both of them, not the same, but it's mixed up with other artists.
Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Fri May 09, 2014 10:45 pm

There's a new page on SM website:
http://www.sarahmclachlan.com/social/
Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Fri May 30, 2014 8:50 am

Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:33 pm

Yeah! The store is open!! :D
http://www.sarahmclachlan.com/store/

If you buy on SM website, it brings you to Maple Music, where you can also order the merch you want:
http://www.maplemusic.com/dept.asp?dept_id=855
Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:12 pm

Hey, does someone know what happened to Team SarahMc (on Twitter and Facebook)? :?
Karine