Discuss here any general things concerning Sarah
Karine
A change is coming

Re: SarahMcLachlan.com Updates

Post by Karine » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:25 am

Oh how I would love to win a Skype chat with Sarah!! :shock:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVEZXYud ... tube_gdata
.... but sadly it'll be in the middle of the night here! :(

Oh and Sarah will reveal the name of her album that night, so check it out! :)
Karine

TheSquirrel
Full Of Grace

Post by TheSquirrel » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:53 am

I just received a mail with the news. She may really have a new album coming out, despite saying there was likely to be a new album this year. I'm not expecting much from the album, but it will be interesting to see where she tours. We're unlikely to see her in the UK, unless it's a one off at The Royal Albert Hall, but I'm sure she'd still be good to see live. Even though it's 10 years since I saw her last, I'd still get excited at the prospect of seeing her again, and not a lot gets me excited nowadays - must be age. Hope that voice hasn't deteriorated too much.
I'm an opinionated old tosser and proud of it.

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:00 am

TheSquirrel wrote:I just received a mail with the news. She may really have a new album coming out, despite saying there was likely to be a new album this year. I'm not expecting much from the album, but it will be interesting to see where she tours. We're unlikely to see her in the UK, unless it's a one off at The Royal Albert Hall, but I'm sure she'd still be good to see live. Even though it's 10 years since I saw her last, I'd still get excited at the prospect of seeing her again, and not a lot gets me excited nowadays - must be age. Hope that voice hasn't deteriorated too much.
Well, I'm pretty sure that a few months ago, I read on her Twitter account that London was the most requested city. Of course, if she plans to make a huge show like the Afterglow Live one, flying to Europe would be complicated, but in the last years, she did more intimate concerts. Traveling only with the members of the band and their instruments would probably be easier.
Her performance at Jay Leno will surely be on Youtube so you'll be able to judge her voice by yourself. ;)
I only hope I'll fly back to Canada early enough in the summer to see her in concert. I don't want to miss another tour.
Karine

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:09 pm

Will you follow Sarah's Twitter and Facebook posts tonight? I'll probably be in my bed when that happens, but I hope that as soon as the name of her album will be revealed, you'll post it here. :D
Karine

CarolCiola
Fallen

Post by CarolCiola » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:51 pm

Karine wrote:Will you follow Sarah's Twitter and Facebook posts tonight? I'll probably be in my bed when that happens, but I hope that as soon as the name of her album will be revealed, you'll post it here. :D
I'll be sleeping too, Grammy will begin at 11pm here in Brazil... I'm still a simple mortal and tomorrow I have to work early, so... :roll:

By the way, a question: do you guys have any idea of how SM Team organized the Skype chat with Sarah? We are making bets in Brazil about this :lol:

- We thought if SM's Team could announce the winner at the official website or social network (Twitter/Facebok).
But imagine that: "The winner of SM's chat is Carol Ciola from Brazil!!". Ok, on sunday afternoon it will be 462 fans in my house to talk with Sarah with me! It would be a big mess! Then... no.

- We thought if SM's team sent an email to contact the winner.
But when and what time? If they contacted the fan yesterday (saturday), the thing could be that mess I quoted at the 1st question up there. If they contact the fan a little bit before Grammy begins... doesn't work, they cannot contact somebody like this, at the last moment...

Any idea?

HamsterP

Post by HamsterP » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:56 am

..and new album is called..... [drumrolls]..... SHINE ON!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Since "no-one" called me last night, first thing I did this morning was to check around for the big news.

Karine
A change is coming

Post by Karine » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:18 am

Carol: I'm sure it was the 2nd option. As you can see, the girl seemed alone during her Skype chat:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 6997_n.jpg

How could you have a conversation with Sarah if there was 462 other fans beside you? :D
HamsterP wrote:..and new album is called..... [drumrolls]..... SHINE ON!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Since "no-one" called me last night, first thing I did this morning was to check around for the big news.
Paolo, do you like the title?
I really don't know what to expect. It sounds like a positive title, full of energy, but I doesn't fit (for example) with Beautiful Girl's mood. It's a song about hope, but with a sad little twist. I guess I will have to be patient :D
Karine

HamsterP

Post by HamsterP » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:19 pm

Karine wrote:Paolo, do you like the title?
I really don't know what to expect. It sounds like a positive title, full of energy, but I doesn't fit (for example) with Beautiful Girl's mood. It's a song about hope, but with a sad little twist. I guess I will have to be patient :D
Karine,
this whole Sarah's thing is overwelming me!
It's been months I'm floating in her music. From the very first moment I discovered her music, I fell in this sort of bliss. I feel myself spinning and spinning around, with Sarahs music to rule and guide me.
Plus I've come to know her just before a new record release: it may be too much for me. ahahah...
I do love the album title. "Shine On" is that kind of name you look forward to each time you need something to give you the strengt to carry on.
Like you said "Beautiful Girl" is a bit sad. Maybe the whole album has its own route and BG is a step in the journey before finding the final light.

PS: Since you offered... may I ask you "Babushka" and "Wuthering Heights" covers? Thanks in advance.

Islandflyer
Drifting

Post by Islandflyer » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:17 am

HamsterP wrote:
Karine wrote:Paolo, do you like the title?
Karine,
this whole Sarah's thing is overwelming me!
It's been months I'm floating in her music. From the very first moment I discovered her music, I fell in this sort of bliss. I feel myself spinning and spinning around, with Sarahs music to rule and guide me.
Plus I've come to know her just before a new record release: it may be too much for me. ahahah...
I do love the album title. "Shine On" is that kind of name you look forward to each time you need something to give you the strengt to carry on.
Like you said "Beautiful Girl" is a bit sad. Maybe the whole album has its own route and BG is a step in the journey before finding the final light.

PS: Since you offered... may I ask you "Babushka" and "Wuthering Heights" covers? Thanks in advance.
Hey, Paolo! You're not alone with this affliction. I have been "consumed" by Sarah's music for the past year. :D I can't seem to go a day without hearing something by her.

The title brings to mind "Shine on, You Crazy Diamond" from Pink Floyd's album "Wish You Were Here". So perhaps it has some relation to reminiscence, as well as hope. It's probably thematic, though, as Fumbling Towards Ecstasy was. Maybe she will have a progression of songs in a journey, like you suggest, Karine.
Ed

CarolCiola
Fallen

Post by CarolCiola » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:18 am

Hi Paolo! Seems like Sarah's music has the same effect for me too :)

Islandflyer, you had the same thought I had about Pink Floyd's album about Shine On! I like Pink Floyd a lot, actually they have a whole album with this song, in several parts... it's my fav album. I hope Sarah's Shine On makes me feel so good as PF's Shine On does!