Sarah and Nettwerk

Discuss here any general things concerning Sarah
Kaleysuncle
Drifting

Re: Sarah and Nettwerk

Post by Kaleysuncle » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:03 pm

ecstasythrumusic wrote:. I would love it if she used outside producers
Yes. Or produce herself (like Tori Amos).

Speaking of Tori, I believe this is why Sarah met up with her in December... to discuss the aspect of going Indie. 8-)

In a timeless search for a love that might work... - Stevie Nicks

Jessel
Fumbling

Post by Jessel » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:34 am

I agree with Miguel. I don't think Sarah's switching labels anytime soon, just the 'management' part.

lost_in_space82 wrote:Same here. I think they pressured Sarah into releasing the new album, thus the poor quality of the songs (IMO).
TheSquirrel wrote:I view it as truly excellent news, especially given the quality of the recent album.
Like some of you here, I'm done with kidding myself that her new album is up to scratch. Only Rivers of Love and a cover song bears traces of that old magic. If severing ties with Nettwerk would allow Sarah to express her art more freely or even go into a new direction, then I'll welcome it. I dunno, maybe Nettwerk is trying to pigeonhole Sarah. Maybe they want her to stick to adult contemporary pop or something like that.
One little leaf adrift in the breeze, refuses to fall from the sky
Blown by the wind it clings to the tree, unwilling to wither and die...

Quincy
Fallen

Post by Quincy » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:16 pm

TheSquirrel wrote:This is totally out of chatacter for me - optimism, I hate it. Given the quality of the last album I am delighted at this news.
I tried optimism once, it didn't work. When things go wrong then your hugely dissapointed. Now cynasism, that's definitely worth taking.
I wouldn't say the quality of LOI was bad, but it was certainly different. Were Nettwerk dissapointed with the album? Is the fact that she is having to tour again breaking relationship. Are these the catalysts for the move? 23 years is along time for any business relationship so I wouldn't say it was a suprise. I'm keen to hear exactly what she has in mind for the future...More working from home, more producing, less touring?? Who knows! So long as I'm not dissapointed.

Crazylitstudent
Drifting

Post by Crazylitstudent » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:51 am

Miguel wrote:Ben, if Sarah leaves Sony BMG, how are you going to buy her CDs in the UK? :? They're her international distributor and nothing more, so I'm glad she still has a relationship with them. In another article I read, Nettwerk already cut their ties with Sony and made a contract agreement with Warner Music Group.
I thought Sony BMG handled promotiong in International Markets. The promtion for LOI was really really poor here and I just want to see Sarah with a label that would promote her better here thats all.

RiverOfLove
Fallen

Post by RiverOfLove » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:44 pm

I loved LOI, still do in fact. However, I would like her to go in a new direction, and if that requires her cutting free of her management, then so be it.

I'd like her to shake things up a bit, like the switch from Solace to Fumbling. That was a drastic change, and it worked. I'd love to see something similar happen, although I also don't want Sarah to throw filler tracks on the next album, or to rush things.

One of the things I love about her is that she takes time to make good albums. Too many artists just put out an album, that is rushed, without thinking. Sarah doesn't do that.

Times seen Sarah Live:
November 10th, 2010, Taft Theater, Cincinnati OH
July 11th, 2014, PNC Pavillion, Cincinnati OH

"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Sweetfear
Building A Mystery

Post by Sweetfear » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:29 pm

RiverOfLove wrote:
One of the things I love about her is that she takes time to make good albums. Too many artists just put out an album, that is rushed, without thinking. Sarah doesn't do that.
there is a difference between taking your time and actually recording an album every 8 years :P
Tangled up in our embrace
There's nothing I'd like better than to fall

RiverOfLove
Fallen

Post by RiverOfLove » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:33 pm

Sweetfear wrote:
RiverOfLove wrote:
there is a difference between taking your time and actually recording an album every 8 years :P
True, but it wasn't 8 years. She recorded Wintersong in the middle of it.

Times seen Sarah Live:

"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Quincy
Fallen

Post by Quincy » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:06 pm

Even 1 album every 4 years is pushing it! And, Wintersong isn't really a "Serious" album, more a personal indulgence. Sorry :|

Jessel
Fumbling

Post by Jessel » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:43 am

I also don't consider Wintersong a "proper" album, but of course that's just my opinion...
One little leaf adrift in the breeze, refuses to fall from the sky
Blown by the wind it clings to the tree, unwilling to wither and die...

RiverOfLove
Fallen

Post by RiverOfLove » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:04 pm

Well, Sarah has said before that she has trouble writing songs. At least she gave us an album in between the huge "writer's block", she didn't just not release anything for those years.

Times seen Sarah Live: